Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hugo's Modding Resource  (Read 37831 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Modder's Resource
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 02:34:06 pm »

There is a mistake here

Q:Can another object like shields be given another attack other then the vanilla bash?
A:No only Ammo, Creatures, Tools, Traps, and Weapons can be given attacks. All other items will simply *bash* and train the MISC_WEAPON skill.

Ammo cant... well, you can write a custom attack, but it wont ever appear. I wrote a "hits the target and explodes" for cannonballs, but never happens... they only "hit" and thats it. Also, related question, can tools even be used as weapons in FortressMode, or is that only for adv. mode ?

No, you're wrong; if you attack directly with the ammo, as a melee attack, it will appear. The attacks are for melee only.

If a dwarf is holding a tool in their hand, they'll probably use it as a weapon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »

Ah... I have never seen a dwarf hit someone with a bolt. Again, I assume this happens mostly in adv.mode ?

But good to know that it isnt broken. Still wish custom ranged attack-wordings were possible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 02:02:18 am »

Oh, finally found this topic...

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PLUMP_HELMET]
[NAME:Make helmet of plump helmet]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:plumphelmet:1:PLANT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plumphelmet:NONE]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
I wonder if anyyone modded this before? The idea is  so obvious... and such crazy-looking, just imagine dwarves with mushroom caps on the heads!
Haven't tested it yet, maybe will have to modify plump helmet raws to get proper name to MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL material, or add new plant material for that
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 06:48:59 pm »

Your reagent is off. You want this:

[REACTION:PLUMP_HELMET]
   [NAME:Make helmet of plump helmet]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:plumphelmet:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plumphelmet:NONE]
   [SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 09:35:20 pm »

After seeing some new modders and their question threads I've decided to bump this, in hopes more will find this useful.

I have a power goal set for when I make a full return to modding again and that is:

Make custom and linked descriptions of what and how to use a token (in case a regular token desc in the wiki is not enough, and more indepth and example should help someone get some understanding of said token)

If any experienced modders wish to take it upon themselves to write up some explaintions of tokens and how to use them that would be great.

And remember folks, download, and enjoy (and report any issues here, so that I may get around to fixing it)

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 06:13:27 pm »

Is there any way to edit ''hardcoded'' files?
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »

Well, you kind of answered your own question. However, the files in the announcements folder under data can be edited through the use of tools.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 12:14:19 am »

Well, you kind of answered your own question. However, the files in the announcements folder under data can be edited through the use of tools.

^^^ http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4175 -Weird Text Format Tools: by "andux"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 10:54:11 pm »

Now this is a tad old, but I'm still managing this. I have created a few .net programs that might be of use to others, but not sure if to release it offically.

One is a really simple find and replace that allows you to find and replace up to 6 things at once (mainly I made this for another game I mod for)
another is a Real Life Time units to DF Ticks converter for those interaction and syndrome times.

I was also working on a reaction cloner (say you wanted to make a custom forge, that makes certain things out of certain metal, can normal copy paste is too tedious) what this program or it's prototype let you do was create your base reaction in the "template" section  with some special arguments in the proper place that the program would replace with the proper information allowing you to easliy pump out similar reactions without too much copy&paste (and the chance of error of forgetting to rename or change something) I could finish this one up if alot of windows users that have .net would want this. As an example I used this to make my reactions for my brewery in Regen.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »

I would really want that reaction cloner thing you were developing. The only thing keeping me from making new metals is the fact that I'd have to make a sh!tload of reactions to go with it.

Also, the time ticks are also nice, so I wouldn't have to pop a calculator to make it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »

Alright I updated my Time to Ticks program to include some credits and a proper title (when I make software for myself there is really no titles or use friendly stuff like that)

And I'm dusting off the Raw Cloner I added 10 inputs (11 all together if you count the template section) of variables so once I get it done I'll make up a small manual on how to use, even tho it's very straight foward.

EDIT:
Updated the OP with the Two mentioned Programs, Remember the run off of .NET framework

and was quickly made, so there is little to none User friendlyness, just an example image packed with each program of using it, and some really simple manuals/help buttons.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:10:03 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2013, 02:52:28 pm »

Hi Hugo, about your two programs there. Look in my sig for Blast. It's basically an all-purpose template replacement toolkit (basically a huge generalization of your raw cloner), and I just now nabbed your Time to Ticks idea and put it into Blast as {#ADV_TIME} and {#FORT_TIME} templates (hope you don't mind that). Would you have interest in joining my project? *extends hand*

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »

I wouldn't mind helping you out at all, altho my project here was to assist new modders and modders that wish to delve into "other" fields that they ignored cause they couldn't understand. A sort of How to Mod for Dummies. Now my programs are made in C# on the .NET framework, saddly I haven't touched on Pearl and don't have it installed. I am more of a C# (hope to be C++ someday) and Java programmer.

Just to recap I don't mind at all, if it's something that will help out the modding community i'm happy for the concept and or source be improved on or added into a larger project. And since I don't have or use Pearl (I know it's a simple thing to install) I can simply offer ideas or features for your project.

Your Project is more of a interface and modding utility? Where as mine is more of Information and just simple things to make modding a little less confusing and tedious.
I'm going to add Blast to the OP (link to your page)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 05:39:06 pm »

ToxicShadow had made a suggestion for me to let the Raw Cloner take an exteral file and create arrays from the information in them and then generate reactions that way (create an .txt file that has IRON, COPPER, TIN, etc. on seperate lines, cloner then takes those makes an array and spits out reactions using each value in the array)

working on a proto type of this feature, which might make me remove the entire V1-10 and just have them A1-n ('n' representing a rather dynamic value)
Right now I just got confused on some logic with using the arrays.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 02:24:47 am »

Alright so been doing some work on the Raw Cloner, You can type a file name right now and it will read that file and treat each line in it as an element in an array.
You can have up to 10 different arrays (even tho 2 is really only needed, 3 is pushing it) and you can tell the program where the data will go in the Template with:

A1_1 (mainly this one will be used for the first array)

Now the interesting thing is the last bit on that keyword, that "_1" what I've done is made it so you can add more information to the arrays, so say I want to make Custom Reactions for all the types of metals and all the types of weapons, well I'd have to run two arrays. One for the weapons, then the other for the metals. But I want the reaction name to say "make <metal> <weapon>" respectively however you still need those IDs like IRON or ITEM_WEAPON_BOW well this is how you would make the template:

[REACTION:MAKE_A2_1_A1_1]
[NAME:make A2_2 A1_2]
[BUILDING:<your custom building here>:NONE]
[REAGENT:metalBar:450:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:A2_1]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_A1_1:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:metalBar:NONE]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]
heck even run this through it too (with it or after just depends on how you like pick your output apart)

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_A2_1_A1_1]
in the weapon file, and the metal file you would have these lines:
BOW#bow
MACE#mace

for metals
STEEL#steel
COPPER#copper

the arrays will split these lines into A1_1 (BOW) and A1_2 (bow) and same for metals. (you can have as many splits just make sure they are all even)

Now there is some manual labor needed for two or more arrays to work, first you run the first array (if we use the example of the weapon being BOW) the output will have an reaction half done but A2_#s will still be there, select all the output and copy it (CTRL+C) then goto your template and overwrite it with the paste, then run the second array, now you will have reactions that make all the weapons you wanted from all the metals you wanted. Heck you can play around with them in case you really want to make sure you get things right, you can combine the arrays and variable replacement methods.

Also I included a "Run all Arrays" button, this one is a bit different as it has different keywords and runs way differently. Made this one more for graphic set replacements that would work for mods that tend to remove some plants or weapons or whatever, basically the keywords go like 0A_1 where it's from '0-9A_n' and it litterly runs them all at once, yup all 10 arrays at once. And it stops it's process at the end of the smallest array (to prevent a crash) I don't know who would use it (I think I used it for Languages, and Plant/Tree Tiles) since if we use the above example of BOW and MACE and the metals STEEL and COPPER however i'm going to add another metal IRON

Now going through it would litterly make reactions for a STEEL_BOW and a COPPER_MACE and stop, since there is no third weapon IRON never sees the light of day. Someone might find a use for it, idk.

As an Added bonus I've added the Extractor, nifty little feature that allows you to input targets like [INORGANIC:#[TILE: pick an inorganic file, then choose a filename and location to save the output and BAM it will create an array ready file with the Inorganic ID and its Tile all seperated with a # (right now i'm having trouble with it and it adds an extra # at the end which could make the program flip 7 ways to sunday trying to run that array though)

I'll do some more work on it and see if I can fix that bug, if not I'll do a workaround where if the program attempts to write or access a NULL value you outputs some easy to find/replace keyword that wont conflict with anything. Also have another bug that I just thought of now, but it's not too major (ok maybe it is, but it's only a formatting issue)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4