Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Ch. 15: Justin Bieber Eats Mongol)  (Read 18391 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Sign-ups Closed)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »

Uh, I just...Want to ask. Am I expected to do the whole "Role playing" thing? It's...Not exactly my area of expertise.

I've read through quite a few of the RTD's here, and a lot of them involve "Role Playing".
((Add flavor to your posts, define your characters and their actions well, and it should be fine.))

I'm more comfortable with just stating my action. I guess it's up to TCM...Thanks for the tip, however.

I don't really care for this game. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 10:21:18 pm »

I don't really care for this game. :P

Oh, okay. Good to know! Thank you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 10:51:22 pm »

Funny, the only SS soldier is an officer.  :P

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:06 pm »

That's why I gave him the largest unit. I should probably make it the highest, 8, though, since he's the only nazi character.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Ch. 1: Prelude)
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 04:53:52 pm »

Ch. 1: Prelude
Late Summer, 1942 - The forest and plains are still green and warm. But there won't be much time before winter and snow come...
Important Notes: Since there are a huge amount of NPCs in this game, your job as Otriad leader will be less about micro-management and more of a 'guiding hand'. And as such, for a lot of specifics, like what equipment your group members have, you will have to find out through direct asking. (Maybe's it's the result of my rage while playing RTDs and The Sims, but I figure the NPCs in this game will be pretty self-reliant and capable.

Arseniy Sidorov finds himself looking at the Belarussian Forest. A sprawling mass of trees and rivers placed before him. The White Wing, his otriad accompanies him. Manchuni grips his PPS-41, "Damn, that's a lot of trees." Turkbish spits out his cigarette. "That makes it easier to shoot at Nazis." Kolkov pats Arseniy on the back. "Eye, you ready to go comrade?"

The otriad steps into the forest, surrounded by trees, grass and the calls of the birds...

Arseniy is equipped with the Scoped Mosin-Nagant, a classic rifle used since the 19th century, now adapted for the use of snipers. His other weapon is a Mongol Scimitar, a blade that Genghis Khan brought to Russia hundreds of years ago.

Spoiler: White Wing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arseniy Sidorov (click to show/hide)

Alexi Anisimov steps into the Belarussian forest with his Otriad. Under his command are Volsvo, Grigor, Mikhail, Yuso and Yuri.

They come to a small stream, which is where they will start their journey...

Alexi is armed with a SKS Rifle, the high-powered semi-automic advancement in Soviet Arms Technology. His side arm is a Nagant M1895, an unusual gas-sealed revolver.

Spoiler: Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexi Anisimov (click to show/hide)

Dietrich Metzger and his SS Unit step onto the property of a barn. In his force are Bauer, Maust, Meier, Fabic, Stiener, Kalt Wolfgang.

Dietrich had recieved a message that Jews were hiding somewhere on this farm. Directly in front of him was the house, and behind the house were fields and the barn. It is now his duty to find them...

Dietrich is armed with the Luger Pistol, a semi-automatic weapon with which he has had much practice with over the years. Sheathed at his side was a Kreigstach Sword, a longsword which is decorated with gold to show his rank.

Spoiler: Scwarzehunde (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dietrich Metzger (click to show/hide)

Isidore Farkas sits on a log contemplating the situation. His brother was sitting on a nearby log trying to comfort his sister, who was in the throes of dispair due to the loss of their family. In addition, the Farkas's only had one day of food left. But Isidore knew this was just a test of Yaweh, and he would face any trials God had given him.

In the center of the camp is a fireplace surrounded by a few logs. The camp perimeter is pretty much just trees and more trees, but to the west the ground slopes up to a hill.

Isidore Farkas is equipped with a MP40, a German submachine gun that he managed to loot during his family's escape. He also has enough material to set up 5 Swing Traps. Basically, he'd wrap rope around a heavy rock or log and then attach it to a branch. The rope would be tied along two trees, as a tripwire. When stepped on, the rock or log would swing down between the two trees in an ark.

Spoiler: Mstitele (Avengers) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Isidore Farkas (click to show/hide)

Davion Bakst ran through the forest. He had to, he swore he had heard a siren go off not to far behind him. As soon as he was sure he was not being followed, he stopped to catch his breath. Panting, he looked around and realized he had no idea where he was. Some sort of ditch, which went on for many yards, like a trench. He checked his weapons, fully loaded, no extra clips.

