Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 673323 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5370 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:00 am »

Hrm, see, I like the idea of tweed. And I was reading up on suits, which told me that my body type (tall and thin) suited heavy cloth and light colours.

So I was like: hey, tweed.

I've not bought anything yet.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: November 20, 2019, 06:40:27 am »

To update my previous question.

Let's say G1 is girl who's into me and G2 is girl who's her friend who I'm into.

Anyway, there's a work related Christmas lunch. G2 asked if I was going. I said maybe. She said G1 was always talking about me. Thankfully someone else arrived and conversation moved on.

Not a question, as such. Just a ..... vent? .... in a thread where it's relevant.

I maintain it's a tricksy social scenario though.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: November 20, 2019, 09:16:02 am »

Propose a threesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: November 20, 2019, 12:20:03 pm »

I'm given to understand that a tweed vest over a nice button up dress shirt looks good. For inspiration try looking up Professor Badass. He's got a bunch of memetic pictures of him wearing tweed and old-fashioned type fabric very fashionably.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: November 20, 2019, 12:40:55 pm »

I'm definitely getting a waistcoat. Hadn't considered a tweed one!

Propose a threesome.
Nah m8 I'll not kink shame you though.

Also, G2 is telling me on Facebook how great it would be if I can go to the dinner. (I'm not sure whether I can get it off work).

I am actually so confused. Is she saying that because she wants me to go, or because she's trying to set me up with her mate? Hrrrrrm.

Chronic overthinking is chronic.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: November 20, 2019, 01:12:57 pm »

Propose a threesome.

Also, G2 is telling me on Facebook how great it would be if I can go to the dinner. (I'm not sure whether I can get it off work).

I am actually so confused. Is she saying that because she wants me to go, or because she's trying to set me up with her mate? Hrrrrrm.

I don’t know. Maybe when you are there you can ask about it? I am not a socialite so take this advice as merely a guess at what would be considered acceptable. Is it normal to ask someone about intended subtexts? Probably not, I suppose you can find out by showing up and observing

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: November 20, 2019, 01:31:22 pm »

Go to that dinner and humor G1's advances*. In the following hours/days, if G2 keeps her normal behavior then she was shipping you two, if she starts trying to get your attention or overshadow G1 then she wanted you for herself and is now somewhat jealous.

Prepare for drama  ;D :D

* Unless you find her utterly heinous or whatever.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: November 20, 2019, 01:51:02 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: November 20, 2019, 01:55:37 pm »

Propose a threesome.

You’re not overthinking it, ‘cause those are two possibilities of the interaction.

Whether or not you’re going, you might want to say you would have enjoyed spending time with her, though, so she knows you want in her pants, and not G1s.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: November 20, 2019, 02:04:45 pm »

Propose a threesome.

You’re not overthinking it, ‘cause those are two possibilities of the interaction.

Whether or not you’re going, you might want to say you would have enjoyed spending time with her, though, so she knows you want in her pants, and not G1s.

I would personally prefer this course of action over leading G1 on for the sake of testing G2's interest/jealousy.

And yes, G2 is trying to set you up with G1. You already know this, but you don't want to acknowledge it because that would mean a scenario where your chances with G2 are diminished or nonexistent.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: November 20, 2019, 02:38:05 pm »

I would personally prefer this course of action over leading G1 on for the sake of testing G2's interest/jealousy.

And yes, G2 is trying to set you up with G1. You already know this, but you don't want to acknowledge it because that would mean a scenario where your chances with G2 are diminished or nonexistent.

But our friend Th4DwArfy1 here, needs to confirm or disprove this by himself, so he can move either keep chasing G2 or move on.

Honestly I don't see what's bad with leading G1, it's about flirting back and maybe go on a date with her, not lying trying to shag her. People can go out on a few "exploratory" dates before concluding whether they want to go further and it's perfectly normal should they decide they don't want to.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: November 20, 2019, 02:56:01 pm »

Honestly I don't see what's bad with leading G1, it's about flirting back and maybe go on a date with her, not lying trying to shag her. People can go out on a few "exploratory" dates before concluding whether they want to go further and it's perfectly normal should they decide they don't want to.
The difference is that he's previously determined that he wants nothing to do with G1 (in the romantic sense, so far as I know the professional relationship is fine enough?). He's already decided that he doesn't want it to go any further than where it's at now; which is nothing.

Exploratory dates are great! ...so long as people communicate and are on more or less the same page. Going out on a date with someone and feeling like things are going well hurts a lot more when you find out that they were never interested to begin with. At all.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: November 20, 2019, 03:23:10 pm »

The difference is that he's previously determined that he wants nothing to do with G1 (in the romantic sense, so far as I know the professional relationship is fine enough?). He's already decided that he doesn't want it to go any further than where it's at now; which is nothing.

In that case there is no reason to go down that path.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: November 20, 2019, 05:14:44 pm »

Propose a threesome.

Quite possible, but I have had more bants with G2 than G1. We spoke at great length about shared interest. And she wanted to know my next shift to see when we would work together again, suggesting some interest outside simply hooking me up.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: November 20, 2019, 06:24:50 pm »

‘Matchmaker falls for the man she was trying to match with her friend’
Sounds like an anime plot to me!
I anticipate lots of drama
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear