Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The first lawnmower was a cow.  (Read 21235 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The first lawnmower was a cow.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:54 pm »

Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYEOOHDOOOOOHHRRAAAAA

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 05:01:00 pm »

Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYEOOHDOOOOOHHRRAAAAA

Damn im sigging this:D
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 08:32:12 pm »

I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

Quoted

Also, some of us have grandparents that have refused to purchase a motorized lawn mower. And I tell you, those manual ones all suck to use!
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »

Manual lawnmowers have a huge advantage in non-horizontal gardens.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 09:43:53 pm »

Non-horizontal? Like... vertical? o.O
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »

I hate motorized lawnmowers. I HATE THEM! >:( Gimme a manual one any day, as long as it's maintained properly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 10:04:22 pm »

I hate motorized lawnmowers. I HATE THEM! >:( Gimme a manual one any day, as long as it's maintained properly.

Well, you have two flavors. You have the kind that's essentially a rotary blade on wheels (a bitch to roll, even when properly sharpened and oiled) and one that's pretty much a scythe with teeth (hard labor, and it's hard to get an even lawn). I much prefer motorized lawn mowers, with electric on a lower tier than gas powered. But I think that's because I grew up mowing a larger area than what most people do.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 02:37:08 am »

That's exactly what I thought... I was trying to picture a wall of grass, a vertical lawn... and wondering how that could be easier with any kind of mower.

But then it occurred to me that a hill isn't horizontal.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 09:31:49 am »

Land coral :D

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:45 am »

Our lawn has a pretty steep incline, so you can surf the lawnmower all the way down.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 09:52:54 am »

The reason we have lawns is because we have gardens, and when there is that space between the garden and the house there was two choices. Pave it or leave it to nature. Some paved that shit. Leaving a Stony Feel to their homes. Others chose to leave it open to nature, and grass grew, and grew and grew and grew. So it was like. Dude, Cut that shit. So we did, and we discovered that we had to cut it regually. Cutting it by hand with a Scythe or Sickle took too much work and in some places an animal wasn't an ideal choice due to the fact it would eat the garden more then the grass, because surely a cow would find a Lettuce more tasty then grass. So we were stuck with pushing a rotating scythe around, but that was still troublesome. Then some Aussie bloke realized that if he attached a motor to his mower for his son to earn some cash, it would work better, and BOOM. We have the Lawn Mower...

Later on, some Fat Lazy American (:P Joking) decided that he couldn't be buggered pushing it around anymore and threw a chair onto it and added a steering wheel, and thus we got the ride on mower...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 02:43:53 am »

Our lawn has a pretty steep incline, so you can surf the lawnmower all the way down.

Imagine... Professional mowboarding... Complete with grassy landscaped halfpipes, dangerous paths down mountains and multiple mowboarders racing to the finish. Imagine the accidents that could happen!

Edit: Or even... cowboarding. Saddle a cow up with snowboard boots, box it up at the top of a mountain, put maniac on cow (you'd have to be crazy), smack cow's ass and open the gate.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:46:55 am by Tabbyman »
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 02:52:52 am »

The reason we have lawns is because we have gardens, and when there is that space between the garden and the house there was two choices. Pave it or leave it to nature. Some paved that shit. Leaving a Stony Feel to their homes. Others chose to leave it open to nature, and grass grew, and grew and grew and grew. So it was like. Dude, Cut that shit. So we did, and we discovered that we had to cut it regually. Cutting it by hand with a Scythe or Sickle took too much work and in some places an animal wasn't an ideal choice due to the fact it would eat the garden more then the grass, because surely a cow would find a Lettuce more tasty then grass. So we were stuck with pushing a rotating scythe around, but that was still troublesome. Then some Aussie bloke realized that if he attached a motor to his mower for his son to earn some cash, it would work better, and BOOM. We have the Lawn Mower...

Later on, some Fat Lazy American (:P Joking) decided that he couldn't be buggered pushing it around anymore and threw a chair onto it and added a steering wheel, and thus we got the ride on mower...

Well I'll be damned. The history of the lawnmower.

I've got an idea, and I don't care if someone rips it off and this actually happens, because I'd laugh my ass off. Let's go one step further than sitting on a lawnmower. Imagine someone invented a lawnmower that moves like a segway. It would be more effective on smaller lawns, but only snobby people with big lawns could afford one.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 06:10:19 am »

Imagine... Professional mowboarding... Complete with grassy landscaped halfpipes, dangerous paths down mountains and multiple mowboarders racing to the finish. Imagine the accidents that could happen!

In fact, we throw a party every two weeks or so just to keep the grass short. Not many people can boast to have a highscore board for their back yard.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 10:56:56 pm »

I've got an idea, and I don't care if someone rips it off and this actually happens, because I'd laugh my ass off. Let's go one step further than sitting on a lawnmower. Imagine someone invented a lawnmower that moves like a segway. It would be more effective on smaller lawns, but only snobby people with big lawns could afford one.
\\Cough\\
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4