Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 319292 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2012, 09:18:47 pm »

That would be difficult. However, burning their bodies would be a great fuel source. Would we need priests for soul harvesting?

My plan is to take babies from the Terrans for a while, gobbo-style, then brainwash them as our new citizens. First-generation converts are slaves, or in menial positions, 2nd are higher up but still below the ctizenry, 3rd and up are full citizens.

Yeah, we are kinda in a terrible posotoipn for dwaling with earth. I say we turn the rest of earth into a giant post-apocalyptic third-world country, and take what we need and slowly expand across the globe.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2012, 11:25:12 pm »

For the Matrix idea, that's just after we take over the planet and some people are unhappy with our reign. Instead of having to contend with their unrest and tantrum spirals, just pop them in the Matrix of their own free will. They get to live in a world without us, and we get the planet AND the meagre amount of eleticity from their meatsacks. Hell, if we get to the level of technology we're talking about in this thread, we could build a virtual reality simulator (based on DF, of course) that each person could modify parameters in to create their own perfect world. That would also boost our science accelleration rate, since our scientists could test ideas in the virtual world like in Einstieinian Roulette, if anyone's familiar with that. But that's long-term.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2012, 12:21:27 am »

Posting to watch this derailed train sprout a rocket engine and take off to the stars like a sim city arcoology.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2012, 12:42:44 am »

Posting to watch this derailed train sprout a rocket engine and take off to the stars like a sim city arcoology.
Well put.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2012, 02:07:49 am »

The last time I encountered someone using a virtual reality shaped to their will, they were repeatedly terrorizing the other inhabitants and had been at it for over 200 years. Makes me wary of trying to use something like that for scientific advancement.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2012, 02:22:07 am »

Still, think of it! In the virtual world, there would be no cost to our mistakes! We'd just generate new materials, and so much time would be saved that our rate of technological advancement would multiply by (insert large number here!)
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:53 am »

We don't exactly want to create spehss skynet though.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2012, 03:30:02 am »

I swear, Toady is going to see this eventually and think we are drunk & insane.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2012, 03:30:33 am »

You say that like he doesnt know that already.
This is a blank sig.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2012, 03:33:40 am »

That's assuming we can create an accurate simulation capable of extrapolating the results of situations it wasn't specifically programmed to simulate. I have no experience in doing such a thing, so I can't say for sure how difficult it is to achieve, and I imagine it would be rather challenging. The program would need massive amounts of storage and extremely rapid calculation capabilities. If we could develop a suitable interface, I suppose we could use organic materials... Anyone up for building a computer out of a bunch of brains in jars?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2012, 03:36:31 am »

Aperture Science! HMRC! Cyberdyne! ASSEMBLE!
Sig! Onol

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2012, 09:46:56 am »

I don't know about the matrix idea guys. That would cost alot of resources, especially early on. I think we should just go to earth, take what we need when we need it, set up long term resource collection bases, and ignore the rest of the humans. And besides, dwarfs are never one to deal with prisoners by making their lives bearable.

If we do the abduction thing, we should prioritize female babies, in order to fix our reproduction problems for the second generation at least (which will consist of clones).

I like the idea of the giant mass of connected brains, but it should be seperate fron the rest of our empire to prevent robot takeovers. Maybe a isolated asteroid base called the BRAIN Institute?

I wonder what toady thinks of this thread?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2012, 10:54:04 am »

If we do the abduction thing, we should prioritize female babies, in order to fix our reproduction problems for the second generation at least (which will consist of clones).
Oh that's a good idea. Then we get the benefits of mutations AND clones!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2012, 12:03:46 pm »

Guys, a simulation program? We have one of the most advanced (current) simulation devices in existence already, and it can be downloaded for free from this site. And as a bonus it gets confused for the matrix by people who don't know what it is.

But lets get real here, test tube babies, Earth invasions, Earth abductions, pocket dimension simulators, converting souls into pure energy, genetically spliced chlorophyll induced slug-people, slave mines? This isn't a space program for dwarves, this is how the HFS colonizes space.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2012, 12:17:59 pm »

Hey, at least I was against jar babies. All of my input thus far has been perfectly echical.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 192