Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bear vs Dorf  (Read 7309 times)

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bear vs Dorf
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:42 am »

I caught, a

GRIZZLY BEAR!

This introduces so many possibilities. Supermum will surely have exciting adventures with the Grizzly Bear, but what should they be?
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 12:44:50 am »

Chain it in her room.

On the topic of sacrificing children: Since they're the children of a hero, they deserve a heroic death as well. A dubiously equipped volcano/magma tube dive team (bonus points if you build a diving craft for them), a summercamp in the caverns, or being dumped into a minotaur labyrinth sound honorable enough. Save wild bear pits for the naughty ones who start parties.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 12:49:17 am »

I caught, a

GRIZZLY BEAR!

This introduces so many possibilities. Supermum will surely have exciting adventures with the Grizzly Bear, but what should they be?
Train it. Grizzly bears can be trained as war animals, and can breed I'm sure you peed your pants a little just now.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 05:03:42 am »

The grizzly bear can only breed if I also catch a boy grizzly. But along with "Supermum vs Grizzly in Arena", "Supermum, Grizzly Tamer" was #2 option. But another tempting idea I had, was to feed everyone's infants and children to the Grizzly, except supermum's, that way, she gets the honour she deserves (her first tyke actually has a material preference for candy, so I am partial to letting him live anyway), and I get rid of most the pesky children. Furthermore, I get to design a system for separating mothers from infants, and feeding the infants to a Grizzly Bear. Perhaps this would work:
A retracting bridge over a retracting bridge. Mothers are burrowed to top retracting bridge (or everyone is send there via military alert). Retracting bridge is opened, dropping everyone 1z onto lower retracting bridge, mothers drop their infants due to being stunned. Lower retracting bridge is NOT in burrow, so mothers can't collect their infants, and leave, leaving the infants stranded. Lower retracting bridge is opened, dropping infants into Grizzly pit. Grizzly eats infants. And this should probably take place within view of the meeting hall, so that everyone is suitably traumatized by the scene. Perhaps windows could surround the lower raising bridge, and all exits from the dining room could be cut off by other retracting bridges, so dwarves, terrified by the grizzly, nevertheless can't flee and are forced to watch it murder defenceless infants. Now I haven't tested the mechanics of this, but I think it should work, and it sounds like quite a good use for a wild grizzly bear and infants.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 05:55:47 am »

The grizzly bear can only breed if I also catch a boy grizzly. But along with "Supermum vs Grizzly in Arena", "Supermum, Grizzly Tamer" was #2 option. But another tempting idea I had, was to feed everyone's infants and children to the Grizzly, except supermum's, that way, she gets the honour she deserves (her first tyke actually has a material preference for candy, so I am partial to letting him live anyway), and I get rid of most the pesky children. Furthermore, I get to design a system for separating mothers from infants, and feeding the infants to a Grizzly Bear. Perhaps this would work:
A retracting bridge over a retracting bridge. Mothers are burrowed to top retracting bridge (or everyone is send there via military alert). Retracting bridge is opened, dropping everyone 1z onto lower retracting bridge, mothers drop their infants due to being stunned. Lower retracting bridge is NOT in burrow, so mothers can't collect their infants, and leave, leaving the infants stranded. Lower retracting bridge is opened, dropping infants into Grizzly pit. Grizzly eats infants. And this should probably take place within view of the meeting hall, so that everyone is suitably traumatized by the scene. Perhaps windows could surround the lower raising bridge, and all exits from the dining room could be cut off by other retracting bridges, so dwarves, terrified by the grizzly, nevertheless can't flee and are forced to watch it murder defenceless infants. Now I haven't tested the mechanics of this, but I think it should work, and it sounds like quite a good use for a wild grizzly bear and infants.
Pages: 1 [2]