Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 60354 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Priest with a Plan [Day 2]
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2012, 06:54:54 pm »

What is your definition of scumhunting?
Actively looking for scum.
Seriously Tiruin I think you're just stalling for time now...
And seriously, I think you're dodging the question.
There, I see UI actively looking for scum by his questioning.
I answered the question and I don't.

Anyway, why is everyone focused on the thoughts about a cult? While I can understand the reasoning, Toaster didn't give the exact number of scum present unlike last games, and only gave a hint of a cult in flavor.
We've already seen an SK and a lyncher. This isn't a typical setup.

You put a FoS on him earlier, what made you drop it?
And a vote.

Hapah: Do you really believe Dariush to be non-hostile?

PPE: WTF. Why let him possibly get in another possible kill/convert?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2012, 06:58:43 pm »

I'm not certain enough to lynch. All that I've seen is that he got blocked!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2012, 07:24:36 pm »

Book: I fed you shrooms N1 (Hallucination Scroll).

If anyone can counterclaim this, please do so now!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2012, 08:02:11 pm »

Book: They can't, because it's true.

I did just think of a flaw in my little plan, though. (Why did no-one point this out?)

If Dar was the cult leader, he could convert instead of track, then get his new friend to say in cult-chat where he went.

I'm still not convinced Dar is hostile. If anything, I'm more suspicious of ZU than Dar. Damnit all, I don't know who to vote. We don't have evidence on anyone.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:31 pm »

Toaster: vote count and time to end of day, please.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2012, 08:51:04 pm »

I'm not certain enough to lynch. All that I've seen is that he got blocked!
How certain do you have to be? Did you read my points at all?

Book: They can't, because it's true.
I did just think of a flaw in my little plan, though. (Why did no-one point this out?)
If Dar was the cult leader, he could convert instead of track, then get his new friend to say in cult-chat where he went.
I'm still not convinced Dar is hostile. If anything, I'm more suspicious of ZU than Dar. Damnit all, I don't know who to vote. We don't have evidence on anyone.
What is your plan?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2012, 08:57:39 pm »

With no counterclaim and close to end of day, I'm back to Dariush. But I still hope for better ideas and a vote count, hopefully with some time to talk before the day actually ends.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2012, 09:22:29 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah:
NativeForeigner: IronyOwl
Dariush: Bookthras, zombie urist
blackmagechill:
Tiruin:
zombie urist: Dariush, Tiruin
IronyOwl:

Not voting: NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah

Day 2 will last until Friday, 8/3 at 11 PM EST, ~40 minutes from now.

Toaster: Can non-townies get converted to cult? (scum, SK, lyncher, etc)

Mafia are unconvertable, as well as many third parties.  Survivors and lynchers can be converted, SKs cannot.  In general, anything team-based or (traditionally) with a kill cannot be converted.

Toaster: Do discarded items go in the pool? (I discarded one, Merchant). Can you confirm the pool count is correct?

Yes.

I have triple checked all my logs and PMs, and I was indeed incorrect about the pool.  There are nine items in the public pool.

As a friendly reminder, one common item in the pool is removed at day start, after any items are added at night.  Also, day end order:

Theft -> Lynch -> Pool -> Questing    It is possible to pool and get an item a lynched person dropped.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »

Thanks Toaster.

With that information, I stand by my vote of Dariush, but I think a nolynch is absolutely the worst decision. Please someone change that.

As an added thought: leaving aside that Dariush is quite scummy, if he is indeed the cultist, he didn't convert anyone N1 (since I blocked him), so there's a chance of ending the cult completely this day.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »

GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE!

How can I get it through your fucking skulls that NOLYNCHES SUCK?! You learn no-fucking-thing from them!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2012, 10:00:20 pm »

Thread locked for day-end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2012, 10:47:00 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah:
NativeForeigner: IronyOwl
Dariush: Bookthras, zombie urist
blackmagechill:
Tiruin:
zombie urist: Dariush, Tiruin
IronyOwl:

Not voting: NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah

The arguments of the day focus around Zombie Urist and Dariush.  Each accuses the other with equal support.  The day grows later and later, and eventually everyone is too tired to continue.

Nothing came of the day, it seems.  Perhaps more will be discovered tomorrow.

No one was lynched!

Night 2 has begun!  Night 2 will last until Monday, 8/6 at 11 PM EST.

Reminder- please tell me if you wish to take no action so that I'm not waiting for you to submit something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Indecision [Night 2]
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:42 am »

The group gathered again in the meeting area.  Everyone was there, except for Dariush and Zombie Urist.  The group was organizing a search effort when Zombie Urist walked in, dragging the corpse of Dariush.

In his hands was the Crown.

“I told you guys it was him.  Look!”  He pulled out a document from Dariush’s pocket, detailing instructions to recover the crown and eliminate all witnesses.  It appears he was a member of some other cabal tasked with destroying dangerous artifacts.  With that, Zombie Urist let go of Dariush and gave him a kick.

“We’ve got what we came here for.  Let’s get out of this place.”

It took some searching, but the group was able to locate the exit.   Everyone exited, glad to be back in the light.  The crown is turned in, secured in a vault in the Mage Guild, and everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.

Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison that night.

Dariush has been killed!  He was a Warrior (Serial Killer)!

Boothras has died of poison!  He was an Archaeologist (Town)!

Game over!  Town has won!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2012, 07:44:53 am »

Crappityfuck.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:27 am »

Dead Chat:  http://quicktopic.com/48/H/6AgfmYzPqY2cF

Mr. D SK Chat:  http://quicktopic.com/48/H/45ddTxdhj78h
Dariush had one, but he has serious quicktopic issues and didn't use it.

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 1 Item Gains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 2 Item Gains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 Actions (click to show/hide)

Good game, Town- almost a perfect game!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18