Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 635

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 666979 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #7650 on: September 07, 2021, 09:06:39 am »

Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want him to do you so much you could do anything?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: September 08, 2021, 05:02:55 am »

I don’t know if this goes in the science thread or not, but I’m curious what happens if you put agar on a Petri dish and just not put on a lid, would you get various species of bacteria from the air?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: September 08, 2021, 06:58:13 am »

I don’t know if this goes in the science thread or not, but I’m curious what happens if you put agar on a Petri dish and just not put on a lid, would you get various species of bacteria from the air?

Yep! This is basically the concept of sourdough bread, you allow for wild yeast strains present in the air to settle and start propagating in the food-rich environment.

It's what happens to most food, really. Even if you avoid direct contact with exposed food, it will still get contaminated by some sort of spore or bacteria or something, and will probably develop into a culture.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: September 08, 2021, 09:23:05 am »

It’s kinda weird to think this, but aren’t we all living cultures of various microbes?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: September 08, 2021, 02:05:59 pm »

What's the world's loudest, spammiest, most unmoderated, most shitposting discord? Is there a channel that is explicitly that? I figured next time I get a hatefit on the neighbourhood I can just leave that running and go touch some grass far away from here, let perfect strangers waste their time to rickroll these bastards.
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: September 08, 2021, 05:37:34 pm »

What's the world's loudest, spammiest, most unmoderated, most shitposting discord? Is there a channel that is explicitly that? I figured next time I get a hatefit on the neighbourhood I can just leave that running and go touch some grass far away from here, let perfect strangers waste their time to rickroll these bastards.
it would be difficult to find. Channels tend not to advertise their shirt post:spam:non shot post ratio unless that ratio has more non shitposts than some or shitposts. So far I haven’t found a discord that advertises ratios of any kind. Do you want me to make a discord channel to vent at? If you want to you should be able to change your nickname if desired, if I can figure out how to make sure that’s avaliable

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: September 08, 2021, 06:08:43 pm »

Aw nevermind don't waste your time on my spiteful ideas, the notion that you would take a few minutes out of your day to make an empty room for me to scream at, when I'm perfectly able to do it myself, just to be helpful, is kinda cute. Bless you.

Besides I realized as you said that, that I'd probably just have to go through a bunch of heavily advertised discords loosely associated to anything "dank", "deep fried", or "[insertnumber]-chan", and stay in the most frequented one, to yield something akin to the desired effect.
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: September 08, 2021, 08:52:07 pm »

I understand the rest but why is [number]-chan a shitpost magnet?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: September 09, 2021, 12:37:33 am »

The administration imposes no rules whatsoever.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: September 09, 2021, 06:27:58 am »

Is there a way to turn shitposts into composts
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: September 09, 2021, 07:43:47 am »

I think you're more likely to turn them into natural gas.
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: September 09, 2021, 04:28:47 pm »

There is a genus of archaeans that can use hydrogen sulfide and methane to metabolize for itself. I need to find the article again that mentions the products of said reaction. I mention this since methane is a natural gas, and it’s worth knowing that some life can eat it, said life does tend to live in volcanic springs though and environments with a pH of 2 to 3, there are lots of archaeans we haven’t been able to culture yet, learning of their existence through rRNA sequences and traces of their unique membrane chemicals

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: September 13, 2021, 05:43:13 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good mic for voice recording?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: September 13, 2021, 06:26:06 pm »

Blue's line of mics are reasonably priced and good enough for podcasts and the like. I have this guy. This advice is a few years old, so there are probably better options nowadays.

Also, learn how to dampen noise with something like Audacity (but not Audacity because it is now selling your data). It is super easy, takes only a couple seconds, and greatly improves your audio quality.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: September 13, 2021, 06:56:10 pm »

Yeah, I have that one too and it's really nice!  Mine isn't quite so shiny for some reason but it's been really great, apparently it's really good at only picking up my voice and not other noises.  particularly when I keep dropping it on the ground.  I guess that's one thing, I kept getting told I was too quiet unless I bring it pretty close to me, which meant balancing it on my easy-chair's armrest.  I guess a boom would be ideal.

The other weird about it, or at least mine, is that it requires mini-USB.  The one that's kinda trapezoidal and is barely used anymore.  so I feel pretty stupid about losing the cable because it's pretty tricky to replace at a store.  I ended up getting a set of USB adapters but the mini-USB one broke fairly quickly, RIP. 

So yeah don't lose the cable, or be ready to order a *real* one.  I couldn't even find one in the thrift store electronics department, and it's crazy how much cool stuff is just hanging around there.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 635