Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 675597 times)

mason

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5355 on: November 17, 2019, 04:28:05 pm »

I realize thst I've been waking up at weird times (3 am, 4 am) despite sleeping at normalish times (9 pm to 11 pm) and I feel the need to correct that. How do I wake up later without sleeping later?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if one can easily. I too have a similar issue.  My only solution I found was to go to bed earlier. I've gone to bed at 9PM and wake up at 4AM and then go to bed at 7PM and still wake up at 4AM. Ultimately, I just gave up. I'm not sure if waking up at 4AM is even a bad thing, as long as you are still getting the needed hours.

I'm not sure if the cause was the same however. I had forced myself to wake up at 4AM due to work by the alarm, and at some point I would begin waking before the alarm and then just stopped it entirely.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: November 17, 2019, 04:38:00 pm »

I have this happen too, usually I just wake up thirsty. Do you wake up thirsty? If so, try drinking more water before going to sleep
I do, come to think of it. For me, it's like some kind of balancing act; drink too little, and I wake up at 2 to drink. Drink too much, and I wake up at 2 needing to take a piss.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if one can easily. I too have a similar issue.  My only solution I found was to go to bed earlier. I've gone to bed at 9PM and wake up at 4AM and then go to bed at 7PM and still wake up at 4AM. Ultimately, I just gave up. I'm not sure if waking up at 4AM is even a bad thing, as long as you are still getting the needed hours.

I'm not sure if the cause was the same however. I had forced myself to wake up at 4AM due to work by the alarm, and at some point I would begin waking before the alarm and then just stopped it entirely.

In my case, the cause is probably the antipsychotics that I take to sleep. I end up waking up at 4 or so, fully awake. That screws with my circadian rhythm. Really, the only reason why I'm asking is because it's depressing to wait 2-3 hours doing basically nothing before I can get the day started.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: November 17, 2019, 06:17:59 pm »

Really, the only reason why I'm asking is because it's depressing to wait 2-3 hours doing basically nothing before I can get the day started.
Apparently, you're supposed to use that time for "constructive purposes" like exercising or doing household chores or something.

Sounds like heresy to me, but what do I know?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: November 18, 2019, 09:23:37 am »

In my case, the cause is probably the antipsychotics that I take to sleep. I end up waking up at 4 or so, fully awake. That screws with my circadian rhythm. Really, the only reason why I'm asking is because it's depressing to wait 2-3 hours doing basically nothing before I can get the day started.

Good news! Depression will make sure you don't wake up before your alarm goes off. Or after.

You might consider a puff or two of pot about half hour (it relaxes you, but also increases blood pressure. And too much can mess with your brain.) before bed to relax instead of drinking. It's less unhealthy, anyway.

Apparently, you're supposed to use that time for "constructive purposes" like exercising or doing household chores or something.

Like my meth-head former neighbors? Just vacuuming away for an hour or so every day at 3 am. (I was semi-willing to put up with that, but when their dozen loads of laundry per day started backing up the wastewater so it was running down the wall in my living room, it became A Thing.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: November 18, 2019, 10:13:52 am »

Good news! Depression will make sure you don't wake up before your alarm goes off. Or after.

You might consider a puff or two of pot about half hour (it relaxes you, but also increases blood pressure. And too much can mess with your brain.) before bed to relax instead of drinking. It's less unhealthy, anyway.

Struggling to see how it’s less unhealthy to be inhaling a burning herb, usually involving inhaling a stupendously addictive substance alongside, not to mention the likely severe punitive concerns should they be caught with it, meaning they likely also can’t be certain of its provenance and/or the particular strain they might be receiving, than it is to have a drink of alcohol, which wouldn’t really be useful anyway since it only helps you get to sleep, not stay asleep, and again, depending on locale, could come with punitive concerns. /excessive run on

Baking the herb into something would be a bit safer, but you would have to be aware that the high doesn’t hit you ‘til a while later, and the punitive concerns are still extant. You also need to know how to bake.

Like my meth-head former neighbors? Just vacuuming away for an hour or so every day at 3 am. (I was semi-willing to put up with that, but when their dozen loads of laundry per day started backing up the wastewater so it was running down the wall in my living room, it became A Thing.)

They can do something quiet :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: November 18, 2019, 11:19:08 am »

Struggling to see how it’s less unhealthy to be inhaling a burning herb, usually involving inhaling a stupendously addictive substance alongside, not to mention the likely severe punitive concerns should they be caught with it, meaning they likely also can’t be certain of its provenance and/or the particular strain they might be receiving, than it is to have a drink of alcohol, which wouldn’t really be useful anyway since it only helps you get to sleep, not stay asleep, and again, depending on locale, could come with punitive concerns. /excessive run on

Butane (from a lighter)? I'm not sure what else you'd inhale it with.

Also, yeah, consider it, but also consider local legality concerns.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: November 18, 2019, 11:19:48 am »

Judging by how these things usually go,  I assume nicotine

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: November 18, 2019, 07:38:37 pm »

So, would one look stupid wearing tweed to graduation? As the graduate, of course.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: November 18, 2019, 08:15:28 pm »

I’ve never heard of tweed, can you describe it?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: November 18, 2019, 09:24:32 pm »

You might consider a puff or two of pot about half hour (it relaxes you, but also increases blood pressure. And too much can mess with your brain.) before bed to relax instead of drinking. It's less unhealthy, anyway
I think you may have misunderstood me. I don't drink alcohol, I just drink water.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: November 18, 2019, 09:36:58 pm »

I’ve never heard of tweed, can you describe it?
Well Tweed was a notoriously corrupt politician from 19th century New York. Eventually died in prison for his crimes.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: November 18, 2019, 09:57:21 pm »

Ewwww, imagine seeing the use of 'spin' as the default way of smoking. :-X

Also, tweed in this context is a clothing pattern. I have no idea where and when it is appropriate to wear, however. Maybe just wear what you want and dab on the haters/your fellow graduates?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: November 18, 2019, 10:37:00 pm »

I have no idea where and when it is appropriate to wear, however.
Oxford, first half of the 20th century. Unless one's a mathematician, in which case everywhere, always.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: November 18, 2019, 11:28:16 pm »

Ewwww, imagine seeing the use of 'spin' as the default way of smoking. :-X

Also, tweed in this context is a clothing pattern. I have no idea where and when it is appropriate to wear, however. Maybe just wear what you want and dab on the haters/your fellow graduates?

I think tweed and dabbing are mutually exclusive.

When you say you’re wearing tweed, Dwarfy, like... how much, and what kind of pattern?

‘cause you won’t look stupid in tweed per se, I just think it has connotations that older folk might wear it. Like an uncle with wandering hands.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: November 19, 2019, 12:02:42 am »

Everything you could possibly want to know about tweed.

https://fsketcher.com/2017/12/23/fabric-tweed/
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 636