Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 321578 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:47 am »

Close this thread, please.

Stop having fun guys!  >:(
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:45 am »

Close this thread, please.
We need to bring the thread closer?

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2012, 01:19:05 am »

Closer to the goal my friend..

We need to get more people from the space agency's to play Dwarf Fortress, That way they would understand our goals a bit better.

Or bring them to this thread.
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2012, 12:43:32 pm »

Close this thread.... WE JUST GOT STARTED!!!

As for the test tube baby thing NO MORE. I vote for the Caveman approach again and because my post with the detailed and brilliantly laid out plan just puffed out of existence..

Anyways first develop the areas to live in so we dont look like Arny from Total Recall on the Martian surface, or have the glitch where we are constantly strangled to the end of time. So for weapons I vote for O.M. Mega Magma cannon... Kill off the high pop countries first..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:32:52 pm by Urist McUrist the -Fourth »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »

• find breedable female
  • knock out said female
  • ?
  • BABY PROFIT!!
That sounds suspiciously illegal in most places, and very similar to a post that might bring the wrath of the great one down upon us all.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »

• find breedable female
  • knock out said female
  • ?
  • BABY PROFIT!!
That sounds suspiciously illegal in most places, and very similar to a post that might bring the wrath of the great one down upon us all.

Agreed. This is something we should steer away from. And you made Toady sound like a deity right there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2012, 01:32:17 pm »

What we need to do is find out the chemical structure of adamantine. Then we can make can be the HFS.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

What we need to do is find out the chemical structure of adamantine. Then we can make can be the HFS.
Adamantine doesn't have a solid chemical structure. it's made from solid awesome.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2012, 01:36:55 pm »

Better yet, find a planet without Adamantine but without HFS...... The universe is a big place, anything is possible, for all we know, Mars could have Adamantine, we dont know :0. No one has ever dug that deep on mars, have they? HAVE THEY? We need to do some !!SCIENCE!! i think.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

• find breedable female
  • knock out said female
  • ?
  • BABY PROFIT!!

But is it illegal on Mars? Probably not, but it would likely ruin any chances we have at opening the colony up to tourism.

As for the test tube baby thing NO MORE. I vote for the Caveman approach again and because my post with the detailed and brilliantly laid out plan just puffed out of existence..

In all seriousness, though. I am deeply offended that you would forsake our future test tube children before they even have the opportunity to come into existence. That's the sort of stuff that will have them rebelling against us before we can even send off our first batch of them to explore other planets. Along with possibly give them some pretty bad daddy issues. Is that what you want, Urist?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2012, 04:36:19 pm »

Set up a poll here about test-tube babies. I'm now in favor, if only to solve the location debate. Send them off to places to fill up places with fewer forumites there, i.e. space-station. Otherwise we'll have a bunch of half-assed bases everywhere and no strong centralized government.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »

Set up a poll here about test-tube babies. I'm now in favor, if only to solve the location debate. Send them off to places to fill up places with fewer forumites there, i.e. space-station. Otherwise we'll have a bunch of half-assed bases everywhere and no strong centralized government.

Sounds like a well-used world in DF.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2012, 04:56:54 pm »

But... The exact opposite of a good dwarven fort. Do I care if people want a larger cheese industry? No! Don't want a temple to Armok? Too fricking bad.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LightlySpartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2012, 07:15:25 pm »

Thousand I'm sure. It could be even more if Toady would let a small team of people who care about the game help him out with menial stuff, progress would come a lot faster and he would still have the final say so it would be under his total control in the end. I see so much potential in Dwarf Fortress if it was just opened up a little bit.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »

Thousand I'm sure. It could be even more if Toady would let a small team of people who care about the game help him out with menial stuff, progress would come a lot faster and he would still have the final say so it would be under his total control in the end. I see so much potential in Dwarf Fortress if it was just opened up a little bit.
It took me more then a minute to realise that this guy was talkin 'bout op's question and not testtubebabies n' earth-invasions. :P
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 192