Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691162 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #7110 on: March 26, 2021, 01:28:39 pm »

Eyup. Most folks I've interacted with enough for the subject to come up at some point has those occasionally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: March 27, 2021, 06:54:51 am »

Has any home user ever copied over their entire disk after getting a new computer? Not "copy the important bits and reinstall programs", but a literal "move/clone the entire disk over to the new one". I'm sure this happens in office environments occasionally, but I'm talking about home users.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7112 on: March 27, 2021, 07:20:02 am »

Yes, hi.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: March 27, 2021, 07:51:27 am »

I swear people didn't do that. Looks like I'm wrong. I suppose it's not inherently difficult; even on Windows 7 and later with its activation scheme, you could always buy a new key for fuck-all and have it delivered straight to your email in minutes nowadays.

I suppose if there is Windows software that compiles itself only for the CPU architecture it's on, it would be mildly harder, but I think you'd be mistaking Windows for Gentoo. Paint.NET does that via ngen, but I'm fairly certain it still works even if you moved from a Pentium 4 to a Ryzen.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: March 27, 2021, 08:20:52 am »

Does anyone else get those days where there's nothing even remotely wrong, but for some reason their brain's just not working properly?

I mean... For large portions of my life, days like that were the norm. So, yeah :P

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: March 27, 2021, 08:31:10 am »

Has any home user ever copied over their entire disk after getting a new computer? Not "copy the important bits and reinstall programs", but a literal "move/clone the entire disk over to the new one". I'm sure this happens in office environments occasionally, but I'm talking about home users.

I usually physically move mine from one computer to another, but I've had to copy over entire drives before when one was failing.

Does anyone else get those days where there's nothing even remotely wrong, but for some reason their brain's just not working properly?

What is this "nothing even remotely wrong"? I don't think I've experienced that half of what you're asking.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: March 27, 2021, 08:36:09 am »

There is nothing happening in your life that would otherwise explain why your brain is not working. Illness or some sort of unpleasant experience, for example.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: March 27, 2021, 09:03:58 am »

Yes that happens to me sometimes. I feel NPC-y.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: March 27, 2021, 09:18:53 am »

Oh hey, I was forced to do that recently because my corporate Windows 7 key from a previous job stopped validating.  I *wanted* to go through the hassle of a fresh start, but instead I had to clone the image onto my new hard drive.  It worked better than I expected.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: March 27, 2021, 10:29:06 am »

Nah, I'll save a handful of files to carry over in a thumbdrive but that's it.

Leaving stuff behind is part of the "spring cleaning" of a new comp.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7120 on: March 27, 2021, 10:31:00 am »

even on Windows 7 and later with its activation scheme, you could always buy a new key for fuck-all and have it delivered straight to your email in minutes nowadays.

Windows doesn't even know it's moved. At least, in my case it didn't.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: March 27, 2021, 02:55:23 pm »

There is nothing happening in your life that would otherwise explain why your brain is not working. Illness or some sort of unpleasant experience, for example.
Basically. No depression, no tiredness, no exhaustion, no drugs, just a brain that's decided that thinking is a thing it doesn't want to do.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: March 27, 2021, 04:23:22 pm »

Sometimes the brain just need a snack and a break
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: March 27, 2021, 04:47:29 pm »

Basically. No depression, no tiredness, no exhaustion, no drugs, just a brain that's decided that thinking is a thing it doesn't want to do.

Do ya walk in the woods at least an hour a day?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: March 28, 2021, 01:48:30 am »

Sometimes the brain just need a snack and a break
You're not you when your hungry, Snickers satisfies.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 638