Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 676978 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2685 on: September 25, 2016, 05:43:46 am »

Is there any way to view/edit one's Steam wishlist as a zoomed-out grid?
Or at the very least, a zoomed-out list? I was planning on buying one or two games, an amount that should hopefully fit my budget, but it's incredibly hard to decide with my wishlist growing all the time and nothing properly sorted. :-\ Maybe I should just go with Necrodancer and be done with it.

Edit: Re: Cortana, I played a good H-game starring Cortana in my disgusting teenage days. Doesn't mean I'm not glad I never got around to updating. :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:45:44 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: September 25, 2016, 12:31:31 pm »

Edit: Re: Cortana, I played a good H-game starring Cortana in my disgusting teenage days. Doesn't mean I'm not glad I never got around to updating. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are people able to see these characters properly, or do they show up as individual characters mixed in with squares?

सभिसमज निरपेक्ष परिभाषित गटको खरिदे उपलब्ध प्रेरना बनाति दिये एसलिये गयेगया मुख्य उदेश पुर्व मेंभटृ वातावरण अर्थपुर्ण करते रचना पहेला एसलिये शारिरिक सुचनाचलचित्र होभर भारतीय बातसमय अन्तरराष्ट्रीयकरन सक्षम सकते ध्वनि विज्ञान पहोचाना समस्याए चाहे कार्य संस्था रहारुप वर्तमान थातक कार्य उद्योग अत्यंत यन्त्रालय जाने ध्वनि तकरीबन परस्पर हमेहो। हमारि होगा गयेगया पत्रिका
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: September 25, 2016, 12:37:56 pm »

Are people able to see these characters properly, or do they show up as individual characters mixed in with squares?

सभिसमज निरपेक्ष परिभाषित गटको खरिदे उपलब्ध प्रेरना बनाति दिये एसलिये गयेगया मुख्य उदेश पुर्व मेंभटृ वातावरण अर्थपुर्ण करते रचना पहेला एसलिये शारिरिक सुचनाचलचित्र होभर भारतीय बातसमय अन्तरराष्ट्रीयकरन सक्षम सकते ध्वनि विज्ञान पहोचाना समस्याए चाहे कार्य संस्था रहारुप वर्तमान थातक कार्य उद्योग अत्यंत यन्त्रालय जाने ध्वनि तकरीबन परस्पर हमेहो। हमारि होगा गयेगया पत्रिका
Show up fine to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: September 25, 2016, 01:00:48 pm »

Is there any way to view/edit one's Steam wishlist as a zoomed-out grid?
Or at the very least, a zoomed-out list? I was planning on buying one or two games, an amount that should hopefully fit my budget, but it's incredibly hard to decide with my wishlist growing all the time and nothing properly sorted. :-\ Maybe I should just go with Necrodancer and be done with it.
Open it in a browser and zoom out? Alternatively big picture mode might show your wish list as a series of tiles like it does your library, I'm not sure.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: September 27, 2016, 12:02:52 am »

Why isn't "making up words" considered adult behavior?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 27, 2016, 12:25:44 am »

Usually because it's indicative of a lack of vocabulary that's supposed to diminish with age. It's broadly speaking a failure for an adult to not know the actual word for whatever, in their language. There's exceptions for when the language legitimately doesn't have a word for said whatever, but unsurprisingly enough those exceptions decrease over time. Other set when it's particularly obscure, too, but eh. Can also be considered as trying to disrupt or intentionally muddle communication with someone, which often held as immature at best (because you're intentionally miscommunicating, something that is rather disrespectful of the person you're talking to, a behavior that adults are supposed to have outgrown) or malicious at worst (i.e. attempting to confuse someone, something easily construable as hostile). Probably other stuff, too. There's usually a good handfuls of various reasons (of varying legitimacy) behind this kind of thing.

If it's in a more playful sense, well, that's mostly a continuation of the common adult affliction of being under the grotesque illusion of having outgrown illusion. For some mad reason it's a common cultural thing for adults to disdain fun things that younger individuals also find fun, so unstructured wordplay is seen as childish, or at the least directed towards a young audience. Exceptions there, too, particularly with poetry, but *shrugs*

Let it not be said that consistency is a virtue oft practiced by mankind.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:28:51 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 27, 2016, 06:20:31 am »

I bet there's a German word for something a language doesn't have a word for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: September 27, 2016, 07:58:23 am »

I'm afraid you're one country and a hundred million deaths in war off, because that's represented by je ne sais quoi.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 27, 2016, 02:56:52 pm »

Anyone know a good resource for human perspective/proportion that doesn't require models?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2694 on: September 27, 2016, 02:59:40 pm »

Require models? I use posemaniacs.com, personally.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 27, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »

I just realised I worded that poorly - I meant something educational that would help me stop leaning on models so heavily. I'd like to not be reliant on someone having previously done that pose, or positioned themselves in such a way.

Though I'll definitely use that resource now that it's presented :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2696 on: September 27, 2016, 03:35:20 pm »

Oooh. Well, that's easy to answer. That site's thirty second sketches? Do a few tons of those. It is the fastest way I know of to git gud at human anatomy in art.

In parallel with that, draw from life. Sketch your lecturers, sketch your classmates, sketch people in cafes.

Also, just study the body and how it fits together. Yours, if necessary. Things like being roughly seven heads tall, the hands almost reach mid thigh, from the wrist to the base of the thumb is the length of the thumb and to the fingertips is twice that...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: September 27, 2016, 03:39:38 pm »

Oh, that thirty second thing looks great.

As for drawing others, I don't think I could draw anything in public. I can barely draw in private at the moment, haha.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: The thing says to press a start button, which I can't find....?
2nd Edit: The Random Pose one works, but not the 30 Second Drawing one. Strange.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:53:45 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 27, 2016, 04:42:33 pm »

Should I buy bravely default 2? I never played the first but I heard good things.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 27, 2016, 05:02:44 pm »

Could someone tell me the song playing at 15:12 of this video?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:46:57 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 636