Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 635

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 667099 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Chinese plastic organs?]
« Reply #960 on: December 23, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

The fact that every time I meet somebody with Steam they try to get me to get Steam just frightens me. D: :P
Despite constant pressure from my family, I still haven't joined this Steam-cult they keep talking about.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Praise GabeN!]
« Reply #961 on: December 23, 2014, 08:34:23 pm »

-snip-
Hey, I didn't use Steam either until a Bay12 person made me! They wanted to play Civ V.

And I'm glad I did, too! I never buy anything (well, except Portal 2, which was maybe £3:00) and instead I get the odd gift from Christmas giveaways and the like. I can also download and uninstall/reinstall my games whenever I want to. I've only been on Steam...less than a year, I think.
It is too late. You have already been corrupted. The End User License Agreement you checked "yes" to had a dark hex cast upon it. Should Gabe Newell the Evil ever command anything of you, you would find yourself a helpless puppet at his beck and call. Your soul is his now, DwArfY.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 23, 2014, 09:03:20 pm »

Is nobody going to comment on my totally rad image editing skills :(
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 23, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »

Is nobody going to comment on my totally rad image editing skills :(
Your image editing skills are totally rad, broski.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 24, 2014, 12:15:06 am »

Anybody gonna answer the question floating right there?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 24, 2014, 12:40:33 am »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 24, 2014, 07:07:17 am »

-snip-
Hey, I didn't use Steam either until a Bay12 person made me! They wanted to play Civ V.

And I'm glad I did, too! I never buy anything (well, except Portal 2, which was maybe £3:00) and instead I get the odd gift from Christmas giveaways and the like. I can also download and uninstall/reinstall my games whenever I want to. I've only been on Steam...less than a year, I think.
It is too late. You have already been corrupted. The End User License Agreement you checked "yes" to had a dark hex cast upon it. Should Gabe Newell the Evil ever command anything of you, you would find yourself a helpless puppet at his beck and call. Your soul is his now, DwArfY.
For all we know, he already has...
I mean, Portal 2 could be a piece of crap and we've all just been brainwashed into loving it by the power of Steam...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 24, 2014, 08:29:36 am »

-snip-

I mean, Portal 2 could be a piece of crap and we've all just been brainwashed into loving it by the power of Steam...
I dunno I'm a console gamer and I love it
Acctually I was replaying it again just the other day

Anybody gonna answer the question floating right there?
No Man's Sky on Xbox One: Probably.

Ya ummm when I googled my question that's all I got was a mixed bag of yes no and maybe. I wasn't sure if anyone had a good source saying definitly yes or definitly no........
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 24, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

-snip-

Yeah it really is good, unless they've managed to advance sufficiently to circumvent my tinfoil hat mind control countermeasures.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 28, 2014, 06:34:26 am »

Is the tinfoil hat made by Mann Co.?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 28, 2014, 08:37:33 pm »

A question for those better at programming than me:

I'm trying to pick up C, and I've encountered a problem. I have a bunch of integers that I want to convert to strings, but I want the strings to be padded with zeros, so I can concatenate them and have a consistent result. Normally I can find solutions to my programming problems by googling, but any attempt to find a solution to this is flooded by people who want to print the result, and are told to use the padding ability built into the various print functions. Since I'm not printing the result, this is of no use to me.

To clarify, I want to get a function datetostr such that datetostr(2014,6,20) will return the string "20140620".

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 28, 2014, 08:51:07 pm »

You know how printf prints a formatted string? Well, sprintf is exactly like that, except instead of printing the formatted text, it returns the result as a string, and won't print anything.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »

Thanks, I'm new to C and the various print functions are confusing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 28, 2014, 09:04:00 pm »

Don't forget we have a dedicated programming thread, if you have coding related questions. Probably better chance someone familiar with programming is paying attention to that one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 28, 2014, 10:30:21 pm »

You know how printf prints a formatted string? Well, sprintf is exactly like that, except instead of printing the formatted text, it returns the result as a string, and won't print anything.

what dude so useful thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 635