Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 324200 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 12:53:12 pm »

1. Kill all the martians.
2. Use their special martian bacteria to make supermarsbooze from their decomposing corpses.
3. ? ? ?
4. Profit!
MAybe We could engineer the martians into some sort of primitive, booze based blob that eats rotten corpses, and then stick a tap onto the side of this creature. THEN, we coul dride said creature as mounts of war, and have a refreshing drink mid-battle, reducing ineffectiveness due to people running off to drink.

Why not engineer them to be all female humanoid [MILKABLE] martians?

Yeah I know.. I'm single and a virgin.. so sue me..

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 01:19:45 pm »

We obviously need to genetically engineer mermaids to chain up and use as living incubators.

Oh no you don't. I'm not having any hypothetical test tube baby of mine grow up as some half-aquatic martian freak. I say we use crundles.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 02:38:52 pm »

2. Use their special martian bacteria to make supermarsbooze from their decomposing corpses.
3. ? ? ?
4. Profit!
MAybe We could engineer the martians into some sort of primitive, booze based blob that eats rotten corpses, and then stick a tap onto the side of this creature. THEN, we coul dride said creature as mounts of war, and have a refreshing drink mid-battle, reducing ineffectiveness due to people running off to drink.

Why not engineer them to be all female humanoid [MILKABLE] martians?

Yeah I know.. I'm single and a virgin.. so sue me..
'I'm single and a virgin too, I think no such dirty thoughts. umm, :-[, I don't tell people such dirty thoughts.

I still like the idea of my booze-blob war mounts. Could we give them tusks? Should I force someone to mod this in?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2012, 03:44:57 pm »

3. ? ? ?
4. Profit!
I come into this thread expecting a discussion about how many people play DF. And this is what I see.

I love you Bay12, never change.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2012, 03:51:31 pm »

Hmmm.... Invading mars doesn't seem too terribly original. What if we invade the moon? I know, not that much better and we wouldn't be the first. But we could dig deeper into the moon, and once the stone jar babies have matured, we could invade a much better alien planet
-Earth.

(Because by then we'd be aliens. We could even abduct people in highly improbable situations just to screw with people).

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2012, 04:12:20 pm »

I am still firmly against the idea of jar babies. I simply cannot allow my ethical standards to sink that low.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 05:13:25 pm »

I am still firmly against the idea of jar babies. I simply cannot allow my ethical standards to sink that low.
But you liked Jurrasic park right? Same principle.

Hmmm.... Invading mars doesn't seem too terribly original. What if we invade the moon? I know, not that much better and we wouldn't be the first. But we could dig deeper into the moon, and once the stone jar babies have matured, we could invade a much better alien planet
-Earth.

(Because by then we'd be aliens. We could even abduct people in highly improbable situations just to screw with people).
But the moon has no Magma! What would we do then huh? What Would We Do Then!?! Besides the moon strikes me as similar to a glaciar embark. No heat, no life. Wikipedia alerts me of large amounts of olivine and nickel-alloyed iron. If we dig down we'll only hit SMR.

Mars has life forms, which we can exploit. It also has huge amounts of olivine, as well as deposits of hematite. It is igneous, and has aluminum(!). Less common is chromium, titantuim, calcium, etc. It is twice as abundant in iron as Earth. It has huge wide canyons and Massive volcanos.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2012, 05:29:43 pm »

But you liked Jurrasic park right? Same principle.

-Earth.

But the moon has no Magma! What would we do then huh? What Would We Do Then!?! Besides the moon strikes me as similar to a glaciar embark. No heat, no life. Wikipedia alerts me of large amounts of olivine and nickel-alloyed iron. If we dig down we'll only hit SMR.

Mars has life forms, which we can exploit. It also has huge amounts of olivine, as well as deposits of hematite. It is igneous, and has aluminum(!). Less common is chromium, titantuim, calcium, etc. It is twice as abundant in iron as Earth. It has huge wide canyons and Massive volcanos.
And if you're planning on doing any brewing I assume Mars-ice-water might come in quite handy.
In a society somewhat based on dwarven culture alcohol naturally becomes the first priority.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2012, 07:18:14 pm »

Fine. Large stone pot babies.

But the moon has no Magma! What would we do then huh? What Would We Do Then!?!
Invade Earth with the moon.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2012, 12:55:21 pm »

Screw the moon, Mars has a shitton of volcanos, plus snow (yayz) and Venus has tonic gas. The moon has..... rock. Now, i know how deadly a well-aimed rock can be, but id much rather have magma.

Also, why you guys be dissing Test-tube babies? What if your actuly one and you dont even know? Mind=blown
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2012, 03:25:59 pm »

Also, why you guys be dissing Test-tube babies? What if your actuly one and you dont even know? Mind=blown

I'm sorry but, Dwarf Fortress have blown my mind so many times that i'm pretty numb to that kind of revelations.

Besides, it's no surprise since The Matrix.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2012, 03:43:43 pm »

WHat did you have in mind? I'm partial to switching peoples genders, but their could be fun alternatives. We could make obama and romney women! Or, we could Tell them he secret to immortality is consuming large amounts of pee.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2012, 04:04:47 pm »

I am unsure of whether or not that's an improvement...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2012, 04:25:28 pm »

Screw the moon, Mars has a shitton of volcanos, plus snow (yayz) and Venus has tonic gas. The moon has..... rock. Now, i know how deadly a well-aimed rock can be, but id much rather have magma.
It's the resource cost. We'd lose many along the way and to the planets themselves. I don't trust planets closer to the sun than Earth. Venus is the HFS magnified.
Taking over a satellite... One like Titan or Io. Those ones are the ones that would pay off in the long run, and'd be perfect cloning grounds for the large stone pot babies.

I am unsure of whether or not that's an improvement...
It is if we make some out of Pitcheblende.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2012, 06:29:33 pm »

If you have a moon in mind, which would be the best? Someone is going to have to do some reaserch. I have heard that Titan is a possibility on the old discovery channels, but, to be fair, Saturn is pretty far away, and we would have to get though the astroid belt, which would, in turn, be a massive pain in the ass, but is it enough to rule out a major moon of Jupiter like Io, or even Europa or Ganymede, or the major moons of Saturn, like Titan, or even Iapetus? We cant just do this blind, someone has to find a good place to go before we can worry about things like how we are going to populate when we get there!

Also, best derail evar :P
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 192