Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 319295 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

• find breedable female
  • knock out said female
  • ?
  • BABY PROFIT!!
That sounds suspiciously illegal in most places, and very similar to a post that might bring the wrath of the great one down upon us all.

But is it illegal on Mars? Probably not, but it would likely ruin any chances we have at opening the colony up to tourism.

As for the test tube baby thing NO MORE. I vote for the Caveman approach again and because my post with the detailed and brilliantly laid out plan just puffed out of existence..

In all seriousness, though. I am deeply offended that you would forsake our future test tube children before they even have the opportunity to come into existence. That's the sort of stuff that will have them rebelling against us before we can even send off our first batch of them to explore other planets. Along with possibly give them some pretty bad daddy issues. Is that what you want, Urist?
I suppose that DZA was someone else then. No one, especially not me, who has contributed to this thread can claim ethics. God forbid some here runs for office and gets linked to this thread. 

And thats brilliant rider. We can, instead of putting them in the matrix, put them all into DF! Those who in the world show exceptional skill will be released as converts.

HFS? We're way worse then those push overs.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2012, 01:41:35 pm »

I DON'T LIKE THIS

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2012, 01:55:31 pm »

I DON'T LIKE THIS
It's too late
THOU SHALT LOVE THE BAY12
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »

WE'RE BETTER THAN THE HFS GUYS

DON'T SUCCUMB TO THE...

&

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »

OH GOD A TENTACLE DEMON! HIDE YOUR JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRLS!     

私がおびえている

Yes I totally just threw in a crappy internet translation.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »

OH GOD A TENTACLE DEMON! HIDE YOUR JAPANESE SCHOOLGIRLS!     

私がおびえている
BAN THIS SICK FILTH

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2012, 02:21:20 pm »

• find breedable female
  • knock out said female
  • ?
  • BABY PROFIT!!
That sounds suspiciously illegal in most places, and very similar to a post that might bring the wrath of the great one down upon us all.

But is it illegal on Mars? Probably not, but it would likely ruin any chances we have at opening the colony up to tourism.

As for the test tube baby thing NO MORE. I vote for the Caveman approach again and because my post with the detailed and brilliantly laid out plan just puffed out of existence..

In all seriousness, though. I am deeply offended that you would forsake our future test tube children before they even have the opportunity to come into existence. That's the sort of stuff that will have them rebelling against us before we can even send off our first batch of them to explore other planets. Along with possibly give them some pretty bad daddy issues. Is that what you want, Urist?
I suppose that DZA was someone else then.

I see nothing unethical about any of that whatsoever. I was simply stating the fact that Mars is currently devoid of any formal laws. And that certain actions, though not specifically illegal on Mars, would damage possible tourism opportunities.

In the other part of my post, all I did was valiantly oppose the mental scarring that our future test-tube-created descendants might suffer from being forsaken by their creators.

I support this colonization effort, but I am guilty of no unethical behavior. For I am immaculately righteous by nature.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2012, 03:07:53 pm »

As for the moon plan and such, the low gravity is not a problem unless we plan on returning. Certainly, since we can merge animal and such cells, we can certainly modify the relevant to stimulate bone and muscle growth and such. (Also, since the moon's gravity is so much lower, it takes away some Earthly problems, like height restrictions, or not being able to strip on wings and fly*.)

*Provided we give the moon an athmosphere.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:48 pm »

*Provided we give the moon an athmosphere.
Pfft, we play Dwarf Fortress, giving the moon an atmosphere is nothing for us!
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

I seem to recall a tv show once where some dude hung some wires from a bridge, and went underneath the bridge with some homemade wings, and had buddies up above had a system that had the wires simulate lower gravity to the guy below who had plenty of room to move about.

If I recall he got airborne pretty easily under moon gravity, and also got airborne on mars gravity.  So we would totally have a new extreme sport.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »

I seem to recall a tv show once where some dude hung some wires from a bridge, and went underneath the bridge with some homemade wings, and had buddies up above had a system that had the wires simulate lower gravity to the guy below who had plenty of room to move about.

If I recall he got airborne pretty easily under moon gravity, and also got airborne on mars gravity.  So we would totally have a new extreme sport.

Can I make them please? Also, none of us have asked the dwarfy questions.
1. What rocks and ores will we have, and how much?
2. Who shall be actively doing the nessesary work, like farming?
3. Do we really need to war with Earth? They might have materials we don't have access to and the way we are going about this, there won't be any Earth left once we are done.
4. What about the members of our society that have non-dwarvish traits, like an aversion to alcohol, claustrophobia, or commom sense?
5. What will go on the acceptable mandates list?
There are other important questions to think about besides +pitchblende rock pot+ babies.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2012, 07:08:07 pm »

Maybe a isolated asteroid base called the BRAIN Institute?

Better yet, the celestial body should be composed of brain tissue, encased in reinforced concrete (with, of course, the mandatory support structures). The entire 'asteroid' would be capable of thought. Then we just hook the expendable components in via surface facilities.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know XKCD had a comic like that. Ended when Black Hat Guy aimed a high-powered light at the guy's wings to melt the hot glue. If we can take anything from that, I think it should be that we should ensure any such equipment we construct should have heat-resistant adhesives.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:11:12 pm by Keldane »
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #267 on: August 03, 2012, 07:12:07 pm »

Can I make them please? Also, none of us have asked the dwarfy questions.
1. What rocks and ores will we have, and how much?
2. Who shall be actively doing the nessesary work, like farming?
3. Do we really need to war with Earth? They might have materials we don't have access to and the way we are going about this, there won't be any Earth left once we are done.
4. What about the members of our society that have non-dwarvish traits, like an aversion to alcohol, claustrophobia, or commom sense?
5. What will go on the acceptable mandates list?
There are other important questions to think about besides +pitchblende rock pot+ babies.

1- Probably: copper, chromium, iron, nickel, lead, silver, tin, bismuth, antimony, niobium, lanthanum, neodymium, europium, gold, mercury, zinc, tungsten etc. No signs of adamantine yet.
But surely: Magnesium, Aluminium, Titanium, Iron, Chromium, lithium, cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, niobium, molybdenum, lanthanum, europium, tungsten, and gold.

Good news- A shit ton of our favorite ore: Hematite!. Also gold for DZA's pants.

2- Clones that have been genetically optimised for their particular labor. And the guy who keeps saying that Mars needs a carpenter.

3- No fun weaponizing everything if you got noone to use it on. Could use clones here but that's just cruel.

4-How tha fck would they get into the b12-society in the first place if they got anything resembling "common sense"!? If you're not a drinker...well, we've already suggested that'd we'd bring "hemp" along. The claustrophobic guys can hang out in the legendary dining room...always.

5-Let the sky be the limit.

Man, I'm good at this shit. If could run this project m'self :3

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2012, 07:16:01 pm »

Low gravity sports. I don't know, watching sports isn't doing work, so the efficiency might drop.

But if we make it fight-to-the-death-style low gravity sports for criminals/attempted escapes, then I could totally see it. And hey, free souls for the energy converter.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 03, 2012, 07:20:34 pm »

Low gravity sports. I don't know, watching sports isn't doing work, so the efficiency might drop.

But if we make it fight-to-the-death-style low gravity sports for criminals/attempted escapes, then I could totally see it. And hey, free souls for the energy converter.

Train our athletes to fly with their arms and wield knives with their feet?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 192