Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 62857 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!
« Reply #435 on: August 13, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »

Woohoo! Toen Vittry! You guys got really lucky with that bomb there, it could easily have gone the other way around... and I totally called it!

Toaster: very well played... up to that Spore Spreader fakeclaim. That was utterly lame! Still, hitting both dopps the same night was truly inspired. Glad to see the Exterminator Win trophy is still available for when I roll it (not fair, you've been Exty what, two or three times already?)

Tiruin: Heh, yeah, sorry. Couldn't resist. And we needed to laugh at you guys to keep deadchat going.

Thanks Meph for a very fun game!

Great game everybody! I enjoyed it greatly, and look forward to the next one. High five, fellow towies!

(...also, a request: please don't call it "assbot". It sounds like an automated sodomy device. What's wrong with just "bot"? it's unambiguous enough, there are no other bots... "killbot" would do if you must have two syllables.)

PPE: Toony: yeah, the dice did play a larger part than usual in town's victory this time. Still, it was great fun.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 13, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »

Also town were all incompetent. Me especially.
Thanks UI for that. I'll keep it in mind for the future Paranormals and that info...

* Tiruin desires to borrow Shakerag's shovel for personal punishment...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:06 pm »

I'm so mad I'm going to do probability poorly.

The chance of a dopp getting hit Day 2 was 3/7.  43%
(the chance of me specifically getting hit was 1/7 or 14%)
The chance of a dopp getting hit Day 3 was 1/3.  33%

Since we rolled both bad for 1/7 if I remember how that works (multiplication) which is 14%.  Bllurururug

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45:19 pm »

I think the DMB needs tweaking.  If the user could select a target in advance that would at least make it not down to a dice roll.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:23 pm »

Vengekills might be even more powerful...but I never see good vengekills anyway so maybe.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »

I don't think it'd add much extra power to any aliens though, except maybe adding a tiny bit of extra "I'M AIMING MY BOMB AT YOOOU" WIFOM for survivors.  The bomb is only useful for the exty if it leaves noone else alive afterall.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 13, 2012, 08:41:01 pm »

Awww.  Fun game, certainly!  I knew if my shield blew in the night (which I rather suspected it would) I was in trouble, regardless of any choices I made.  Dariush's double just made things harder.

Dead chat had several things right (you should totally read it for unbiased strategy advice):

1) Sentry Guns would have been a great fakeclaim except for the morning kill bit
2) I totally should have called Dariush on his body double being OUTSIDE his room
3) I feel good about calling both dopps N2
4) By claim time, it pretty much had to be me via process of elimination

Why Spore Spreader?  A touch of RiA.  My claim was all typed up to be a VT/mindshield claim, but that was just too weak.  I was hoping someone would flip agent so I could claim agent op, but that didn't fly.

FUTURE TOWNS TAKE NOTE:  Replicators *cannot* replicate during the day.  I made the bomb N2!  If I could have wait to day, I could have made a shield/bomb/orb as per best choice, but I had to pick earlier than that.

One of these days I'll win as SK in a Meph game- this is my fourth try!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 2 is less secure
« Reply #442 on: August 13, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

Toaster, why did you kill Shakerag?

Oh yeah UI, if it makes you feel better, I nearly shit my pants when I read this.  You ALMOST dragged out a fakeclaim from me here, admitting to visiting him.  I went to simple denial at the last minute.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 13, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »

Now that there's been a game where the Deadman Bomb actually is an issue, I don't like its random nature. Having the difference between a victory or loss being determined by a coin flip isn't a very cool or fun way to resolve games.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 13, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »

I agree. We'll need to look at the deadman bomb a bit. This is the first time it's really swung a game quite so much.

Here are the Role PM's & Night Actions
Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

Why Spore Spreader?  A touch of RiA.  My claim was all typed up to be a VT/mindshield claim, but that was just too weak.  I was hoping someone would flip agent so I could claim agent op, but that didn't fly.
I was wondering why anyone bought your claim for more than ten seconds.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 14, 2012, 04:05:32 am »

WHAT THE TRIPLEFUCKING SHITASSCRAP FUCK FUCK MOTHERFUCKING SHITFUCK?!

Why did TWO aliens who lose after their deaths pick fucking DEADMAN BOMBS?! Apart from 'to spite everyone else', of course.

Why did two deadman bombs randomly hit dopps? I refuse to believe RNG can be so FUCKING ASS. YOU SET IT UP, MEPH. FUUUUUUUUUUU.

I had a FUCKING PERFECT PLAN. I tunneled Toaster from nothing into lynch and could single-handedly win dopps the game.

FUUUUUUCK. FUCK YOU ALL. FUCK TOASTER. FUCK JIM. FUCK TOWN. FUCK EVERYONE.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 14, 2012, 04:21:45 am »

Also everyone alive on D3 was a non-flavor-reading idiot. Body double outside the room = guaranteed dopp. Tsk-tsk.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 14, 2012, 04:26:13 am »

I haven't lost a mafia game in awhile (like four or five games in a row) while Dariush has lost a lot recently
Oh fuck you Toony. I've only lost thanks to getting randomly blocked at inconvenient times (like in last RL). I haven't been lynched on a scumslip in like a year. Well, maybe a bit less.

Dariush claiming a dopp military scientist shot him with the bot and didn't use his kill at the same time, which is totally possible, is dumb.

He should've blamed it on Toaster and accused Tiruin of being the final dopp for being evasive about his claim.
I couldn't blame it on Toaster, since I needed a scapegoat for a dopp, with an explanation for the lack of NK. I couldn't blame it on Tiruin either, since I needed a Mr.D lynch to get rid of a warden. Yes, that was dumb on my part, I should've continued pushing my Mr.D case. Also, I totally forgot that a dopp MS can use both an assbot and a regular NK in the same night. Oh well.

Also, reading the deadchat. I didn't realize that Toaster would take a deadman bomb, since using it properly would require him to survive to D4, which is quite hard, since I knew that he's the Exty and town had a warden. Also, Toaster lynch was pretty much guaranteed. Why would I claim?

Well if they can get Toaster lynched and he doesn't have a bomb for some reason then this will be a very easy town win. They could even block Dariush this night.
Lulz. No, town would still be fucked. I would no-kill for Telepaths to get a Survive result on me. If by some chance only Mr.D would target me (without any Telepaths), I'd claim that he's lying and town would believe me. And finally I had absolutely no doubts that I'd be able to lynch him on D4.

Assbots.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:47:55 am by Dariush »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 14, 2012, 07:48:53 am »

(hur hur assbot)

My plan from the start was to load up on LYLO breakers.  Here's the thing- if Dariush had died N2, then it would have been me and three townies D3.  All I would have had to done is get a no-lynch through and I would have a guaranteed win.  Losing my shield and hitting a body double put me in a bad situation.

Anyone who thinks the SS claim was dumb- what would you have claimed?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31