Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 319223 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #330 on: August 04, 2012, 05:18:51 pm »

I vote pluto, all this stuff about it not being a real planet is probably just propaganda implanted into humans by plutonians who want to look like less of a threat.   

We can ambush them from mars when they bring their attack fleets to wasteland earth and wipe out their entire army in one surprise attack.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 04, 2012, 05:21:31 pm »

I vote pluto, all this stuff about it not being a real planet is probably just propaganda implanted into humans by plutonians who want to look like less of a threat.   

We can ambush them from mars when they bring their attack fleets to wasteland earth and wipe out their entire army in one surprise attack.
or we could use human tactics and backstab them while they are sleeping .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2012, 05:36:47 pm »

or we could use human tactics and backstab them while they are sleeping .
Or we could Dwarven tactics and pour magma on pluto.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2012, 06:49:25 pm »

sigh... :-\
I made an animation of all the latest stuff over here but gimp died on me :'(, you'll have to try and picture in your mind instead. It mainly involved the guys from b12's "hemp"-industrie attempting to help out at the science department.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »

I'm not entirely sure why we have a hemp industry, but I assume it is to prevent rebellion. As directer of DEEPER, I imagine I hold a very strong position in society. Well, theonly problem with magmaing pluto is the lack of recoverable DNA.

So, Right Now, DEEPER is making:
1. Tusked corpse eating booze-blobs with taps on the side that we ride.
2. Some sort of sea-slug animal-plant hybrid parasite used as space mask for converting martian atmosphere.
3. Humanesque Serpent men which form the back of our infantry with a Nasty Poisonous bite.
4. Martian Hemp.
5. Parasites that start as spores, enter the cranial cavity somehow, attach them selves to the brain stem, leech brain electricity and nutrients to grow, suck out the soul of the used (if possible), burrow out the skull, detach and wait to be harvested.
6. Kobold minions.
7. Clones until the success of abduction of female children from earth and ensuing endoctrination (Note: Eugenics may apply here, but not as in murder, but in cloning of valuable traits through the generations (i.e. Insanity)).

Now, what am I missing? And should we get a seperate place to store all our plans? I know that Greatwyrmgold had what I thought was a wonderful plan to spread out our early empire.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »

Okay someone suggested pluto, I was originally under the impression we were limited to planets that we could actually reach in reasonable time.

But if we're not limited I suggest titan, I mean. Its a pretty dwarfy moon when you get down too it. Lakes made of fuel, loads of volcanoes, I mean it wouldn't be magma volcanoes but hey, throwing a guy in would still kill him.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »

I just discovered flaws with our plans:

We need oxygen to survive, we need water to survive, we need a SPACESHIP.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:30:00 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »

* Armok has mandated the construction of a mermaid bone spaceship.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »

Uh, well, clearly. Thats why I earlier suggested abusement of the chineses desire of a space program, where we could then decalre independance, and use the international communities dislike of horrrible massacres to keep us alive. That, or we use our combined resources to buy materials.

We didn't suggest that we settle pluto, we suggested we destroy pluto. Pay attention.

If we're making a spaceship. someone start selling merchandise to boost cash possibities. I still like the idea of co-opting some unwitting but rich organization with designs of space control, then backstab them!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2012, 07:52:05 pm »

Clones until the success of abduction of female children from earth and ensuing endoctrination (Note: Eugenics may apply here, but not as in murder, but in cloning of valuable traits through the generations (i.e. Insanity)).

Why only female children? That would force the entire generation to breed only with older and likely less fertile generations. And I think now we're going in circles, as the whole point of test tube babies was to deal with population problems in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:45:07 pm by King DZA »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2012, 08:03:34 pm »

My intention is increasing the female population in order to decrease our dependance on cloning. Besides, I like sex, and this way I will have sex, so is good strategy. The need for females is that makes it possible to create a coupling of both non-bay12ers, with sane children, therefore rebellion could be started. Control must be absolute my friend. We here have a chance to create a pure society, unburdened by such things as sanity, morality, bigotry, ethics. We don't won't this to become yet another outpost of sanity in this world, do we?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 04, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »

My intention is increasing the female population in order to decrease our dependance on cloning. Besides, I like sex, and this way I will have sex, so is good strategy. The need for females is that makes it possible to create a coupling of both non-bay12ers, with sane children, therefore rebellion could be started. Control must be absolute my friend. We here have a chance to create a pure society, unburdened by such things as sanity, morality, bigotry, ethics. We don't won't this to become yet another outpost of sanity in this world, do we?