Davion was alone, but that was how he worked best. As a lone wolf. He wasn't fighting because he wanted to. He was fighting to live without dying in a concentration camp or a mass grave. It was now that he had to set up his plans...

Davion is armed with a Hunting Rifle, a long gun designed to hunt large game like elk. In addition to that he had a P-44, a hardy Polish made revolver.

Spoiler: Davion Bakst (click to show/hide)

Adrian Maciejewski was standing with his Otriad by a dirt road on the edge of the forest. Hiding behind trees for cover, he established a plan with Doron Paier. "Maciejweski, we have two plans of action. We can either stay here and wait to see if any supplies or caravans pass, or we can head down the road to the nearest town. It's your call. In addition, later tonight, we must find some shelter."

The others in his group were Hadas Wieksel, a carpenter, Jonah Berkley, a magazine writer, and Rebbeca Merkov, a factory worker.

Adrian is armed with a Double-Barreled Shotgun, which is a shotgun with, well, two barrels. As his alternate weapon he has a Chiappa Zebra, an Italian revolver he stole from a German supply drop.

Spoiler: Adrian Maciejewski (click to show/hide)

Nikolai Vondgas steps into the forests with pride in his step, as he knows Lenin is watching him serve the motherland. He is serving with his Otriad with Shappel, Tolstoy and Vladmir.

Shappel looks around. "What do we do Nikolai?" Vladmir replies, "Give Nikolai time, he knows what to do, for we are not just any Otriad, we are, the Freedom of the Motherland!" Tolstoy yells, "Shut up Vladmir! Do you want the Nazis to identify us?"

Nikolai is armed with a PPS-41, the standard Russian drum submachine gun. He also has a Czarian Claymore, a large hacking blade which has had it's Czarist emblems scratched off by Nikolai.

Spoiler: Nikolai Vondgas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:16:30 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 05:37:15 pm »

"We're heading up stream. Mikhail, Yuso, take any firewood you see along the way, but don't get too far off the path. The rest of you, stay alert. Tell me before you shoot anyone."
Alexei issues his orders before leading the squad up stream to look for SS or Otriads.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:04:01 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:21 pm »

Bakst will carefully explore, trying to find some sort of town or village.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 06:59:29 pm »

Adrian takes some time to think, and he cannot help but smile. "Well I wouldn't mind cracking a few German heads and stealing some of their shitty food, but we should probably make our way to a town soon eh? Maybe we will find some place to hold up for the night."

Adrian does a quick assessment of his units equipment before heading down towards the nearest town, making sure to stay well covered on the way.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 07:46:39 pm »

"Shappel and Tolstoy, you two go off and try to find higher ground, see if you can spot any intersting features. Vladmire, your with me. We shall head out into forest and look for a good place to camp. We meet back at this place in one hour. Go go go!" Nikolai heads out with Vladmire head out to look for a good place to camp.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 07:58:23 pm »

Arseniy rubs his eyes slowly, still slightly puzzled on the reason why he was commanding a group of soldiers, all of them probably more capable than him. "Well, we should look for anywhere we can use as shelter, then we'll think about the rest. Let's go and stay alert! We never know when or where the enemies of the motherland may appear."

Search for a suitable shelter/hiding spot located in an easily defendable position.

After thinking a little more, he turns to his group while walking: "Which one of you has the best hearing?"

If said soldier is anyone but the medic, send him slightly in front of the group.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:19:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:12 pm »

"Meier, see if you can spot anyone in the barn or the field through your scope."
"Wolfgang, Maust, and I will search the house, while the rest will head to the barn when Meier gives the signal.  I know I don't have to warn you to be careful. The Jews have honed their craftiness and guile for thousands of years and they will not hesitate to put a bullet in you, your wife, or your children, so prepare yourselves to extend them the same courtesy."  "I will question the owner of this house. If he is nowhere to be found or is found to be harboring the enemy, prepare to torch the barn and the house, Fabic"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 05:47:59 am »

((My Otriad was listed at 3 members, me and my other siblings. The parents, are dead  :'( So I'll reference only those siblings, could you retcon that in?))

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 07:11:48 am »

((My Otriad was listed at 3 members, me and my other siblings. The parents, are dead  :'( So I'll reference only those siblings, could you retcon that in?))

"But it was alllll a dreammmm"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 01:17:40 pm »

I have.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 10:33:31 am »

((So...you gonna' post?))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12