Other Projects > Other Games

The Elder Scrolls

<< < (35/66) > >>

Gamerlord:

--- Quote from: Haspen on July 14, 2012, 09:08:34 am ---And don't forget that Molag Bal had Vivec's head for an hour before that for obvious purposes. Yup, perverse fiction everywhere in this game.

Poor Gamelord, we shattered his innocence :P I feel so proud c:

Oh, and the 'censored' passage in 2nd part of 'True Barenziah' is uncensored in Daggerfall, and that part is about

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Young dark elf lady gettin raped by Khajiit with all the details
--- End quote ---

Don't worry about me. I just never though about that passage like that. And I didn't think the bit in True Barenziah is actually Spoiler (click to show/hide)rape. I thought it was consensual.  :-\ Might be remembering it wrong.

Haspen:
Well, she did that to get into Thieves' guild. Haven't read the book for a while myself, so can't be sure.

Sordid:

--- Quote from: Haspen on July 14, 2012, 07:54:20 am ---
--- Quote from: Sordid on July 14, 2012, 07:39:45 am ---And if you paid attention to the lore books scattered about, you'll know that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Vivec is aware that he's in a videogame and has access to the Construction Set. I love Michael Kirkbride. I wish they'd get him back, because he was clearly the only competent writer they had.
--- End quote ---

...Wait wait, what? Which books exactly? O.o

--- End quote ---

36 Lessons, Sermon 19. “Vivec put on his armor and stepped into a non-spatial space filling to capacity with mortal interaction and information, a canvas-less cartography of every single mind it has ever known, an event that had developed some semblance of a divine spark.” A place that contains all the information about the mortal world and its inhabitants? It's non-spatial, not an actual place - like a just a bunch of tables and database entries. And it's almost divine. If you think about it, the developer of the game who uses the Construction Set to make the game world is literally its god, creating it out of nothing. This "space that is not a space", also referred to as the "Provisional House", appears again in Sermon 22. Vivec apparently uses it to erase people from existence, as he puts it. Much like a modder would with the CS.
I absolutely love this meta-aspect of the lore. More on it here: http://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-1/

--- Quote from: Gamerlord on July 14, 2012, 08:59:14 am ---I wanna play again, but I only got it on Xbox, so no mods. :(

--- End quote ---

Oh please, it's like fifteen bucks on Steam. No excuses.

Teneb:
The full 36 lessons are here, in case you don't want to hunt them down in-game.

Knirisk:

--- Quote from: Sordid on July 14, 2012, 09:23:05 am ---
--- Quote from: Haspen on July 14, 2012, 07:54:20 am ---
--- Quote from: Sordid on July 14, 2012, 07:39:45 am ---And if you paid attention to the lore books scattered about, you'll know that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Vivec is aware that he's in a videogame and has access to the Construction Set. I love Michael Kirkbride. I wish they'd get him back, because he was clearly the only competent writer they had.
--- End quote ---

...Wait wait, what? Which books exactly? O.o

--- End quote ---

36 Lessons, Sermon 19. “Vivec put on his armor and stepped into a non-spatial space filling to capacity with mortal interaction and information, a canvas-less cartography of every single mind it has ever known, an event that had developed some semblance of a divine spark.” A place that contains all the information about the mortal world and its inhabitants? It's non-spatial, not an actual place - like a just a bunch of tables and database entries. And it's almost divine. If you think about it, the developer of the game who uses the Construction Set to make the game world is literally its god, creating it out of nothing. This "space that is not a space", also referred to as the "Provisional House", appears again in Sermon 22. Vivec apparently uses it to erase people from existence, as he puts it. Much like a modder would with the CS.
I absolutely love this meta-aspect of the lore. More on it here: http://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-1/

--- Quote from: Gamerlord on July 14, 2012, 08:59:14 am ---I wanna play again, but I only got it on Xbox, so no mods. :(

--- End quote ---

Oh please, it's like fifteen bucks on Steam. No excuses.

--- End quote ---

Mind blown. I occasionally read books in Morrowind, but I usually ignored the Lessons of Vivec.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version