Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Homemade Dwarf Fortress apparel  (Read 1464 times)

ThatRussian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Homemade Dwarf Fortress apparel
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:54:03 pm »

My mother did this for my birthday. Do you have any kind of DF clothes? If you do, please show them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:16:54 pm by ThatRussian »

werozzi

• Bay Watcher
  • L'uomo Macchina
    • View Profile
Re: Homemade Dwarf Fortress apparel
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:47 pm »

Sir, I must confess i just want to marry your mother.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »

you should sell these!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ThatRussian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:56:14 pm »

Sir, I must confess i just want to marry your mother.
I`m pretty sure my father is going to be against that.
you should sell these!
Every cent spent on DF apparel is a cent not donated to Toady. And if he doesn`t get enough money, he would catch macabre mood. And if he catches macabre mood, he will eat Scamps, lock himself in the room, make an artifact cat leather glove with menacing cat bone spikes, and use it to strangle me.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

So sell them and put the profits to Toady!  Probably ask first though.  Copyrights are srs bsnz.

Either way, great stuff there!  I'm more impressed with how well you lie.  I can't imagine your mother knowingly knitting you a homage to a game so violent.  You must have convinced her it was something softer!

I've often considered making a chainmail overlay, especially for my bag/purse.  It's a medium sized messenger bag style, and I've been debating making a draping to go over the main flap, dark blue plaid is fine and all, but I could spruce it up a little with some chain.  The obvious options of a large dwarf are available, but I've also considered condensing each tile to a small square, so instead of a green "g" it would just be a green dot, and then translate that into a chainmail inlay and make a drapery.  Ideally it would be something iconic, like a classic screencap of Boatmurdered or somesuch.