Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 676973 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Flat-nosed pigdogs]
« Reply #3870 on: July 01, 2017, 01:45:48 pm »

That makes sense.

I was thinking of the logistics of having a planet that trades organic materials with other worlds.  Seems like since you're removing things from the cycle it would be no more sustainable than say trading minerals with other planets.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: July 01, 2017, 01:51:16 pm »

Eh, it would probably be more sustainable, if for no other reason than it takes more time to produce usable organics and launch them out of atmo than it does to mess with just about anything inorganic, but it's effectively the same thing. On the other hand, so far as I'm aware usable organics require much few inorganic bits than usable inorganics tend to (and what they do can be largely produced and transported fairly trivially *coughwastecough*), so it'd almost certainly take fewer imports to be able to sustain organic production and export than, say, factory production (or for some reason hauling resources back in to be mined... asteroid stuff?). So you could probably keep it up longer regardless.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: July 01, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

Oh that's strange but true.  You could import the essential matter for fertilizer, then export agricultural products.  Agriculture as a refining industry rather than a harvesting one, that's an interesting concept.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: July 02, 2017, 04:20:16 am »

Ok I just want to be clear on this for cultural context.

did the new Ghostbusters movie, the commercials, or ANYONE working on the movie... Ever make any comment on it being a progressive movie or that it being an all women cast is somehow a good thing?

I want to know so I can gauge the exact community response to the movie.

I am pretty sure the answer is no and the feminist qualities are thrust upon the movie.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:30:45 am by Neonivek »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: July 02, 2017, 06:34:31 am »

Potassium and phosphorus would probably be the things we run out of first. We're not really threatened by P and K depletion for the next centuries, but those would be an issue.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: July 07, 2017, 06:26:48 pm »

Alright, I feel like I'm going crazy trying to figure this out, is there any way to actually stay with a Discord server? Because as is, I have to dig for the invite link every single time I start my computer. That space on the left looks like there's suppose to be a list of servers there, right? So surely, SURELY there is a way to keep a list that you can just click on whenever you want to join.

Right?

RIGHT?!

I've looked into this a few times and found nobody ever talking about it, but this is not a usable piece of software without that function. Why does everybody like Discord? Is the whole world fucking deranged?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: July 07, 2017, 06:43:42 pm »

So, I've gotten back into Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and I want to discuss it. There's a thread for the game in Other Games, but it's four years old. I've asked about necroing threads here before--but those were only a year or two old, tops. What do you guys think the consensus is for really old threads like these?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: July 07, 2017, 08:02:53 pm »

Alright, I feel like I'm going crazy trying to figure this out, is there any way to actually stay with a Discord server? Because as is, I have to dig for the invite link every single time I start my computer. That space on the left looks like there's suppose to be a list of servers there, right? So surely, SURELY there is a way to keep a list that you can just click on whenever you want to join.

Right?

RIGHT?!

I've looked into this a few times and found nobody ever talking about it, but this is not a usable piece of software without that function. Why does everybody like Discord? Is the whole world fucking deranged?

Seems to be just your Discord acting up. Everything's working on my PC as you think it should.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: July 07, 2017, 08:18:26 pm »

Yeah. I actually have the opposite problem, getting annoyed when I log onto discord and realize I forgot to disconnect from a sever I only meant to go too once, so I have to like, pop into a chat with a bunch of people I don't want to talk too and then pop out mysteriously.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: July 08, 2017, 06:06:08 am »

So, I've gotten back into Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and I want to discuss it. There's a thread for the game in Other Games, but it's four years old. I've asked about necroing threads here before--but those were only a year or two old, tops. What do you guys think the consensus is for really old threads like these?
The consensus is the same as it ever is. If you have something at least somewhat substantiative to add, and don't feel like making/maintaining a new thread, it's fine.

Conceptually a new thread would be a better idea, most of the time, just because generally something has changed about the subject you're bumping over that much time, but often enough there hasn't or hasn't been anything big enough to warrant a new OP and a bump half-decade or not will do well enough.

Basically, don't worry about the length the thread's been dead. Stuff you want to concern yourself with is the same for a thread two months, two years, or two decades idle... though I don't think we have any that old, yet.
Ask not!
Ask!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: July 11, 2017, 04:08:53 pm »

Right?

RIGHT?!

dude, what

That's not how Discord is supposed to work at all.

The servers you're in are stored on your account so I have no idea how your computer managed to fuck up that badly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: July 12, 2017, 01:11:11 am »

To be fair what else do you expect from a box that we tricked into thinking.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: July 12, 2017, 05:47:58 am »

... anyone happen to know what's up with those car lights with the blue... dots, I guess, in them? Looks almost like there's a single insert LED or somethin' inside the headlights. Just noticed the things in the last week or two, and some quirk of rear view mirrors makes the damn things offset from the light itself and move around based on which way you're looking at it. Kinda' distracting, frankly, which is bad juju for the road.

Wondering if there's some actual reason to it besides trying to convince the other drivers on the road they're hallucinating, basically. It seems both pointless and a potential risk factor (albeit minor) for accidents, and other than some "brilliant" idiot infesting someone's design process I can't figure out why it's being done.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: July 12, 2017, 07:08:52 am »

Right?

RIGHT?!

Besides what Cinder said, are you using the actual application, or running it through the browser? Probably doesn't matter, but since being in servers has stopped working for you, it might.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: July 12, 2017, 04:31:18 pm »

Has anybody used Code For Cash yet? I'm kind of interested, but I remember Upwork and Odesk being full of people wanting a lot of very skilled work done for not a lot of money.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 636