Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile by Quality Problems  (Read 1702 times)

Welsh Flea

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stockpile by Quality Problems
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:59:27 am »

Hope someone can help, I'm trying to stockpile armour and weapons by quality, so mundane items can be selected and melted quickly, then re-cycled to improve my armourer and weaponsmithing skills. I create custom armour stockpiles for each Core Quality type. Absolutely no armour is put in them. Tried to get a general stockpile to give to all of them, but no joy. Tried the metalsmiths only giving to them but again nothing. Cant figure out what Im not doing.
Took Joy in Slaughter recently.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile by Quality Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:48 am »

Make sure you have settings like material correct. Also, it probably will be fine if you don't assign things to give to them. You want the stockpiles only giving to the workshops.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:34:59 am »

I've run into this myself. like darkstar said check your material settings and the settings for which pieces of armor or weaponry is to be placed in the stockpile. also you may be using bins so make shure to set the stockpile to not use them. that can cause a lag in moving the items as a dwarf has to lug a bin out to the item then lug it back. and I'm pretty shure they choose the heaviest bin each time  ::)
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:39:25 am »

The wiki is your friend. The quality settings of the stockpiles áre useless for the most use cases, but maybe you'll see a way how it will help your situation.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:42:31 am »

Dwarfs don't like to pull stuff out of bins to put them in other stockpiles.  So... no bins in the feeder stockpile.  Or dump the bins and reclaim them, that'll empty the contents.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »

Or dump the bins and reclaim them, that'll empty the contents.

Learn something new every day.  Thanks!

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:01:37 pm »

Dwarfs don't like to pull stuff out of bins to put them in other stockpiles.  So... no bins in the feeder stockpile.  Or dump the bins and reclaim them, that'll empty the contents.

I've found that they'll pull things out of bins just fine if those things aren't allowed in the stockpile the bin is in.  "Take from" orders don't work when bins are involved, though.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:20:07 am by Brilliand »
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 12:56:42 am »

I have 2 stockpiles: first large one 3x10 for metal armor of not master quality (core and total, no bins), and quantum minecart stockpile for only master armor. Works perfectly. Ammo, weapons and crafts too.