Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 635

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 667075 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2730 on: October 06, 2016, 11:22:42 am »

Shadowbanning happens over the whole of reddit, subreddit mods can't do anything about it. Make a new account?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: October 06, 2016, 11:54:31 am »

Nah, some moderator called xandan de-shadowbanned me, he said it was Auto-Moderator's issues. Anyway, if xandan is reading this forum (and this thread), then i want to say that you're the best, sir/ma'am.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: October 06, 2016, 02:04:13 pm »

So... there is a term called "Hot" which describes kind of how illegal something is.

Well not so much how illegal it is but how much people would be willing to legally defend it. or rather how dangerous it is to take, own, and/or sell.

So a expensive painting is often so hot that it cannot be sold (usually only blackmailed back) because no one would buy it.

---

Is there a term of how dangerous something is to take, own, and sell in terms of being defended by illegal means? Or is that also hot?

Watching a show where these guys stole a million from a gun racketeer... Yet I was just sitting there going "I wouldn't have taken the money, its too hot"
As (#trufax) a diabolical global crime mastermind, I believe it's hot for that too.

I think the term is actually related to '(The) Heat', that being the law enforcement. So, hot goods are goods that bring down Heat, i.e. cops, on you. Simple as that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: October 06, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »

What exactly happens to something when a warp drive runs into it?

Like if you had a spaceship with the theoretical Alcubierre whatever, and you drove that into a wall, what happens to the wall?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: October 06, 2016, 08:05:24 pm »

What exactly happens to something when a warp drive runs into it?

Like if you had a spaceship with the theoretical Alcubierre whatever, and you drove that into a wall, what happens to the wall?
A question about your question: are you asking about the real Alcubierre drive or the theoretical Alcubierre drive?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 06, 2016, 09:07:14 pm »

Taking a wild guess, I'd say that first the wall would be warped, and then the ship would hit it and be kill.
I might just be misunderstanding how Alcubierre drives work, though.

Warp Drive would pass through the wall because you aren't moving through space, you are going through subspace.

Though they implied that you CAN hit objects at warp speed... I can only guess once an object is dense enough it has a warp signature...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: October 06, 2016, 10:04:57 pm »

Did you ever watch the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh? The way the Pharaoh says "Exodia! Obliterate!" sounds a lot like that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: October 07, 2016, 03:20:10 am »

Obliterate has always been that word, Caroline.

(She knows too much, shut down the simulation!)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 07, 2016, 03:21:39 pm »

Anyone know where I can get poetry mixed with art? I've had an unfulfilled hankering for poem-art for quite a while now. I've looked and found the odd quote-and-art thing, but not the entire poem. It's annoying that there's no market for poetry posters.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: October 11, 2016, 04:28:45 pm »

Is my avatar showing up for you guys?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: October 11, 2016, 04:31:51 pm »

Nope
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: October 11, 2016, 04:32:41 pm »

Nada.
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: October 11, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »

Ah well. Thanks, I'll go fix it now.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 11, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »

grumpybumpers was temporarily suspended, but it's now verified so it'll be up again. That was why your avatar and Descan's were down.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: October 11, 2016, 04:40:48 pm »

grumpybumpers was temporarily suspended, but it's now verified so it'll be up again. That was why your avatar and Descan's were down.
Huh. I see. Aw, whatever, I was gonna change it anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 635