Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 322481 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »

Thousand I'm sure. It could be even more if Toady would let a small team of people who care about the game help him out with menial stuff, progress would come a lot faster and he would still have the final say so it would be under his total control in the end. I see so much potential in Dwarf Fortress if it was just opened up a little bit.
You're going to get murdered for this suggestion so let me stop you here. Toady is fiercly independant, and he won't compromise his vision for anything. Seriously, he was offered a huge amount of money in exchange for having to use a team of programmers, did not do it. My Idea is we atach his brain to a machine that will allow him to continue to work after he dies.

Also, people, the guy trying to close this thread has been banned, so please continue your insanity.

Now, If we don't go with test-tubers, A recrutiment program is inevitable. I'm worried about doing this, as it migth dilute the insanity prevalent here, but If we have a screening program we could bypass this. "play DF for a week", and we see what happens. How long does it take to indoctrinate teach people about the DF world? I suppose its different for everyone.

EDIT: is that what he was talking about?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LightlySpartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2012, 07:47:26 pm »

Figured that was how it is. Oh well it'll be like waiting on GRRM to finish ASOIAF haha.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »

Also, people, the guy trying to close this thread has been banned, so please continue your insanity.

Banned or minecart railcannonned?

• find breedable female
  • knock out said female
  • ?
  • BABY PROFIT!!
That sounds suspiciously illegal in most places, and very similar to a post that might bring the wrath of the great one down upon us all.

But is it illegal on Mars? Probably not, but it would likely ruin any chances we have at opening the colony up to tourism.

As for the test tube baby thing NO MORE. I vote for the Caveman approach again and because my post with the detailed and brilliantly laid out plan just puffed out of existence..

In all seriousness, though. I am deeply offended that you would forsake our future test tube children before they even have the opportunity to come into existence. That's the sort of stuff that will have them rebelling against us before we can even send off our first batch of them to explore other planets. Along with possibly give them some pretty bad daddy issues. Is that what you want, Urist?

After reviewing the material from a many different universes about any Eugenics or testtube babies all I have to say to that is

I DONT WANT ANOTHER TEST TUBE BABY SAYING "WE'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU!!

That is all.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2012, 10:47:16 pm »

Isnt it us saying we dont want test-tube babies and arguing if we should or shouldent? That sounds like the opposite of what your saying, I would imagine a Test-tube baby being mocked for being a tt baby, now feeling pround for it.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2012, 03:06:17 am »

They're our test-tube babies, and we'll love them and groom them and give them body armour...

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2012, 10:26:55 am »

I think I would even go out of my way, To acquire some steel to make those things happy..er.

Steel studded crystal class tubes anyone?
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2012, 12:15:15 pm »

Genius! That way, we could also get a nice happy thought boost while we watch them develop.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

"misko27 has been ecstatic recently. He was attacked by martians recently. He took joy in slaughter recently. He watched his test-tube children grow recently. He was happy to have a great test-tube for his children recently. He watched someone get beaten with a ban hammer recently. He dined in a legendary dining room recently. He was caught in a dust storm recently. He took pride in !!SCIENCE!! recently."

Bay12er: A medium-sized creature fond of !!SCIENCE!! and !!FUN!!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2012, 04:57:06 am »

Away from the test tube babies

If we're going to get ANYWHERE in terms of down, we'll most likely need some way of pumping air into the surroundings, or oxygen tanks, in the case of a cavern of some kind.

Not to mention, what will we mine with? I say we shoot the rocks until they die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2012, 05:12:50 am »

Well if we have the tech to colonize everywhere by then, we should have the tech to mine with PLASSMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA(gma)

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2012, 06:06:12 am »

So.. A pick that sprays rock eating acid or something?.. It makes sense that dwarfs have those.. How else would they mine that fast, and that much at a time.
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2012, 06:25:57 am »

So.. A pick that sprays rock eating acid or something?.. It makes sense that dwarfs have those.. How else would they mine that fast, and that much at a time.
Well we could feasibly make a large scale iron mining operation using electricity and acid. It'd be just splendid.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2012, 11:20:43 pm »

Ah, so this is the derailed thread people were talking about.

Anyway, skip the test tube babies and create a giant cerebral mass that can grow and pre-program brains and decant them into printed perfect bodies, that way we can just keep growing a few brain colonies full of nice approved baby worker thoughts and put them into appropriate roles at any time.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:57 am »

I propose King DZA change his name to Lord of the Derails.

Or at least get a medal holy shit.

Anyway, why don't we just use that genetic modification technology whatsitmajiger to make 50% of test tube babies breath CO2 and the other 50% breath oxygen. Who needs plants anyway?

If we can smith our babies like we can smith our steel, then space cannot stop us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2012, 01:07:55 am »

nyway, why don't we just use that genetic modification technology whatsitmajiger to make 50% of test tube babies breath CO2 and the other 50% breath oxygen. Who needs plants anyway?
The CO2 babies would be very slow. Probably would die too. Dying's also a bad thing :P
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 192