Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358]

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 234550 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5355 on: May 17, 2019, 06:15:04 pm »

It does read like a very love-bitter comment about people :P
\genitalia that is theorized to be designed for multiple, successive male partners for a single female.
how exactly does one determine that?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: May 17, 2019, 07:39:22 pm »

Presumably see how much damage the practice would do, for a start. Designed probably isn't the right word for it, mind, but if multiple partners like, kill the prospective mother or somethin' (bedbugs, ferex, iirc. Incidentally, you're probably better off not knowing how they breed if you don't already), you can assume the bitsies aren't well equipped for it. Then stuff like what kag mentioned. Probably other concerns. Trying to piece together what's fairly inaccurately called design is pretty complicated under the best of conditions. Human reproduction is very much not best conditions.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: May 17, 2019, 11:12:08 pm »

When they show Marvel movies on TV, how do they deal with the post-credits stinger? I know when they show a movie on cable television, usually they either omit the credits entirely or play ads or the next show on top of it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: May 18, 2019, 01:36:23 am »

It does read like a very love-bitter comment about people :P
\genitalia that is theorized to be designed for multiple, successive male partners for a single female.
how exactly does one determine that?
The shape of the head is supposed to "scoop out" ejaculate from previous partners in order to make room for the new partner's contribution, thereby increasing chances for the newest partner to have their genetic material carried on instead of the one before.

Which is a pretty specific condition for that to be used in, considering time constraints.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: May 19, 2019, 12:20:02 pm »

When they show Marvel movies on TV, how do they deal with the post-credits stinger? I know when they show a movie on cable television, usually they either omit the credits entirely or play ads or the next show on top of it.
From what Iíve seen, they play the credits up to the mid credits scene, then immediately jump to the post credits scene. Then they flash the remaining credits in the span of 10 seconds before starting the next program. I think this was for FX, though different channels will vary
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: May 20, 2019, 01:35:45 am »

Over here they usually do like a few seconds (maybe not more than a couple, hard to estimate), then a scene, then a beat and the second scene if there is one.

Movies with blooper runs during the credits also gets those shown.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: May 20, 2019, 02:02:49 pm »

So... Someone who actually attended a school during their lifetime and learned this stuff: How/why does (2a+2b)ab = 2ab(a+b)? Google is being incredibly unhelpful in turning up resources that explain the reasoning, and if it's an obvious answer I'm too tired after coughing my way through the day to grasp it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: May 20, 2019, 02:06:02 pm »

Forget the ab outside the parentheses for a moment. Then it's basically just (2a+2b)=2(a+b).

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: May 21, 2019, 03:26:54 am »

The "why" of it is referred to as the distributive property over addition, if that helps.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: May 21, 2019, 04:09:00 am »

If I wanted to start a Drunk Fortress turn after all ths time, would I be better off starting a new game/world or trying to load the last old save I can find?       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: May 21, 2019, 05:22:04 am »

Last save appears to be made in DF 0.43.05, if the DFFD listing is correct. Please interject if I'm wrong, but the current version (0.44.12) has nothing new that you'd have to generate a new world for.

...unless, of course, the initial world was generated in DF 0.40.24 or earlier, in which case, may as well generate a new world. (If there is no poetry/music/instruments/whatever in the world, then it came from 0.40.24 or earlier)
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358]