Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pieces of Wisdom  (Read 1110 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Pieces of Wisdom
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:21:51 pm »

The simplest words can convey a wealth of meaning. Would Bay12 be willing to share their pieces of wisdom?

I'll start.

Knowledge is a tree: experience waters the tree, and understanding is the fruit.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pieces of Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:24 pm »

Our own, or ones we've heard?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:51:47 pm »

Any that you can think of.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

-- Robert J. Hanlon

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 06:35:45 pm »

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Unknown Sage

Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself.
- Henry Ward Beecher

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:45 am »

"A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war, wide awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance. Going to knowledge or going to war in any other manner is a mistake, and whoever makes it will live to regret his steps. When a man has fulfilled those four requisites there are no mistakes for which he will have to account; under such conditions his acts lose the blundering quality of a fool's acts. If such a man fails, or suffers a defeat, he will have lost only a battle, and there will be no pitiful regrets over that."

"This question is one that only a very old man asks. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long long paths, but I am not anywhere. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you."

- don juan