Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 675748 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #4680 on: November 05, 2018, 10:05:33 am »

I want to crawl into your manhole
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: November 05, 2018, 10:20:28 am »

I don't actually want to crawl into your manhole, on account of all the gunk in it, but you're paying me to do it. Now, where's my rubber suit?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: November 05, 2018, 10:36:06 am »

The record for the highest amount of people coming into your manhole at the same time must be several dozens at least
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: November 06, 2018, 05:29:22 am »

There was an anti-censorship campaign a while back where women would publish topless photos of themselves, but censor the nipples with cropped images of male nipples (which are generally not censored).

I have to wonder... would you be able to get away with something similar, but just censoring buttholes using cropped images of Trump's puckermouth?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: November 06, 2018, 06:00:53 am »

Is it bad that when I read this ^, the first thing that came to mind was tubgirl, and it made me laugh?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: November 06, 2018, 06:03:15 am »

There was an anti-censorship campaign a while back where women would publish topless photos of themselves, but censor the nipples with cropped images of male nipples (which are generally not censored).

I have to wonder... would you be able to get away with something similar, but just censoring buttholes using cropped images of Trump's puckermouth?
As long as no other bits are showing, you could probably pull it off. Bare butts are a fairly common occurrence in film/media as is, just minus the actual anus/other bits.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: November 07, 2018, 01:15:34 pm »

vitamin D and the B vitamins can help with mood and focus, quite a bit.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: November 07, 2018, 04:06:11 pm »

You could take a multivitamin, see if that helps.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: November 08, 2018, 12:44:28 am »

Ok, I am in a bit of a discussion with my charge nurse.

There's an old song by Simon and Garfunkel named "Mrs. robinson"

I will soilerize the lyrics for it.

Spoiler: lyrics (click to show/hide)

I contend that this song is about an elderly woman who goes for some kind of treatment at a medical facility, and gets sent away with some hard-hitting, or otherwise "stigmatized" medication, possibly in an assisted living environment, with digs about possible dementia, especially at the end.

She tells me she does not think so. 

In modern settings, I could see this being about a 70 to 80 year old woman with terminal cancer, moving into a hospice house, being prescribed medicinal marijuana, enduring the typical political shitshow from politicians all too eager to cut her medicare benefits, and having delusions of watching Baseball like they did in the 40s and 50s, only to be reminded that Joe does not play anymore.

So-- Small question:

What is this song REALLY about?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: November 08, 2018, 03:35:30 am »

What is this song REALLY about?
It's about the fictional Mrs. Robinson in the movie The Graduate. No, really.

The director had heard about the duo's rising fame, and commissioned them to write a song for the movie. They came up with a couple, director didn't like them, people started getting frustrated, then they showed him the demo to Mrs. Robinson and he loved it. They fleshed out the rest of the song with whatever words they had lying around, and it was a hit.

So it's partly about cougars, partly about the supposed innocence of youth and what it means, and partly about how Joe DiMaggio is a paragon of virtue. Yes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: November 08, 2018, 03:53:37 am »

Thanks for the lead, but not quite true either.

From the wikipedia article
According to a Variety article by Peter Bart in the May 15, 2005, issue, Lawrence Turman, his producer, then made a deal for Simon to write three new songs for the movie. By the time they had nearly finished editing the film, Simon had only written one new song. Nichols begged him for more, but Simon, who was touring constantly, told him he did not have the time. He did play him a few notes of a new song he had been working on; "It's not for the movie... it's a song about times past—about Mrs. Roosevelt and Joe DiMaggio and stuff." Nichols advised Simon, "It's now about Mrs. Robinson, not Mrs. Roosevelt."[15]
[/url]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: November 08, 2018, 03:59:08 am »

Thanks for the lead, but not quite true either.

From the wikipedia article
According to a Variety article by Peter Bart in the May 15, 2005, issue, Lawrence Turman, his producer, then made a deal for Simon to write three new songs for the movie. By the time they had nearly finished editing the film, Simon had only written one new song. Nichols begged him for more, but Simon, who was touring constantly, told him he did not have the time. He did play him a few notes of a new song he had been working on; "It's not for the movie... it's a song about times past—about Mrs. Roosevelt and Joe DiMaggio and stuff." Nichols advised Simon, "It's now about Mrs. Robinson, not Mrs. Roosevelt."[15]
There are at least four or five variations of the story around.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:35:27 am by Maximum Spin »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: November 08, 2018, 08:40:15 am »

So this have been bothering me for some weeks now.
This is a quite new computer, got it some weeks ago. Would say near high-end or so.

The issue though.. Is that any online videos (mainly Youtube and Twitch) seem to be choppy from time to time, but the sound plays normally.
Is there any way I could fix this?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4693 on: November 08, 2018, 08:45:26 am »

Pop open task manager and check how your CPU's doing. I don't imagine it's the problem, but my laptop has the same behaviour when the CPU is bottlenecking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: November 08, 2018, 09:24:51 am »

I have not really had any bottlenecking as far as I know of. So I doubt that this is a CPU issue.
I mean, this computer is new and I have not had any other issues with it. (Aside from what is expected from having Windows 10)
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 636