I wasn't gonna have kids anyway.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2012, 08:18:20 pm »

Dear God, don't tell me your reasoning is being corrupted by personal pursuits of pleasure before we even get off the damn planet! Alright, time to reorganize our population strategy:

1) Somehow obtain storage of eggs+sperm before embark. Perhaps through the robbing of sperm banks and some less-than-legal surgical practices.

2) Grow test tube babies on planet of colonization.

3) Breed progressively better descendants through the use of eugenics.

4) Use the souls of undesirables to power our technology.

And of course, I mean all of that in the most ethical way possible.

EDIT: Oh, and the molding of mindsets can be done by teaching them to follow strict Mars space cult ideals from a young age. Severly reducing chances of any rebellion.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:27:55 pm by King DZA »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2012, 08:38:51 pm »

My god. I fly to virginia when this thread is talking about DF demographics, I come back, and we're talking about going to space, and I approve. I have a few ideas to put out:

Location, Location, Location: I think it was the general concensus that mars wouldn't be optimal due to it's location, but would be great in terms of natural resources. I, though, don't think that the former statement is necessarily the case. Why?:

Anyone with an understanding of orbital dynamics knows that, if you have time to wait, you can get things off of mars and to earth relatively easily. You might also know that cheap dense things can do excessive damage upon re-entry. Also, there is tons of space junk floating in earth orbit that can be qualified as-

[Jesus. This is epic. Flying parallel with a thunderhead at 40,000 feet. You can see all the lightning from a safe perspective. Very amazing view.]

- dangerous if it re-enters in the right path. It boils down to the fact that we can assault earth with gravity.

We'll have tons of refuse on mars. That's a fact. Humans aren't nearly as efficient as dwarves. I say that we freeze it, make pucks out of it, and shoot it at earth. With some advanced calculations and a bit of guidance, we could pepper the thermosphere with little pellets by giving them a wide periapsis/apoapsis variation of 100km/10,000km. Make their own skies rain down on top of them. We can also chuck some big rocks. If we time it right, they won't know what hit them. Gravity is veeerrryyyyyy useful.

I think Asimov wrote a short story about scavengers that would recycle space junk by cabling large hunks to ships and flinging them like bolos. We could do the same with large rocks, aimed straight at earth.

Reproduction... taken care of, I'm pretty sure. I concur with the 'sex is good' statement - but it doesn't take priority.

We do need to have a personnel manager or two. I volunteer. I have no plans for the next few months, just some light manufacturing, design, and programming at home to pay the bills. I've already seen some volunteers for roles on this expedition, as well as setting some of the milestones and goals.

(Begin sober part here:)
This is just awesome. I want to see how far a group of gamers can get, realistically planning a mars expedition. This would really put our community in the spotlight, eh? Means more money for Toady - who deserves much more than he has.

Bay12 Community. Best in the world. This is just more proof.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »

Great, then you can be minister of indoctrination religion.

Corai, however bluntly he put it, make a good point. We have the plans, we just need to coelasce them into one single, unified plan, then put it into action. Firstly, we probably need to vote. So, Will the first base be on mars, or the moon? I will ask Waffle to put it up. Then, he can edit the first post to put up voted on and therefore official plans.

And about resources, I'm broke, so how about you?

However, we need to make more people aware of this thread, so we can bring new ideas and support to the project. DZA, as minister of indoctrination, this falls upon you.
EDIT: haha, yeah, this thread went to the dogs fast. You might want to read through it a bit, some of your plans have already been mentioned. I think we were going to use gauss cannon right? and crippling cape canaveral, then turning earth into a giant apocalyptic wasteland through devesation of resources and collapsing government. As for refuse, it can be used as soil, or food for my booze-blobs.

There was a whole thing about cloning, and I think that, at least in the beggining, as a male enviroment cloning will be nescasarry.

EDIT2:
Oh yeah, I became the head of the most terrifying dwarven organization sine Department of Empowering our Adolescents against Terrifying Horrors, or D.E.A.T.H., more commonly known as the Dwarven Childcare project.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:57:47 pm by misko27 »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 192