Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 681984 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5025 on: May 01, 2019, 07:26:33 am »

For the information contained therein? Absolutely not. I expect all information provided in those kinds of advertisements to be completely misleading.

If it's actually worth watching, a la Old Spice or the Long Long Man series? Yeah, I'll watch that. That's some clever stuff, the artists deserve the appreciation.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: May 02, 2019, 12:43:03 am »

Yeah, companies figured out that the thing isn't interesting so instead they make an arbitrary interesting thing and then scream the product's name at you right at the end.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: May 02, 2019, 01:03:04 am »

The thing is it has never worked on me, to my recollection. Unless it's something I already know about and am already intending to buy, there is no amount of interest an ad could generate that would prevent me from muting it. Even those stupid meme ads (Tide, Old Spice, etc.) make me think "Wow, those guys are a bunch of dicks, I don't want to buy their stuff."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: May 02, 2019, 07:20:47 am »

The only ads that have made me want the product were Sonic (restaurant) ads, but those didn't work because there isn't a sonic anywhere near me so no matter how much I want the ice cream I can't

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: May 02, 2019, 08:10:54 am »

Most commercial ads have done nothing for me... but ads for, say, web serials or FOSS games or somethin' has occasionally earned a click. It's all about dat interest -- and there not being a pricetag involved, and not in the bullshit way a lot of more commerical "free" offers roll with. Stuff aiming to generate interest more than profit margin, basically.

It's pretty much strictly been limited to occasional banner ads, though. Presumably anyone not running for profit can't afford much else ad wise, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: May 06, 2019, 02:14:28 am »

A friend was talking about her travels around the world and was mentioning La Sagrada Familia and by extension Antoni Gaudí, commenting on some of the architectural marvels.

I'm not entirely sure if it was Sagrada Familia specifically, but she noted one place as having a "geometric joke", where standing in one place and observing the surrounding engineering would eventually reveal itself as some impossible-to-explain comedy to those who were "sufficiently intelligent", and that this was sort of an inside joke from the creator.

And I've been wondering since then just what the fuck she was actually on about, because I'm having a hard time finding any references to such a quirk and I'm curious as to whether or not she just got the wool pulled over her eyes or something.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5031 on: May 06, 2019, 02:37:36 am »

I'm pretty sure someone's having the wool pulled over their eyes, although she might be trying to do it to you more than anything else.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: May 06, 2019, 11:47:48 am »

Ads are boring to me because I don't have money.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: May 06, 2019, 11:57:28 am »

I'm pretty sure someone's having the wool pulled over their eyes, although she might be trying to do it to you more than anything else.
Eh, she's not really the type to do that... She is however very much the type to get really excited about ancient geniuses though, even the more outlandish claims about them, and I wouldn't put it past her to go a little "emperor's new clothes" given such an opportunity.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: May 10, 2019, 07:59:31 pm »

Any good image editors for Android tablets? I'm used to using gimp, but neither it nor paint.net support android
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: May 12, 2019, 03:47:20 am »

Does "I planned on using at least a couple of my beers as an accompaniment for a music-listening sesh but instead wound up drinking them all whilst watching the teev" count as a "First World problem"?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: May 12, 2019, 03:54:59 am »

On the one hand yes, on the other hand that probably happens to lots of people living in non-first-world-countries and indeed pretty much throughout history. That particular situation has had potential to exist since at least the neolithic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: May 13, 2019, 02:06:24 am »

What's something you've seen in a movie or game that scared you, despite not meaning to be scary at all? CRPGAddict just wrapped up a game called Dark Stone Ritual, and the full-screen character portraits in that game are wigging me out. Somehow, it gives the feeling of someone being in my personal space.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: May 13, 2019, 02:19:45 am »

Does stuff you experienced as a kid count? Because there was some old movie with a bunch of fluffy bunnies getting terrorized by a big angry dog, so the bunnies banded together and made a gigantic hollow bunny suit that they all climbed into in order to intimidate the dog into leaving them alone.

The horrifying glare of that bunny suit gave me nightmares for a very long time...

If we're talking about modern stuff, there was a sort of ad for "what altered reality could become" that showed off the utility of having an augmented headset, such as keeping track of meetings or quickly highlighting importance pieces of contracts or textbooks, or automatically datamining a woman's social media profiles in order to determine what you should say to her for the best chance to get laid.

This was somehow *not* intended as a dystopic view of a future gone mad, but was instead supposed to inspire investors for this prospective market.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: May 13, 2019, 02:23:15 am »

If we're talking about modern stuff, there was a sort of ad for "what altered reality could become" that showed off the utility of having an augmented headset, such as keeping track of meetings or quickly highlighting importance pieces of contracts or textbooks, or automatically datamining a woman's social media profiles in order to determine what you should say to her for the best chance to get laid.

This was somehow *not* intended as a dystopic view of a future gone mad, but was instead supposed to inspire investors for this prospective market.

That's literally a dream I had. In my dream you could buy some sort of plugin for Facebook that would automatically generate the best possible reply when talking to somebody and basically steer the conversation how you wanted.

I wonder what it says about me that my dream-self thought this was awesome and not creepy or weird at all.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 636