Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why "fun to lose", and is there an "end&q  (Read 957 times)

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why "fun to lose", and is there an "end&q
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 08:21:00 am »

i loved sending my military against the demons in 2d. Didnt always result in a complete fortress death, i mainly tried perfecting my demon killing plans in 2d though i never used balistas i found that the best thing to use was markdwarves behind fortifications with a group of stell plated wrestlers with a bunch of spear dwarfs ready to charge in after the demons are all tangled up by the wrestelers. Then after this i would manufacture admantium weapons/plate until i got bored or got the too deep.
EE
E@E
EEE

Btwilley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:00 am »

Yeah Burned your doing something wrong if no one dies. Your susposto systematically sacrifice random dwarves to Armok, send them randomly on incredibly dangerious areas, and don't forget about the rediculious enginering feats that don't get Armoks blessing w/o at least one dwarf falling to his death.

Oh yeah and failed moods... those kill dwarves to.

ekkud Egenid was supposedly killed by one of those "elephant" things the commoners have started dreaming up. I swear he killed himself just to piss me off with their lame fantasy.
I do wonder how he managed to break his own back though.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tynan:
<STRONG>Thanks all!

So I guess the only end is if the dwarves stop producing children and/or die of old age...</STRONG>

Coming to a theater near you! Children of men: Dwarf edition.

Wronghorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 12:06:00 am »

The worst is when a mood fails and you end up having a riot on your hands from the miasma and gore in the halls.

Or best, I suppose, Armok likes blood.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 09:11:00 pm »

My first real loss was accidentally permaflooding the world in one of my first forts in the 2D version (well before I knew about the bug or had even visited the forums). It was hilarious; probably the most fun I've had with the game.

I haven't really had a chance to play with magma yet, so I'm sure I can have some fun losses from that  :)

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside
Pages: 1 [2]