Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355]

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 262981 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5310 on: November 20, 2019, 03:23:10 pm »

The difference is that he's previously determined that he wants nothing to do with G1 (in the romantic sense, so far as I know the professional relationship is fine enough?). He's already decided that he doesn't want it to go any further than where it's at now; which is nothing.

In that case there is no reason to go down that path.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: November 20, 2019, 05:14:44 pm »

I'm definitely getting a waistcoat. Hadn't considered a tweed one!

Propose a threesome.
Nah m8 I'll not kink shame you though.

Also, G2 is telling me on Facebook how great it would be if I can go to the dinner. (I'm not sure whether I can get it off work).

I am actually so confused. Is she saying that because she wants me to go, or because she's trying to set me up with her mate? Hrrrrrm.

Chronic overthinking is chronic.

You’re not overthinking it, ‘cause those are two possibilities of the interaction.

Whether or not you’re going, you might want to say you would have enjoyed spending time with her, though, so she knows you want in her pants, and not G1s.

I would personally prefer this course of action over leading G1 on for the sake of testing G2's interest/jealousy.

And yes, G2 is trying to set you up with G1. You already know this, but you don't want to acknowledge it because that would mean a scenario where your chances with G2 are diminished or nonexistent.
Quite possible, but I have had more bants with G2 than G1. We spoke at great length about shared interest. And she wanted to know my next shift to see when we would work together again, suggesting some interest outside simply hooking me up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: November 20, 2019, 06:24:50 pm »

‘Matchmaker falls for the man she was trying to match with her friend’
Sounds like an anime plot to me!
I anticipate lots of drama
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: November 20, 2019, 07:18:19 pm »

Family tradition, even. My mum wrote love poems for my dad... and gave them to her friend so she could woo him XD

Tbf they got together a fair bit after that, not immediately.

Also just saying I anticipated drama from the beginning, despite you naysayers!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: Today at 03:50:32 pm »

Doublepost 'cause it's relevant.

G2 is messaging me over FB - again about this dinner thing, confirming that I can go (I got a text from my manager saying "I believe you wanted to go," and G2 seems to be the one to have mentioned it to her). This led to a conversation which, even in my ignorant state, I believe classifies as flirting. She said, for instance, that she can read me like a book. I said "still be a better book than anything Austen could write" (she's said she loves Austen, I've said she was meh). She replied with frowny faces, but then "You're not wrong though." She also said I was funny.

Like, is it just me or is that flirtometer-beeps worthy? She really seems to have taken the wheel on this whole dinner thing. It was her who suggested it. Her who practically bullied a manager into talking about it to me. Her who's been following me up about it on FB. Her who has said repeatedly that it's great I'm going.

If it weren't for the 'helping my friend get a date' angle I think I'd be convinced.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: Today at 04:05:51 pm »

She’s either the best wingman ever or wants to see you in a more personal capacity.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: Today at 04:12:41 pm »

Huh, anime? Sounds more like an American chick-flick.

That's just not how they'd set things up in an anime version of a romcom. Now, if she was friends with they guy to start with (most likely childhood friend or next door neighbor), and he got some rando girlfriend, and only then she realized she liked him all along, that would be believable that it could be an anime plot. But not the specific plot you described. Partly because an anime version of a romcom will go for minimum of 12 episodes vs the 90 minutes of a chick-flick movie. If she's friends with the female rival then they can't just eject her from the story to focus on the main characters.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:37:32 pm by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: Today at 07:19:11 pm »

Huh, anime? Sounds more like an American chick-flick.

I just immediately associated the trope of ‘matchmaker crush’ with the 2007 anime School Days... which ends rather poorly for the male protag. He had it coming for being a brainless cheating bastard tho
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355]