Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fun Mod - Graveforge  (Read 5086 times)

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Mod - Graveforge
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 07:03:57 am »

Conservation of mass is one of the more difficult things I've tried and failed to keep while making this.  I have no idea how a single turtle shell becomes a block large enough to fill a doorway.  In the end, I chalked it all up to averaging; you lose mass when making blocks from large creature bits, but gain mass when turning chinchilla brains into a block.  Now if I could only find some way to forbid hair from being used (guts and muscle blocks are just fine for me, but hair blocks creep me out for some reason; maybe if they were the by-product of a dwarven shower drain...)

But I've been doing some testing with the weapons, and while they count as a corpse for future bone-to-weapon reactions, it seems that necromancers cannot or will not reanimate them.  So if your dwarves are foolish enough to attack one with a bone battleaxe, they can fight without fear of being suddenly unarmed and forced to fight they very weapon they so recently used.  Which I guess is kind of a shame, because I imagine such a scene and find it very amusing.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 07:23:52 am »

Reminds me of when Necro's first came out.  In the Adventure section someone noted that assaulting a Tower with a backpack full of trophy heads is a VERY BAD idea.  I lol'd quite a bit.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 06:40:39 pm »

I just had to include this into my version of the ponymod because this is so damn cool. No brakes on the grimdark train!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 07:04:39 pm »

So, how useful are these bone weapons?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 01:18:23 am »

Valikdu: Have fun making walls of bone and floors of organs; don't forget to post any strange reaction combinations you come across!

Wrex: The weapons may as well be made of foam and have the word 'Nerf' imprinted on them.  The weapon-creating reaction lacks any tags that force an edge on the product, so the edged weapons are quite dull.  Meanwhile, the incredibly light density of bone prevents blunt weapons from accruing any real momentum.  They'd make great training weapons for conventional practice, danger rooms, or tormenting naked goblins in an arena; and as I've posted before, a Hammerer with a bone weapon is effectively punishing dwarves with a feather pillow.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 02:07:50 am »

Hrm. is there any way to change that? Bone blades from the wanderer mod are quite useful. Perhaps you could awipe some of their coding?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 06:21:20 am »

Wrex
Shepard.

Hrm. is there any way to change that? Bone blades from the wanderer mod are quite useful. Perhaps you could awipe some of their coding?
For that, you'd have to create new creatures that would have a different material template for bone, which would have better weapon-properties like shear yield, maxedge and density. Or edit the existing material template.
Pages: 1 [2]