Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691215 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1905 on: January 14, 2016, 04:43:57 pm »

Okay this is a weird one.

There is that japanese thing when person wiggles hips from side to side while putting hands up to the head and clenching palms like if those were cat ears. I'm pretty sure this odd dance had some specific name and tune assigned to it, but maybe not.
So the question is, does that thing has a colloquial name or is it just some random japanese thing I remembered out of the blue?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1906 on: January 14, 2016, 04:46:04 pm »

Okay this is a weird one.

There is that japanese thing when person wiggles hips from side to side while putting hands up to the head and clenching palms like if those were cat ears. I'm pretty sure this odd dance had some specific name and tune assigned to it, but maybe not.
So the question is, does that thing has a colloquial name or is it just some random japanese thing I remembered out of the blue?
Caramelldansen, Comrade.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 14, 2016, 04:50:11 pm »

Yes, that's it. Thank you.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 16, 2016, 04:48:02 am »

Should I start a thread in Other Games about the sequel to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare?
It's currently having an open beta and it's pretty cool from what I've seen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 16, 2016, 01:38:36 pm »

What happened to poketwo?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 16, 2016, 01:39:49 pm »

Twas banned for repeated flaming offenses and bigoted remarks
It's FEF, not FEOF

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 17, 2016, 01:06:12 pm »

There's an Asian martial art that's now used (at least in the west) primarily as a form of exercise, and the one thing I remember is the motion of moving your arms slowly in a windmill fashion which was apparently originally supposed to be you throwing dirt into the other person's face.

Can anyone remember the name of this?
Tai Chi.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 18, 2016, 10:20:44 pm »

I've started going to the gym because fitness is good. (I actually don't mind the exercise, most people seem to hate it.) Anyways, I want to start lifting weights but really have no idea where to start, and most of my friends do not know their way around the gym. There are a lot of beginner guides it seems like, but the fitness literature is all way crazy commercialized and I don't trust any of the sites on the internet with giant greased up men trying to tell me what I'm supposed to do. So, a couple questions:

1.) Where can I find a really good guide/book/whatever for a skinny person trying to build muscle through weight lifting and has very very little familiarity with workout routines or anything? Like, I don't really know how to properly use free weights at all lack of familiarity.
2.) I know a lot of people tend to say that the selectorized lifting machines are bad, but I don't really understand why that is? They are much easier to use, and free weights are terrifying (particularly because I don't really have a buddy to spot me or anything).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 20, 2016, 05:15:43 pm »

I figure this thread is more suited to it:
Why is this tweet worth being banned off twitter? I don't recognise who the guy is.
I have no idea who the guy in the picture is, or why it's offensive enough to get b&.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:14 pm »

I have to get car insurance and its likely to cost quite a bit because of where I live + how old I am.

Any basic advice I should know about?  No one I know in person has anything useful to say.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 21, 2016, 10:54:05 am »

Any basic advice I should know about?  No one I know in person has anything useful to say.

These are pretty specific things to ask advice about, and you don't give nearly enough input. It really varies drastically based on where you live, starting with country, state/region, might even go as far as particular cities, there will be substantial differences.

Now I have an issue with Undertale functioning incorrectly. Spoilered, well, because.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 21, 2016, 10:59:51 am »

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 21, 2016, 11:06:56 am »

Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 21, 2016, 11:12:24 am »

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 638