Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 676765 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2700 on: September 27, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »

Could someone tell me the song playing at 15:57 of this video?

Your link leads to the youtube home page, for me at least. Not sure what's up with that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: September 27, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »

Lets expand it to just games for the 3ds... what is good?

But yes Bravely Default 2 is it good? (it goes by a different name)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 27, 2016, 06:32:46 pm »

It appears to be, poking around. Biggest complaint folks seem to have is that it's a fair bit like the first, so not having played that is probably a good thing. Don't have a 3DS, though, so haven't exactly tried it myself.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 27, 2016, 06:47:57 pm »

Your link leads to the youtube home page, for me at least. Not sure what's up with that.

It should be fixed now.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 27, 2016, 06:48:09 pm »

Theres plenty of good things on the 3ds. What sort of things are you looking for neon?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 27, 2016, 06:50:04 pm »

Theres plenty of good things on the 3ds. What sort of things are you looking for neon?

Turn based stuff like RPGs or something with a good story...

Less focus on action.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 27, 2016, 06:57:46 pm »

It should be fixed now.

I don't remember the name of the song, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the soundsense seasonal tracks.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 30, 2016, 05:13:18 am »

Who is PlumpHelmetPunk?
PHP is one of those fancy fellows who were at one time called Let's Players, and he's great. Also does professional photography, and should do more hitbox streams because I am cold and dead without them. His house burned down some months ago because his neighbors are idiots and set an entire forest on fire. I believe his forum account is A Dwarven Smokeologist, not used very much. Also goes by Amnesiac Jack in some places. Has the voice of a particularly rugged noir detective, but doesn't talk about dames as much.
Gosh, I forgot to respond to this. Where are my manners?

Thanks for the info, even if I'd figured out the "great" part already. :P
Stumbled onto his videos whilst looking for Jagged Alliance 2 gameplay... starting to think I should have skipped buying the game and just watched his videos of it instead. This should keep me entertained for a while! Also, his house burned down? Daaaamn, that's never fun.

Edit: What does "gjestelisteplass" mean? I believe it's Norwegian. I'm guessing it's something obscene, but who knows.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:08:23 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: October 04, 2016, 02:35:39 am »

Ok here is an impossible question!

So Milk is apparently an uncommon ingredient in 15th century Joseon... To the extent that the only usual source of it in the capital is the palace.

Why?

Do they lack dairy cows? Is it that they don't use cows? Or is it so expensive to raise dairy animals AND there are so many people who are lactose intolerant... that it becomes a luxury that is only really bestowed upon the super rich?

I cannot possibly imagine it needing to be imported.

---

Edit:

Ok a PARTIAL answer is that milk as milk (not cheese, not yogurt, not curds, not mead) was extremely uncommon because it spoils almost instantly.

You can't even sell milk in a market... You either get it fresh or you don't get it because it will spoil in less than a day (you won't even get to save it for later)

So the reason that they might only be able to get milk from the palace is because... They likely milked it on demand... and only the Palace could possibly keep cows for just that purpose.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: October 04, 2016, 02:41:43 am »

I'd assume that would be the whole answer. Farmers have cows but they live in the countryside so you'd need a cart to get the milk into the city. The trip would take time, no refridgeration plus the bumpiness might cause the milk to seperate. Plus you'd have to use it all quickly and get more within the next day or so which would cost quite a bit more than other alternatives.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: October 04, 2016, 02:55:15 am »

Was dairy much of a thing anywhere in East Asia?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: October 04, 2016, 03:23:14 am »

I don't think so. I think pigs were more common than cattle but I haven't done any research on the matter.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: October 04, 2016, 04:06:11 am »

India has quite a few dairy products and dishes (as well as having a long history with cows)

As well my research suggests that China had used milk for centuries (though exactly when it started is beyond me... the earliest they give is 16th century)

As well the Mongols extensively used Goat Milk and Tibet extensively uses butter (even making a tea out of butter)

Korea I obviously already learned about.

The only location that seems to have avoided dairy in general is Japan, but that is a product of their lack of proper grazing land that would contain cows.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: October 04, 2016, 09:22:42 am »

Incidentally, there are three separate locations where lactose tolerance developed through different mutations: Northern Europe, India, and a spot near Mali/Nigeria Only the first managed a major spread.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: October 05, 2016, 06:00:48 am »

Incidentally, there are three separate locations where lactose tolerance developed through different mutations: Northern Europe, India, and a spot near Mali/Nigeria Only the first managed a major spread.
We should crossbreed these three mutations into a single person with superhuman milk-drinking abilities.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 636