Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Knightcombine, A fortress on the edge. *Regen: FE Pre-A5*  (Read 870 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Knightcombine, A fortress on the edge. *Regen: FE Pre-A5*
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:40:37 am »

In the year 95, the High Council of the Nations of Sacrificing decided that the best way to combat the Undead and Exiles, would be to found a research facility near a volcano. In-which its raw power could be controlled, much like dwarves do below the earth. And with the old general defecting to the side of darkness for immortality, even after his long successful track record against the undead. Things were looking grim, and the fate of a young shaper in training will change forever...

Chapter 1: Founding an Idea

"Milesnarl this is a fool hardy plan! Do you just think, the liches of the undead legions, are just going to let us walk in and lay claim to a part of their lands? How did you even manage to become one of the nine?" High Council man Manorfaction shouted across the round table, finally reaching his breaking point as this topic had been going on for months. Smoothing his shapers robes, he sat back down as Flaxking spoke up "Gentlemen, Ladies, fellow Shapers. Can we finally come to an agreement on this matter? I suggest something we haven't touched on yet." She sat there waiting for someone to speak up, this idea was so crazy that even she had doubt. "Well? Flaxking go on, I feel we already have shot down every idea we may have made. As one of us is always against an idea, so what is this suggestion?" Harebreed was always a curious one, as he had more to loose if the undead managed to breach the eastren outposts. "We take a note from our allies, the Dwarves. When they found a new fortress, they send only seven. And slowly begin to carve out and build their fortress, do they send more dwarves to help. They are crafty, and know that a small group, is harder to detect, then a full scale operation." Flaxking stood up looking at each of the other Council Members faces, it was an assortment of confusion, and disagreement. "Bah! Flaxking, how will that ever work? The seven we send would be dead in a week, we are not dwarves. Better yet only us Shapers, with our training can handle the stress of underground enviroments. Humans cannot simply dig a hole and live in it, and seven will not have enough supplies, or man power to build safe housing." Milesnarl said with a smuge grin on his face "It will work, I have my apprentice and two of my personal guard ready to go."
"You had this planned out before you told us?" Wavechain spat out.
"Calm yourself Wavechain, I like this idea. I have a master builder, I can send her to be the forth for that team of seven." Crushequal said as she toyed with her hair.
"I will offer three of my people to assist in this, we have to do something. We are running out of time, and I do not want to be sitting here, waiting, for the undead to break into this tower." Leaderyarn was always eager to any of my ideas. The rest of the members slowly started to agree Milesnarl being the last to nod his head.

I was engrossed in my studies when one of my master's serviles entered my chambers, it bowed and spoke simply "Flaxking, requests you." with that it bowed again, and left. Is Flaxking going to have me do another shaping test? Her tests were always brutal, almost impossible to pass due to her strict need of perfection. Out of all the new students to shaping why did she pick me? Letting out a sigh I gathered my books, and donned my robe which bore the symbol of the shapers on the back. And headed towards Flaxkings throne room...

5 Years Later

The Undead Legion has been relentless in their hive mind attacks, and the window of opportunity has finally opened. In this time the seven that will be embarking into hostile lands, have been training. The Nations of Sacrificing would have been wiped out 2 years ago, if the dwarves didn't show up as they did. Elves had driven them from the mountians, in which they will not speak about. But with their combined forces the undead's steady march was halted, as humans battled and dwarves built a wall. A wall so great, that it makes the Shaper's Tower look like brittle clay. And any attempts the undead have made to breach, dig under, fly over. Have all failed, as the dwarves were given access to any resource they desired, built machines of war. Not simple catapults or ballista, but hulking machines of metal that could fire lead pellets, or cut down anything living or dead with mechanical saws on each cannon arm. These machines patrolled the walls under and above, as dwarves inspected the wall for damage or imperfections, if any would be swiftly repaired. But there was rarely any.

With the undead stalled, they instead turned to gathering more dead to serve their needs. Which stalled project "Knightcombine", as their search parties would have found even a small group of seven. But now, now after 3 years. The undead have not only built a forward base nouth of the planned location, but are now massing their forces again. Which gives us the window we need to get in, and setup.

Knightcombine

Well hello all again, yup I am running another Regeneration: Forced Evolution human fortress.
Currently I have 95 humans, 94 of them unclaimed. I have quite a bit of writing to catch up to my 2 in-game years,
and the acaul progress I managed to make. My goal here is to get a trade caravan from the High Elves, Fight off the Endgame baddies.
And get the High Council (all 9) to come to my humble fortress. Currently I have a large slate, and shale apartment complex built.
Because humans will get bad effects from being in caves, which I want to get down to cavern 3 and fight some of my new beasties. To see how deadly they really are.

So come claim a human just ask what you want, and you will receive. Also at some point I will pass this off as a succession. That is if this whole thing doesn't crash from my own insanity. But reclaims are fun too right?