Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 319256 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »

Now see, I thought that you were the master architect, cause your plan for the inter-planatary fort is the most complerte and impressive. And I've sorta been elected Head of DEEPER, which is gengineering.
Spacecraft design is a hobby.

My intention is increasing the female population in order to decrease our dependance on cloning. Besides, I like sex, and this way I will have sex, so is good strategy. The need for females is that makes it possible to create a coupling of both non-bay12ers, with sane children, therefore rebellion could be started. Control must be absolute my friend. We here have a chance to create a pure society, unburdened by such things as sanity, morality, bigotry, ethics. We don't won't this to become yet another outpost of sanity in this world, do we?

Dear God, don't tell me your reasoning is being corrupted by personal pursuits of pleasure before we even get off the damn planet! Alright, time to reorganize our population strategy:

1) Somehow obtain storage of eggs+sperm before embark. Perhaps through the robbing of sperm banks and some less-than-legal surgical practices.

2) Grow test tube babies on planet of colonization.

3) Breed progressively better descendants through the use of eugenics.

4) Use the souls of undesirables to power our technology.

And of course, I mean all of that in the most ethical way possible.

EDIT: Oh, and the molding of mindsets can be done by teaching them to follow strict Mars space cult ideals from a young age. Severly reducing chances of any rebellion.
Alright...I have severe issues with this plan, which I will go over step-by-step.
0. It's a one-generational problem, unless we modify ourselves somehow to produce >50% males.
1. Stick to legal methods. Besides, since the demographics suggest that we have a male majprity, we just need to obtain some equipment for extracting sperm. And some eggs.
2. Nothing too bad with this, I guess, if we have to.
3. Long-term goal, and one we will need to hide from thr world. Eugenics got a bad name from Hitler and such.
4. Far beyond the realm of consideration. Not only have all attempts to isolate the soul failed, but I have estimated that soul-based power would be far less efficient than, say, hooking the people we'd be sucking the souls from to some kind of bicycle generator from...somewhere between 3 and 4 hours. 3.1 something.

0. But a problem nonetheless. And one that I am confident would be best dealt with via the production of test tube children, as it would give us far greater control over population numbers as well as male/female ratios for all subsequent generations to come. Not to mention, once we perfect the process, it will be a much more reliable method of bringing people into existence than the old-fashioned way.
Valid points.

1. You're thinking about it the entirely wrong way. The organization required to successfully pull off several sperm bank robberies would help us to practice the essential teamwork and communication skills that we will need for this glorious colonization effort. And the surgical operations will help us to train up the invaluable skills of our doctors before we embark.
What, we don't have any doctors playing DF?

3. If we get any criticisms about it, we'll just paint it as, "A prejudice-fueled attack on a harmless and very important part of our Martian culture." Play that card, and I can guarantee you that we will have plenty of supporters on Earth causing a commotion in order to "defend our rights" from people that shouldn't be sticking their noses in our business to begin with. Segregating our opponents even further. Besides, once people begin to see the amazing results of such programs, it will only work to win over even more of the masses.
[/quote]
You underestimate the taint of the Nazi touch.

4. All the info I've accumulated concerning souls over the years has led me to believe that they are, in fact, virtually eternal. Meaning that even a single soul, should we learn to properly utilize it, could possibly work as an infinite power source. If a certain piece of technology requires more power than a single soul can supply, we'll just make some sort of multi-soul battery. We're likely going to be breaking trail on all sorts of discoveries during this endeavor. I see no reason why the exploitation of souls as a power source should not be one of them.
Even if we can master soul power, there WILL be social outcry that couldn't be worse if we wore Gestappo uniforms and massacred orphans and kittens

About radiation: I just read about radiation-eating fungi living at Chernobyl that are evidently edible. Yay, evolution! Anyone in the Russia area willing to get some samples for the spacecraft? Radiation shielding AND food!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:20 pm »

anyway , if we don't find a way to extract and utilize souls , we could do some research and utilize black energy , with it we would be unstoppable .
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:04:54 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 05, 2012, 04:26:05 pm »

Ignore This. How do I delete the post?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:35:27 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2012, 04:32:49 pm »

anyway , if we don't find a way to extract and utilize SOULS , we could do some research and utilize BLACK ENERGY , with it we would be unstoppable .
What's the difference?

I'd like to be a bookkeeper/logistician if that position isn't taken.
Or just someone who randomly quotes the hitchiker's guide to the galaxy.

EDIT: Oops.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:34:21 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2012, 04:48:36 pm »

See, now people are claiming positions and stuff, we need a central repository of data.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

the "soul" is imagined force , but black energy is 70% of the universe , with it we would have supply of energy for billions of years .

I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2012, 05:06:47 pm »

But brain electricity is not a imagined force, it is the force of imagination.

As of right now we have no way to interact with the vas majority of that, and black matter is largely useless or very dangerous. However, it is possible to get a very large amount of energy from black holes, it would just be somewhat impractical to obtain a black hole to do so.
Ignore This. How do I delete the post?
Only The Great One wields that power. Know your limits mortal.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:44:28 pm by misko27 »

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »

we all know that the force of imagination has no energy , while brain has a bit of spicy energy , imagination is useless .

and electricity is not imagined force , soul is .

actually brain is a biological electricity circuit , your imagination is just a weak electric impulse .
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:29:37 pm by brainfreez »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 05, 2012, 05:45:47 pm »

we all know that the force of imagination has no energy , while brain has a bit of spicy energy , imagination is useless .

and electricity is not imagined force , soul is .

actually brain is a biological electricity circuit , your imagination is just a weak electric impulse .
See, its comments like that that get you you reassigned to the test-subject division.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 05, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

i didn't understand what did you mean ?

anyway , we should create our own small planet and call it "Astronout Space Station" (A.S.S) Or the "deathstar" .
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:20:06 pm by brainfreez »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 05, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »

I can create a SMF on my server like we described - not much burden on me. Would be neat to have it on this forum, but I don't know how partial toady is to subforum creation :)
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 05, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »

this thread should be marked as HBS (hiden bad stuff) .

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 05, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »

this thread should be marked as HBS (hiden bad stuff) .
Why not SMP (Secret Martian Project)? or at least HMS, Hidden Martian Stuff.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 05, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »

because its not martian stuff , everyone knows that Michael Jackson killed the last martian in the battle of pluto , the martians were arguing that pluto is a planet but then Michael Jackson killed all of them and proved that pluto is not a planet .

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 05, 2012, 08:00:55 pm »

because its not martian stuff , everyone knows that Michael Jackson killed the last martian in the battle of pluto , the martians were arguing that pluto is a planet but then Michael Jackson killed all of them and proved that pluto is not a planet .

Wat.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 192