Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 674467 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5686 on: March 30, 2020, 02:23:28 pm »

Has Madagascar actually shut down everything at this point?   

Yeah, actually, over a week ago.
Great, might as well restart the game can't win if they shut the borders, its like they want to prevent the death of everyone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: March 30, 2020, 03:22:17 pm »

Huh. Well, I hope it works out for them.

Unrelated random question: how do you say "I hope you choke on it" in French?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: March 30, 2020, 03:30:47 pm »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: March 30, 2020, 03:41:58 pm »

Quebecois, or bad French?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: March 30, 2020, 05:18:28 pm »

Has Madagascar actually shut down everything at this point?   

Yeah, actually, over a week ago.
Great, might as well restart the game can't win if they shut the borders, its like they want to prevent the death of everyone.
Sadly we're running a modded "reality" game, and it didn't take. Unfortunate, really. If all it took to shut down a global pandemic was to wall off Madagascar we'd have an easy out :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: March 31, 2020, 01:50:52 am »

I'm not too fussed, really, I just want something to say to cunts who say "bon apetit" at the start of a meal.   

@Frumple: jeez, stop being so sad. At least Madagascar  might (maybe) survive.       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: March 31, 2020, 03:23:25 am »

I'm not too fussed, really, I just want something to say to cunts who say "bon apetit" at the start of a meal.
Just respond with "Osteoporosis" and enjoy yourself.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: March 31, 2020, 10:39:51 am »

I always wish my fellows a good monkey boob at the start of dinner
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: March 31, 2020, 12:27:58 pm »

@Frumple: jeez, stop being so sad. At least Madagascar  might (maybe) survive.       

Ok, so something like a "Enculer ta mère" might be a bit strong. I'm not sure how you normally speak with friends, but "Salaud" is milder, and reads a bit like "salud", while being relatively polite, so that's pretty good. "Casse-toi" is more of a general "fuck off." "Ferme ta gueule" is more of a "shut the fuck up."

Con or Conne (feminine) is more just a way to call someone stupid or a jerk, which is probably what you're looking for.

Edit: Or just a "Je m’en fous" or "I don't give a fuck." Seems appropriate to this usage.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:31:07 pm by Iduno »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: April 02, 2020, 01:44:38 pm »

Quick Q for people who play a lot more roguelikes than me:

Do you like Nethack style where you walk into enemies to attack, or to have attacking be its own function assigned to a key?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: April 02, 2020, 06:36:44 pm »

Not being able to walk into enemies is generally a colossal pain in the ass. Not having special attacks (or attack modifiers, or whatever) tends to be boring.

Most of the time you just want both, basically, with the bump being some kind of default attack. ToME 4 does that just fine, many with bump as a primary melee means still have a dedicated melee attack key.

... also note the bump attack isn't so much a nethack thing as just a roguelike thing. Not many don't have that. Nethack wasn't even the first, so far as I'm aware.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: April 02, 2020, 09:30:16 pm »

Generally I'd consider the best set-up to be default-attack when walking into hostile creatures, but there should be a prompt when walking into neutrals, since it really sucks when there's a game where walking into townsfolk attacks them and then the villagers swarm you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: April 02, 2020, 10:06:33 pm »

Generally I'd consider the best set-up to be default-attack when walking into hostile creatures, but there should be a prompt when walking into neutrals, since it really sucks when there's a game where walking into townsfolk attacks them and then the villagers swarm you.

Non-hostile NPCs helps, especially if they get pushed (or whatever) instead of attacked.

My issue with push attacks come in when the game makes you travel 50 squares to get somewhere, and has no run function. You could just push the button 50 times, but you hold it down instead. Maps with less empty space help, as does having an auto-move/run function.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: April 04, 2020, 01:48:15 am »

I happen to have an old surveillance hard drive, and it seems to be working. Checking its SMART shows that its health is "Caution". chkdsk says "An unspecified error occurred", so there's probably something wrong with it. I was told that the drive was broken, so it's a bit strange that it's still working. It's less broken than what I'd expect when someone says something is broken.

Do surveillance systems err on the side of caution and declare that a drive has failed as soon as anything goes slightly wrong with it? Also, is it ever a good idea to reuse a hard drive that's in this state?
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 636