Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 94253 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2012, 02:33:14 pm »

Urist McWrestler: "Hmm, maybe if I bite his ear with my front top teeth, bite his foot with my front bottom teeth, and bite his right hand with my back bottom teeth, I can easily win this fight!"

"Wait a minute... Is that even anatomically possible?"
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2012, 02:34:37 pm »

Possible in DF.  You can grasp one bp per tooth.  Biting with childpart tooth enables that, as opposed to bodypart mouth, which only lets you grasp one part per mouth...  teeth seems to do more damage than mouth too
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »

Possible in DF.  You can grasp one bp per tooth.  Biting with childpart tooth enables that, as opposed to bodypart mouth, which only lets you grasp one part per mouth...  teeth seems to do more damage than mouth too

I was talking in context of the thread.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

Not sure how biting all these areas would result in anything desirable...  Being a pretzel in this game is not really bad, considering the awesomeness of being a ball of flesh or a sponge...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2012, 02:51:39 pm »

Urist McFellMood has created Gfruajbag, a goblin leather pants!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2012, 04:17:26 pm »

Urist Mc Speardwarf stabs Rarrgh Do Dragon in the neck, tearing the muscle and tearing the esophagus.
Rarrgh Do Dragon Explodes!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2012, 05:23:42 pm »

Not sure how biting all these areas would result in anything desirable...  Being a pretzel in this game is not really bad, considering the awesomeness of being a ball of flesh or a sponge...

I was being facetious, though I have won fights like that and it's certainly better than most my wrestlers.

Urist McLolwut grabs third finger, right hand with his *adamantine battle axe* is what I normally get, which is why I avoid wrestlers like the plague.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »

Urist McFisherAndFishWorker: Before I try to catch some fish, I better get the fishery built and find someplace to store raw fish, otherwise all those fine fish will just rot in the sun.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2012, 10:53:55 pm »

Urist McMechanic: "Wow, these plans for an infinite energy generator from the overseer have several serious and obvious flaws in them. Perhaps I should speak to him about this before I install this last mechanism and flood the residential district?"

Urist McSpeardwarf: "There are sheer drops into spike pits on either side of me. Maybe instead of stabbing the armored goblin with my training spear, I should attempt to trip him into these finely crafted canyons of doom?"

Urist McMiner: "This large chunk of ground I now stand upon appears to be connected to stable foundations only by an implausibly small bridge of dirt. Digging that up while still standing upon this large rock plug would not be a good idea."

Urist McNurse cancels search for water to rehydrate invalid patient in frozen wasteland: decided to use alcohol instead!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Blackadder

• Bay Watcher
  • Ask about our insanely low rate on !FUN! insurance
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2012, 11:35:05 pm »

Urist McWrestler: "Hmm, maybe if I bite his ear with my front top teeth, bite his foot with my front bottom teeth, and bite his right hand with my back bottom teeth, I can easily win this fight!"

This. Signature worthy.

Also:

"Oh? The Legendary miner Urist McBadass is going berserk and murdering people with a solid steel pickaxe? Killed off our ENTIRE military of 60 already? Okay, I'll go straight to the saferoom with my infant now, instead of going into the room he is currently in to collect my favorite pair of socks."
It's not a real PARTY until the queen has a baby, picks it up, kills two goblins by punching THROUGH THE SKULL with her remaining hand, and then finishes off half a barrel of fungus wine while still nursing.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:53 am »

"Well, that went exactly as planned!"
-Sus
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2012, 05:56:21 am »

(Heaven forfend)
Players or Toady: this project will NEVER be completed, let's just give up.

Trader McHungry: How many +roasts+ do you think we need?  We can eat like kings for a month, but then it will all rot; we'll just take one each.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2012, 11:11:13 am »

Urist McInfantry - "Alright boys, form up! Don't break ranks, let them come to us!"

Urist McArmorsmith - "We have horses, we have steel. Let's rig something up so we can use these horses."
Urist McBystander - "We have war bears too."

-Later-

Urist McArmoredBearRider - "FOR ARMOK! WE RIDE TO VICTORY!!"

Goblin DeBarbedArrow - "lolno" -thunk-   :(

QuantumMenace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »

Urist McTidy: "My dwarfy sense tells me there's a dirty floor behind this 8-tile thick wall! I'll go clean it... after the repeating spikes stop moving."

Urist McFilthy: "What the circus are you doing cleaning a floor outside?! The rain will take care of that!"
Urist McTidy: "It's 'above ground', not 'outside' ya idiot! There's a roof over it! And besides, we're in the bloomin' desert!"

Urist McHydrophobe, Mason canceled suspend construction of Wall: building site isn't that submerged.

Urist McBilly, Dwarven Child canceled Run 200 tiles through the obsidian casting factory, down high-speed minecart lanes, through repeating spikes, over the top of the waterfall, along the edge of the river right next to a giant sponge, and through open fields in prime Goblin Snatcher season to reach a tile on the other side of a wall from his mother: Isn't an idiot.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »

"Well, my kobold adventurer successfuly destroyed all of dwarven civilization!"-Corai
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34