Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [34.11]Tip: Trade Depot Search tip  (Read 4902 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
[34.11]Tip: Trade Depot Search tip
« on: July 10, 2012, 12:22:15 pm »

Tip: A nice thing to search for during trading is, x or X.  The toy axes show up, and normal axes show up.  But all of those tattered clothings, also show up, for easy selection!  Take care, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11]Tip: Trade Depot Search tip
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 12:52:40 pm »

Trade away tattered clothing? Do they actually have any value?
Feeling down? Click Here!

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:01:13 pm »

Yes they do. And it's not like that doesn't happen IRL. I have seen quite a few clothing "thrift shops" in latin america that sell nothing but second hand clothing from the us

ObiWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

I've been selling worn clothes since the hauling update. They are light, useless and have a nice value. Then I just buy more cloth and keep the industry running.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:20:06 pm »

So, caravan brings you cloth, you make clothes. Clothes get worn out. You sell worn out clothes to caravan, caravan recycles your worn out clothes to cloth, which you then buy up again to make more clothes.

You see what I'm saying? We need a reaction to convert tattered clothes into cloth!
Feeling down? Click Here!

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 03:38:10 pm »

Ah, but the Trade Caravan brings you NEW cloth!  Plus you keep building your trade surpluss with the Mountain Homes!

I'm just waiting for later releases in the Caravan Arc when, as you start a new fort, the Trade Caravans bring you xSocksx for the first few years!  Build up your economy, and the start bringing you +Socks+, that you won't buy because you should have a Legendary Clothier by that point anyway.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »

Trade away tattered clothing? Do they actually have any value?
xitemx = 3/4 value
XitemX = 1/2 value
XXitemXX = 1/4 value
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 06:31:47 pm »

I'm testing right now if ), brings up items that don't count towards my overall booty.  I like to sell those, well the ones that I cannot melt and remake.  I'm hoping Toady's new search feature finds and lists just the (items).  *crossfingers*  Cannot test it now.  Ugg.  Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »

In 34.11, you can only search on "x" not "x(".

It's still a very good way to unload a bunch of junk starting in your second year or so when the first year's migrants clothes start wearing out.  Send a few dozen pieces to the depot and it's worth 20-50 each.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:58:06 am »

I've been playing DF for 2 years now and I see I'm missing something. Sure, trading your worn clothes is what I do since 34.11, but ... how exactly do you search in the trading screen?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 02:57:35 am »

howexactly do you search in the trading screen?
It's not in the trade screen but in the 'move to trade depot' screen (q-g)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 05:27:01 am »

I've been playing DF for 2 years now and I see I'm missing something. Sure, trading your worn clothes is what I do since 34.11, but ... how exactly do you search in the trading screen?
It's going to feel like the first time you see through glasses next time you want to get rid of a specific item and don't have to search through your entire inventory.

JimiD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 05:49:13 am »

Hah, being playing for three years and I didn't know that!

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 01:59:05 pm »

*blush*  Only last version or 2nd from last version, hmm, not sure which, put that list sorting search feature into DF, don't be too hard on yourself.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »

Can anyone tell me why that isn't working for me ? If I use s:select and type "x" only a single rope reed trouser appears. I have hundreds of tattered clothings, but I can't make them show up .... They are not forbidden or owned.
Also searching for "trouser" or "shirt" does not work.

I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack, anyone else run into this ? I hope this isn't a bug ...
Pages: [1] 2