Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 319269 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:25 pm »

Ohhhh, Ok I understand know. You're Scared. You stood in the blinding light of Discovery and blinked. You took a step towards the cliff of innovation, and you backed away. I understand. It is a common afliction, with no known Cure. Some snap out of it, others get out over time, and others never do.

Sir! There are many paths to discovery, and you are taking a dark one! Farming marijuana, breeding kobolds, and living on mars is OK, but souls were never meant to be energy, nor is farming test tube children ever good! Please, realise this, and don't threaten humanity. I've got to get off now, though, so contemplate what I've said.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:25 pm »

Damn , i am so sleeping now !
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2012, 09:07:41 pm »

What the hell is going on here?

First of all:
At least you guys outright state that you're a bunch of terrible people.
I support this colonization effort, but I am guilty of no unethical behavior. For I am immaculately righteous by nature.

Also, enough with the objectification of souls. Just because we're exploiting them, doesn't mean we can't be respectful of their sacrifice. Which isn't really a sacrifice at all, when you think about it. I doubt souls are able to feel pain, so by using them as an energy source, we are actually keeping them from having to endure any more physical suffering. And don't forget, we NEED soul trains. Not only for transportation, but to make sure our bodies are receiving the necessary levels of funk they require to function in harsh alien atmospheres. Severe Funk Deficiency (SFD) is not something we want spreading through the colony. Trust me, the results are not pretty...

Lastly, you've all clearly gone batshit mad. I think it would be best if all control was handed over to me, in order to ensure the colonization effort's success.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2012, 09:12:54 pm »

Farming marijuana, breeding kobolds, and living on mars is OK
You're argument is invalid.

Its only 10 here, so, I'll be here all 3 hours.

ANyway, I respect your descision, but I respectfully disagree. Respectfully. The Way to discovery, towards what is new, and towards the better life is branched and diverse, But my way is Funner.

And, On that note, I am reminded we need a intelligence service. I will come up with a Acronym is a bit, but for now, Just Call it the Bay12 Intelligence Agency, or BIA.

DZA, Hells no. I can;t allow that, you are weak in the ways of Crazy.

I've noticed that unlike in america, where elections are based on the graph with left against right, and autoritarianism versus libertarianism, But here, its degrees of Crazy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:20:47 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2012, 09:18:35 pm »

I may be lacking in Craziness, but you are suffering from an excess of it, leaving you unfit to hold any major positions of power without the risk of this endeavor being run into the ground.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:20:06 pm by King DZA »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 05, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »

I demand Elections. My platform will be my record of Sucess at founding this endeavor, The Creation of several sucessful Blueprints of our more crazy creatures, an advocate of Soul, or at least Brain, power, My Role in Creation of Test-tubery and substitutes. and of course, the Founding of DEEPER. I am The only choice you have, if You wish for success.

About Government, How do we draft a constitution without a government? Should we have a parliment?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 05, 2012, 09:28:13 pm »

I just know this is gonna erupt in civil war.

I pledge my allegiance to King DZA when the war begins.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 05, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

No no no, no war, thats just what they want. Just, Elections. We'll see after that. All though Without specific declaration of powers its a little weird, but whatever. Hey, we're now on par with egypt in terms of government. *Fingers Crossed*

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »

Sorry, I don't do elections. If we want to be truly successful (A.K.A. not die horrible vain deaths), I should be the one in control. You have already shown that you prioritize fun and pleasure over what would be in the colony's best interest. You've gone mad with hypothetical power, and I fear your condition is only getting worse.

And, you know, there's also the fact that this endeavor literally would not exist without me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2012, 09:47:48 pm »

This Colony would be a god-damned crime-syndicate if not for me. And If you are going to avoid elections, all I can say is, Bring it on.

This is all a attempt to take power while we are distracted. You discredit your main rival then take control. But I will prevent it. If there are no elections, I will bring the full might of my followers to defeat you're authoritarian ways.

EDIT: Damn, this was going great. Just a calm discussion of ways and means. Now, We're busy squabbling over imaginary power in a currently non-existant government. We will never go anywhere if we do this. We must move forward, together, or let this dream die, Right here and now. So whats it going to be DZA, if that is your real name. Are we going to do this together? Or will you insist on this path. The choice, is yours.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:54:32 pm by misko27 »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2012, 09:56:42 pm »

I concur, for I desire success as much as anyone else. But if it is to work, we must make some final decisions on our plan of action. Lest we risk splitting into different factions over difference of ideals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »

I cannot express my joy at your choice. I agree completely. The remaining difficulty is doing so. Also, is everyone else asleep? and if so, does that make this this a backroom deal?

Anyway, the first order of buisness should be establishing the current points of difficulty. I believe that the soul propostition is causing some dissent.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:11:57 pm by misko27 »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »

I cannot express my joy at your choice. I agree completely. The remaining difficulty is doing so. Also, is everyone else asleep? and if so, does that make this this a backroom deal?

I am here.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2012, 10:12:59 pm »

I am here.
Good for you. But you are behind everyone else time-wise, so that says little.

Also, I'm (trying) to make a mod from this thread. I'm currently on the weaponry. It's only in the early stages, since it involves some pretty extensive stuff, but progress is being made. It takes place on ruined earth, becasue I don't want to make mars or moon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:16:41 pm by misko27 »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2012, 10:18:13 pm »

Good. I was going to suggest that. A mars training mod. Slow down dwarves to simulate space suits, get some good mars geology, etc.

Need any help? I can do geology/terrain, but am worthess with creatures :D
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 192