Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 676660 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #6840 on: January 08, 2021, 07:53:10 am »

I mean Varangian 10/10
Praetorian like
3/10
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: January 08, 2021, 08:46:03 am »

Why use plastic at all?  Plastic leeches into your water, which is not healthy. Plastic pollutes.

Use a couple of glass bottles (I saved Snapple bottles while they were still made of glass) and wash them in the dishwasher or by filling with very hot water & a drop of dishwashing liquid and shaking vigorously & washing the spout and lid with a soapy dishcloth. Voila, use them for many years, save the environment and your health at the same time.
Biggest consistent issue I've had with glass is that it breaks. There's probably still better options than plastic, but if your household has old people or just folks with inconsistent grip for whatever reason having shit laying around that spontaneously turns into shrapnel for the feet is less than ideal :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: January 08, 2021, 10:03:56 am »

I guess it implies that the 'ally' MUST lend aid? An attempt to tie them down, I guess.

Many people are now saying "co-conspirator."

It by no means implies that the 'ally' must lend aid. Everyone is very aware of the possibility of being betrayed when support becomes inconvenient. 'Ally' just distinguishes between people in affected group who are working together and people outside it who want to help.

EDIT: Where I first started hearing "ally" though was in the context of gay-straight alliances in high school. "Ally" just meant "people who are willing to temporarily follow the rules of a queer-centric space." Often this was a cover for queer people who weren't out of the closet so that they could attend the meeting.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:28:55 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: January 08, 2021, 11:05:09 am »

my cousins are attempting the Tide-Pod challenge

if they eat a tidepod will it kill them or will they just get sick
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: January 08, 2021, 11:10:11 am »

my cousins are attempting the Tide-Pod challenge

if they eat a tidepod will it kill them or will they just get sick

It's poison and can cause caustic burns to the interior of the mouth and esophagus that require surgery to repair. From Wikipedia: "Consumer Reports published a story discussing the contents of laundry detergent pods and the consequences of ingesting them, which can include death."

Inform their parents. Like, right this minute.

EDIT: Just noticed you are 14. If you aren't comfortable contacting their parents tell them (the cousins) to stop and tell your parents right away so they can get in touch with the adults. This might not seem like the cool thing to do, but I had to make a similar call as a teenager to the parents of a friend and she was grateful. This is a bad situation and you have the power to stop it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:18:21 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6845 on: January 08, 2021, 11:26:08 am »

Laundry detergents and other similar detergents can be powerful enough to damage the skin on the outside, which is infinitely more resilient than our squishy purple interiors. The Tide Pod Challenge is about a half-step away from chugging arsenic for the Epic Memes. There is no quantity of hilarity worth the amount of suffering it'll cause.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: January 08, 2021, 01:56:58 pm »

Inform their parents. Like, right this minute.

Already ahead of you bud, luckily i told them just in time
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: January 08, 2021, 02:00:41 pm »

The "tide-pop challenge" is still a thing?  ::)
Every day we stray further from the light
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: January 08, 2021, 02:01:26 pm »

Already ahead of you bud, luckily i told them just in time

Good stuff. I'm legit relieved.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: January 09, 2021, 08:37:00 pm »

How often does the gender of a person not match their pronouns? It's not like someone identifying as a woman but allowing they/them, but more like them wanting they/them exclusively despite the whole "woman" thing. I experienced that (believed I was male, but wanted they/them for 5 days), and I can't imagine that being a state that people stay in for a particularly long time. I have it as a flag (in the programming sense) for people, under "gender-pronoun incongruity", but I'm not sure if it's worth keeping track of, considering that it seems like a transitional state between identities more than anything else.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: January 09, 2021, 09:10:45 pm »

They matches basically anything, though. That's why it's pretty great.

Pretty sure I've ran into a few folks that were more or less male/female but still preferred they just because it's less trouble overall, though. Some that'll prefer something that "mismatches" just to screw with people. Etc. So it happens.

... personally I just don't care much. They tends to be easier, I present male in most ways so he is most common, but I get gendered as female regularly due to my name and vocal preferences (pitch shifting down far enough to be easily recognized as male takes more effort than I can usually be bothered with) -- so much and so constantly for so long I'm well past the point of giving a fuck about being called m'am or whatever. So like, whatever, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: January 09, 2021, 09:22:55 pm »

<3
How often does the gender of a person not match their pronouns? It's not like someone identifying as a woman but allowing they/them, but more like them wanting they/them exclusively despite the whole "woman" thing. I experienced that (believed I was male, but wanted they/them for 5 days), and I can't imagine that being a state that people stay in for a particularly long time. I have it as a flag (in the programming sense) for people, under "gender-pronoun incongruity", but I'm not sure if it's worth keeping track of, considering that it seems like a transitional state between identities more than anything else.
I haven't really encountered that I don't think.  I have encountered many cis people who accept they/them, as you say, but not ones who dislike their gender's pronouns.

It's an interesting concept that reminds me of living a binary gender and hating the gender binary, wanting to abolish it.  (apparently being aware that gender is a social construct, but not liking "either" option).  Maybe their goal is to further normalize they/them as much as possible, a goal I can get behind... and maybe saving he/she pronouns for the rare cases where gender is actually relevant?

That's just a guess.  It's much more common for people to just be cool with they/them along with their gender pronouns, especially cis allies <3
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: January 09, 2021, 11:22:24 pm »

There's apparently a thing with some butch lesbians using he/him, though I haven't met any in person.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: January 09, 2021, 11:37:55 pm »

Apparently I dreamed about posting this because it doesn't show up in my posts. What.

With me you can use "they/them" pronounds but I really prefer "she/her". Do not use "he/him", it annoys me greatly. I don't know why but it's like nails on chalkboard.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: January 09, 2021, 11:43:52 pm »

Right on, good to to know.
Edit:  Max is gender neutral here but I feel like people assume male.  So thanks for clarifying.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 636