Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Grisliest Combat Logs!  (Read 27534 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Grisliest Combat Logs!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 07:24:09 pm »

I killed many with those guts

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 07:01:54 pm »

Ok guys this might not be the "grisliest" combat log I got(not by a long shot) however it's full of "wtfs".

Soooo...my "labrat" strikes a random axedwarf due to poor working conditions-nothing wierd so far. He casually rolls away due to his superior training.
Then suddently from nowhere a refuse cart comes driving by and crushes his arm and leaves his hand merrily skipping across the floor.
He flies right onto his unaware friend standing a few tiles further down. This is where it starts to get wierd...
A random ghost joins the mix?
So after bouncing around between objects a while he...gets hit again- This time his hip and shoulder gets crushed in a quite satisfactionary fashion.
Once again he is joined by the lovely ghost and his friend, together they form a huge, rolling pile propelled forward by the rather slowmoving cart.
And to finish things off-some mandatory pain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »

I don't really know what's going on here.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »

I don't really know what's going on here.

He's obviously about to bash his teeth out. Pull hammer towards teeth, tap, pull back, and BASH OUT YOUR OWN TEETH!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 11:02:57 pm »

You haven't lived until you've died like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also had someone die before while sparring (after the change to damage in sparring). He dodged and fell off a cliff.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:38:24 pm by dirty foot »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:51 pm »

Why did it go for the nuts? Though I admit that was a rather weird way to die.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 11:04:05 am »

Every battle on Dwarf Fortress, even when described briefly, seems extremely grisly for me. And grisly in dorf language translates to awesome.

It is beyond detailed, I think that if I saw it as a real battle it wouldn't have that much detail.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 11:37:07 am »

Torched? Dragonfire, magma.
Sliced? Too common. Axes, swords, traps, claws, teeth...
Shot? Bows and crossbows are DEADLY.
Splattered? Drop trap.
Suffocated? Lungs damaged, upper spine damaged, submersion...

Impaled? We got it. Rotting? You better believe it. Slowly bleeding to death? Uh, duh. Skulls crushed? Yup. Ripped to shreds? Pretty much possible. Eaten? Well, worldgen-only, but it'll come into play. Hit by a minecart? Yup.
And it's not just the ways to die--there's also circumstances. Bronze colossi beating you to death slowly with your own gloves, goblins killing a baby in her mother's arms and only THEN lashing the mother to death, killed by a miserable wife, impaled by a unicorn, killed by a minecart carrying the bodies of your friends and family, paralyzed while a giant spider covers you in webs and rips your head apart, having your lungs amputated by a lousy doctor, having a baby thrown at you, slain by an infinite horde of Monsters Man Would Be Much Better Off Not Knowing, skin rotting off, frozen in ice, stuck in a half-flooded tunnel waiting to die, drained of blood by a vampire, strangled by a monster or several until you die of thirst, lashed to death, beaten with glorified sticks by heavily-armored dwarves while disarmed and fully armored, so as to prolong your suffering, crushed under a ceiling, dying by having stew thrown at you, being crippled and euthanized, lying on the battlefield (or in the hospital or prison) until you die of neglect, dying from untreatable infections from your wounds months after the fact, killed by carp, skewered by a friendly-fire ballista bolt, a number of these at once or in succession...there's no shortage of horrible ways to die. And that's ignoring the possibilities offered by modding.

Does your friend even know about DF? Or does he mean that you can't see the carnage?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:08 pm »

Does your friend even know about DF? Or does he mean that you can't see the carnage?
The unfortunate thing about DF that limits it's audience, is that it requires imagination and a whole lot of thought.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 11:35:36 am »

The weirdest thing i have heard of was in the Masterwork succession fort. My Dwarf just chewed an orcs throat.... through his steel mailshirt. Questions?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 03:54:46 pm »

No, not really. It's not inconceivable that a mail shirt would have a collar, and it's also not inconceivable that dwarves be dwarves.

Also, double negatives aren't incorrect.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 10:36:18 pm »

There is a thread where someone told a story of where he added an extra limb to a dwarf, and a socket to a female dwarf... and well I wont go any further...

That is pretty much the worse thing I can think of happening.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:02 pm »

Here are some of my own combat experiences:

1) Leaders pet dog gets booted across the map by a bronze giant and explodes against a wall. The leader then beats a child to death after going bezerk and leaves the childs corpse to be swept away just to get stuck underneath an active well for 4 years. After many dwarfs drink from the well, the childs body is finally removed a year later.

2) After a father of 3 dies in battle, each child (one after another) decides to commit suicide and jump from the same cliff. They all end up surviving the fall just to get eaten slowly by wild life (you would be surprised at how much blood children have).

3) I have had a forgotten beast spill deadly blood in my fortress, and melt the skin off half my dwarves, causing them to die slowly.

4) I decided to embark on a very hot area. Apparently if my dwarves spend more then a few days out in the sun, their skin would melt off due to the heat.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 02:04:08 am »

A trap-corridor of death, full of say 70% large, green glass serrated discs, can produce some impressively grisly combat logs.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 04:37:15 pm »

I've done worse than this meatgod fellow.

I went to the pain on some human (took some work so that he wouldn't bleed out before I was done). I cut off his feet below the ankles, then his hands at the wrist, then his nose. Left eye, followed by right. But his ears, I kept, and I tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing his hideousness would be his to cherish. Every babe that weeps, every woman who cries out "Dear God, what is that thing?!" will echo in his perfect ears. That, is what to the pain means, it means I leave him in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5