Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The blind cave ogre  (Read 1563 times)

Angelos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
The blind cave ogre
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »

I'm doing an illustration about the blind cave ogre. It's said that they have only 2 fingers, but how should i draw their fingers?

So i'm here to ask you how i should do it!
Choose one of the 3 options!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once i end the drawing, i'll post it here and in my website, so please, tell me how you imagine those fingers.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: The blind cave ogre
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:23:28 pm »

Hey Quinmael! I am torn between B and C, and definitely NOT A. If I had to imagine this BCO, though... I tend to lean toward C.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

I think B. Blind cave ogres would seem to have a greater need for punching and keeping a firm grip than pinching. A is also too odd for a mammal-like creature.

For B, the fingers could be angled together a bit; this would improve the pinching ability, but also increase the gap between the fingers. Might not look as good.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:04:29 pm »

Hey Quinmael! I am torn between B and C, and definitely NOT A. If I had to imagine this BCO, though... I tend to lean toward C.
same here
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Angelos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 08:14:05 am »

Well, I think that I'll use the B type. Lectorog is right, I think that the blind cave ogre need better grip and punching ability. Thanks for your opinions! ^^

Now another question: do you imagine this creature with a hunchback?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:00:58 am »

Yes, in a sense. They aren't bent over, but they have a comparably large mass of muscle on their back, making their overall form appear in a somewhat hunched position.