Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 319287 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2012, 04:19:09 pm »

Surprisingly I'd rather not accidentally create a race of sentient space lizards.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2012, 04:21:20 pm »

<--

What's wrong with sentient space lizards?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2012, 04:24:24 pm »

I either call being our ambassador, since I feel I am the only one capable of communicating with otherworldly life without starting a war within the first ten seconds. Or Work Overseer, to make sure everyone else is doing their jobs.

I'd also settle for head priest of our religious sector (should we develop one). Because, you know, Mars space cult.
^I was gonna add you as self-proclaimed leader to my original post but I changed my mind as I wanted to see your genuine response. Didn't let me down :P ^

Ruler of all things ruleable.
However is bay12 considered ruleable? ;)

'Course it is, just like most everything else. Most people have just been ruled for so long that it has become integrated into their lives to the point that they now fail notice it.

Which reminds me, I'd also be happy to take up the role of the colony's lead philosopher.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2012, 04:27:53 pm »

<--

What's wrong with sentient space lizards?

Ever seen the movie alien?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2012, 04:30:00 pm »

Surprisingly I'd rather not accidentally create a race of sentient space lizards.
"Accident"? Whats up with that? I'm purposeful here. Besides, we don't need to give them sentience, but it would help. But you know, if you got problems with that for some strange reason, just let me know and I'll strip them of their sapience. Wait, sentience refers to aniamls, sapience refers to civilization.

Philosospy is too ethreal for me, I'm a more down to earth persom. Just leave me on mars with my team of horror creating genitics and I'm good.

EDIT: No, but I have seen Jurrassic park. Sapience is required to prevent them from being to hard to control.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2012, 04:33:17 pm »

Mars has a shelf life of 10million years btw

And no seriously, making space lizards in space will only ever go wrong :|

Space bees... Sure, but lizards is just too far.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 04, 2012, 04:41:20 pm »

But my point is their Sentient. They are just like you and me, just genetically modified to inject powerful paralyzing and necrotising poison in close combat. Maybe I could add something to help them use rifles...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

Bah, so much hate for our scaled friends just because a few devoured faces.

I'm pretty sure we can mine phobos into non-existence in less than 10 million years, so it probably wouldn't be an issue.  Still we should probably get on that as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

I thought we should put a giant defense platform on phobos. Mine it all out too.

Besides, in ten million years, We will have already expanded across the universe as a horrible evil annhialting enemy that is the star antagonist of the story called life.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2012, 04:59:59 pm »

10 million years from now the mars babies will curse this day. Or not, you never know.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

as a space hemp farmer , the only thing i can trust is space lizards , while i will be in the breeding program , the lizards will patrol my farm and paralyze anyone who will decide to try my precious , precious hemps . after that the lizards will bring the paralyzed corpse to me (to fertilize the land with it) or eat the corpse .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »

as a space hemp farmer , the only thing i can trust is space lizards , while i will be in the breeding program , the lizards will patrol my farm and paralyze anyone who will decide to try my precious , precious hemps . after that the lizards will bring the paralyzed corpse to me (to fertilize the land with it) or eat the corpse .

And I will be the guy that you come to complaining about "little dog things keep stealing my crop!" every two days.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »

And I will be the guy that you come to complaining about "little dog things keep stealing my crop!" every two days.
and you would be asking "where did you get that kobold leather cloak and kobold brain roast".
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:13:14 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

and you would be asking "where did you get that kobold egg biscuit and kobold brain roast".
And I will be the guy wondering whether he can splice the taste of kobold meat onto a bird

Speaking of which, after earth falls, whats our next step?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2012, 05:18:28 pm »

the universe .
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 192