Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 322483 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2012, 08:36:34 am »

Isnt it us saying we dont want test-tube babies and arguing if we should or shouldent? That sounds like the opposite of what your saying, I would imagine a Test-tube baby being mocked for being a tt baby, now feeling pround for it.

I argue we shouldn't... If anyone remembers Space Above and Beyond with their tt babies. Then there's Exo squad with some more of the tt babies going against their creators so I say on the basis of a loyalty cascade no TT babies.

Also for mining and refining I would go the approach of Nano Machines. We have to be dwarfy about this!! Make machines so small that we cant see them and make them do the menial tasks while we have parties next to the masterfully engraved walls of Slowpokez. While farming well just find a bit of dirt like substance and just designate a farm on it and we're good.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2012, 09:11:33 am »

Idea!
Make them fotosynthesize!
And not the boring plant fotosynthesize, i'm talking BACTERIA FOTOSYNTHESIZE!
(wich is alot more efficient than the kind plants do)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2012, 10:14:28 am »

Anyway, why don't we just use that genetic modification technology whatsitmajiger to make 50% of test tube babies breath CO2 and the other 50% breath oxygen. Who needs plants anyway?

"Bay12 - reinventing basic stuff since 2006."
Now we add plants to the list.
If the abuse of genetically engineered babies somehow goes aginst your moral standards you'll have to take it up with the science department. * subtly hints towards Misko*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:16:17 am by slowpokez »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2012, 10:15:40 am »

A good dose of love gets you very far.
But still, that is just wrong.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2012, 12:46:22 pm »

I am slightly worried by the pulsating grey mass where the plant baby's brain should be.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17:27 pm »

Anyway, why don't we just use that genetic modification technology whatsitmajiger to make 50% of test tube babies breath CO2 and the other 50% breath oxygen. Who needs plants anyway?
-snip-
"Bay12 - reinventing basic stuff since 2006."
Now we add plants to the list.
If the abuse of genetically engineered babies somehow goes aginst your moral standards you'll have to take it up with the science department. * subtly hints towards Misko*
Dirt, love, Water, suger, spice, and everything stupid, with a splash of cocaine, creates......... the DWARF (duh duh duhhhhh)
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2012, 01:20:02 pm »

With the fotosynthezation i ment giving normal people those traits. Like, give people hair that feeds them.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2012, 01:35:00 pm »

Dirt, love, Water, suger, spice, and everything stupid, with a splash of cocaine, creates......... the DWARF (duh duh duhhhhh)
You can't skip the ethanol! That's the main ingredient ::).

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2012, 01:36:50 pm »

I propose King DZA change his name to Lord of the Derails.

At least this time it didn't result from someone challenging my rule. Into the sig with this.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

Wow, that picture is a complete abandonment of all logic and reason. I approve.

Yes, unfortunately the prime reason in the move towards oxygen is CO2 is freaking slow. However, the idea of genetic hybrid humans capable of both photosynthesis and animal respiration is appealing. Perhaps this is how DF animals feed? I suppose we could create a auxilliary organ, much like the dwarven beard, that could take in nutrients and store them through the hard months. The only difficulty being the cellular differences between man and plant.

Does anyone know of the martian atmosphere? Because we could create a secondary race of Test-tubes whose beards live off of the martian atmosphere, allowing them to work outside, at least for a time, allowing a race of outside workers.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »

One of the main problem is that Chloroplasts cannot simply be inserted into animal cells, as some of their genetic functions have been moved to the nucleus.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:22 pm »

CURSE YOU NUCLEUS, YOU HAVE FOILED MY PLANS YET AGAIN!!!

Well then how about a parasite then? It could do the same thing, and we could make it removable. Hell, we could make an entire organic bodysuit that produces oxygen from the enviroment.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:35:34 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2012, 07:31:54 pm »

I propose they behave something like this.

And hell, while we're at it make them glow in the dark too so that they can't escape emigrate from our oppressive slave labor camps playgrounds, well, at night at least.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:33:45 pm by darkrider2 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:19 pm »

There's a few kinds of worms that survive entirely off of photosynthesis from symbiotic bacteria.
If we're modifying our future test-tube babies, what else will we add?

I'm working on plans for a big space station that we could stick somewhere and use to train up a bunch of soldiers. Gravity ranging from 0.95 G to around 1.2 G in the main ring, and a gym that goes up to 2 G varying by floor. With that kind of environment, we'll have a good start with breeding stronger, tougher, and probably shorter people to fill our military.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2012, 09:31:07 pm »

One of the main problem is that Chloroplasts cannot simply be inserted into animal cells, as some of their genetic functions have been moved to the nucleus.

And so, we shall move them back.  With SCIENCE!
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 192