Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Diablo 2: LOD

<< < (5/5)

joemoben:
Update one is directly above Sonlirains post since he's a ninja.

Edit: Here's stats and available skills
Spoiler: Stats And Skills (click to show/hide)
Here we have the beggining stats of the druid. Strength functions in on how hard you hit stuff, and quality of armor you can wear. Generally, more strength = better armor.

Then there is dexterity. Dexterity, increases chance to hit, chance to block with a shield, and chance to dodge an attack. It is required to equip a few weapons, most notably ranged.

Vitality. Vitality raises health and stamina. Stamina is how far you can run without getting tired. It's the yellow bar at the bottom in the screenshot. The red orb is health.

Then there's energy, which is the magic stat. More energy means more mana, and that's about it. The mana is the blue orb in bottom right.

This is the skill tree page, or more specifically, the elemental skill tree of the druid.

Here is the shapeshifting tree

And this is the summons skill tree.

Every time you level up, you get one skill point. For now, we only need to worry about the first things we can get on the skill tree, and here they are-

Firestorm when cast sends out three spurts of flame on the ground, each doing the damage described above.

And here is one of the mainstays of the shapeshifting tree, the werewolf. We can transform anywhere, and as a werewolf we attack faster, get extra health and stamina, and we get a boost to hit chance. The skill right next to it may look like we can get it right from the start, but it requires werewolf in order to be learned.

Here we have the summon raven spell, a spell that most consider to be mildly useless by the time the early mid game comes around. They can only stay around for a predetermined amount of attacks and the spell has to be recast nearly constantly due to that.

Here is the poison creeper. He will trail along below the ground and spit out poison every now and again.

The summons probably appear lackluster at this stage, but later on they get mildly powerful with the addition of dire wolves and bears.

Baneling:
If you want the game to be even remotely challenging, don't go with a predetermined build. Me and a friend recently started playing and though it might just be that I managed to pick an overpowered build and Act 2 weapon halfway through Act 1 I'm basically carrying him, despite his being a level or two higher.

We're currently at pretty much the beginning of Act 2 normal and the only things we've really had trouble with are a single elite from just before you retrieve Cain and the boss of Act 1, since I can just use Double Swing for everything as it's free to cast if you level it up enough.

And, of course, if you feature other people playing with you, make sure they aren't playing Magic Hammerdins, heh.

GreatJustice:
Necro is pretty fun.

Back when I had Diablo II (since I've lost some of the disks since it had about 6 ><) I always played a summoning-specialized Necro and easily creamed most of the early bosses. Then I ran into Andariel and was beaten silly because she kills skellies/golems in about two hits and I didn't have any curses or close combat ability.

Sonlirain:

--- Quote from: GreatJustice on August 07, 2012, 05:14:49 pm ---Necro is pretty fun.

Back when I had Diablo II (since I've lost some of the disks since it had about 6 ><) I always played a summoning-specialized Necro and easily creamed most of the early bosses. Then I ran into Andariel and was beaten silly because she kills skellies/golems in about two hits and I didn't have any curses or close combat ability.

--- End quote ---

There was an update with that in mind. It made skellies less numerous but far stronger and after this patch pretty much every boss became gangbanged by a bunch of pretty resiliant skellies.

JackOSpades:
for the love of god if your going to play Druid on diablo 2 GO WERBEAR tank and rip those demons apart with your bare hands....er BEAR paws...  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version