Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 94241 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:22 pm »

Urist McMigrant: The overseer wants me to put a pick through the rock between me and the magma? Hells no.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

Urist McMoody:  Carving an entire bed form a single alexandrite is insane!  I want some good solid wood and maybe some bones for decorations on it instead.

Urist McEngraver:  The mayor really hates large roaches,  so I shouldn't carve them in his chambers.  (I accidentally typed 'crave' instead of carve which made it even more hilarious until I fixed it).

Urist McBroker:  What self respecting merchant would want all this carved stone crap?  Let's trade them those gold bracelets instead.

Urist McExpeditionLeader:  Are you out of your mind?  There's no way we're setting up a fort in a freezing, terrifying biome! 

Clowns:  Naw, we'll stay down here and not bother anyone. Take all the cotton candy you want.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2012, 12:25:48 am »

Limul Abanducim, Migrant: No, I am NOT standing under this drawbridge.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 10:29:43 am »

Kobold Thief: "I'm done with this. We haven't managed to steal a single sock from this fort in 25 years. I'm gonna get a new job."

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:34 am »

The goblins are bringing ladders!

i don't know why but i really laughed at that
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

Syuviel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

Urist mcSacrificialMiner: "hm, the overseer told me to dig out a bunch of upward ramps and escape stairs right next to this warm stone, and then told me to dig through the warm stone... I wonder if i'm meant to run away from the molten rock that's issuing towards me...

Urists McMilitia: Great, the gobbos are running away, now let's follow them and see how THEY like being sieged!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »

Elven Merchant: "You know what? These wooden crafts are well crafted, I think they will sell for a nice profit back home."

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2012, 01:34:56 pm »

Urist McHarvester: Ah, these plants can be harvested, I can carry all five at once so let's take them all and bring them directly to the stockpile.

Urist McMason: I've got my own workshop, assigned to !!ME!!, I'm a Legendary Grandmaster and do all the good stuff only. I will not bother with those walls that have to be build, my 20 apprentices can do that!
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2012, 03:27:34 pm »

Urist McBrewski: "Our fortress has twenty thousand plump helmets but no alcohol. Let's just dump some of these barrels in the moat to free up some room for wine, or I'll get right bloody pissed off."

Urist McChild: "Daddy, can you teach me how to chop down trees?"

Urist McMilitary cancels Kill Urist McKilledabuggedtrader: Preventing loyalty cascade.

Elfy McTrader: "A wooden bin? Oh wait, it has the elven insignia carved on the bottom, it's one of the bins we sold you last year. Sorry for the inconvenience."

And something that shouldn't happen:
Urist McMason: "I just finished making a meshed wall that allows the passage of liquids and gases while restricting movement of creatures!"
Urist McEngraver: "That's grate!"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:49:25 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

Snugbo: Well no one's invented ladders yet...

Maybe we could just use some of that rope? You know, the rope that basically everything sentient on the face of the world can find lying about?

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2012, 04:09:32 pm »

Urust McNoble: "Well, I am rather angry that my mandate for a room has not been filled, but since we're still building vital constructions, I suppose I can wait."
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

Snugbo: Well no one's invented ladders yet...

Maybe we could just use some of that rope? You know, the rope that basically everything sentient on the face of the world can find lying about?

Nope, but even pop culture zombies know how to climb upon each other.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MalikDama

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2012, 06:03:56 am »

And something that shouldn't happen:
Urist McMason: "I just finished making a meshed wall that allows the passage of liquids and gases while restricting movement of creatures!"
Urist McEngraver: "That's grate!"

*sigh*

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2012, 03:19:18 am »

Urist McNoble- Uh, you want me to sleep on this? It's just a bed frame. I need a mattress.
Or-
Urist McNoble- Uh, you want me to sleep on this? The blankets are made of wood.

Urist McHermit- Wha? Oh yeah, I broke my arm in a cave-in. I'd better get up and try to treat it. It's not like anybody's going to rescue me.

Cat- Of course I don't want to adopt a dwarf! They suck.

Urist McFriendOfUristMcMelancholy- I'm going to force-feed you until you snap out of it. Also, my name is stupid.

Urist McTrader- Make sure to lock the door behind you, there's a goblin ambush out there and this fortress has no military.

Urist McAnnoying- So you want me to stay in that room full of skeletons while you lock the door? I don't think so.

Urist McMechanic- Here are your 20 wooden mechanisms.

Urist McStatuemaker- I do like rats, but I suppose I should make something else what with Urist McNoble's rat-phobia and all.

Urist McMigrant- Would you mind showing me around?

Urist McOverseer- I'm a dwarf!
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2012, 11:11:07 pm »

Litast Fathzon, Exterminator: "There. We have finally killed all of the rats."

This is a wax figurine of dwarves.

Dodok Urdimbekar, Farmer: "Dude, I live right next door, and I have to get up early. You think you could hold off on all that hammering while people are trying to sleep?"
Sibrek Likotvucar, Armorer: "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that."

Dastot Esarreg, Brewer: "Oh no! A Dwarven Child has wandered into the enclosure full of trained War Dogs! He will get mauled to pieces!"
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34