Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 635

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 667080 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #7665 on: September 13, 2021, 07:44:26 pm »

Right, the Blue Snowball doesn't have a large "range" but is pretty specific about what it picks up in exchange. I tended to put mine between my keyboard and myself, for general reference. It wouldn't pick up construction noises or neighbor noises unless they literally shook the desk it was on.

I think mine has the USB type B chunky boy - which would likely be impossible to replace without ordering online. I don't think any of my other electronics use that.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: September 13, 2021, 09:23:58 pm »

Ach, check your local thrift stores if you need older USB cables. Some of them have literal walls of the stuff. Similarly, I just ordered two mics on auction, the M-Audio Producer and the Samson C01UPRO, those also need USB-B plugs and I think I have one of them floating around. Hoping at least one of them doesn't suck, I'd hate to have to cave and find a Blue somewhere after thinking I'd already found a good deal here, heh.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: September 13, 2021, 09:50:34 pm »

I'm going to check again, yeah.  I'd rather not pay $7 plus shipping (and time) for a dang USB cable, and the thrift store is just such a delight anyway.  Also I was rushed, last time.  They've got this huge comic section...  Not to mention I keep meaning to get some more clothes, and there's no better place.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:49 pm »

Usb B is used by printers.

such cables can often be found that way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: September 14, 2021, 02:04:57 am »

Had some trouble finding one of those awhile back almost had to buy a printer so I could use the printer/scanner I'd already bought.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: September 14, 2021, 02:44:17 am »

Usb B is used by printers.

such cables can often be found that way.

I'm sure my work wouldn't notice a few of those going missing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: September 25, 2021, 06:46:01 am »

... does it count as a work dream if you work in a library but you're designating underground fantasy libraries for a conquered group of dwarfs in a city builder style UI in a dream?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: September 25, 2021, 01:50:33 pm »

With how all this aligns beautifully it sounds like you're living your best life. So I'm going to let you off with a verbal warning don't let me catch you again!
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: September 27, 2021, 05:55:45 pm »

How legal is it to write a check for exactly zero dollars and zero cents, like will my bank get mad or something

I get letters from my college asking for donations, like the fuck happened to the 40k I'm still paying off to this day, not to mention whatever students there I'm 'supporting with my donation'

If I can't do a non-check I'm putting a single penny in the return envelope, or maybe one of those car wash/chuck-e-cheese "not cash" tokens.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: September 27, 2021, 06:20:44 pm »

As near as I can tell it would probably be fully legal. It would also probably be unwise; beyond the whole "has checking information" shtick, there's sometimes processing fees of one sort or another, or other issues.

Better to take a picture of (a copy of) your diploma (or remaining debt, or whatever) you had something poop on and mail that. Gets the point across without possibly involving banking fees.

e: single penny is a good one, though. For extra poignancy, take a heavy pair of scissors to it and mail back a part of one roughly equal to how much student loans you have remaining to pay off. Half done, they get half a penny, etc.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:23:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: September 27, 2021, 09:11:43 pm »

How legal is it to write a check for exactly zero dollars and zero cents, like will my bank get mad or something

I get letters from my college asking for donations, like the fuck happened to the 40k I'm still paying off to this day, not to mention whatever students there I'm 'supporting with my donation'

If I can't do a non-check I'm putting a single penny in the return envelope, or maybe one of those car wash/chuck-e-cheese "not cash" tokens.

If I remember correctly, sending them 1 cent cost them more than you donated. Banks and credit cares "have to" take their fees as well. Usually they figure out what you did and leave you alone, but you also made the credit card companies profit, so...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: September 28, 2021, 04:03:42 am »

Would it be morally defensible to pay Blizzard for a copy of Diablo Resurrected at this juncture? Asking for a friend.

It's me. I'm the friend.

So's my friend, who got a copy and wants me to play the co-op we never managed to set up with classic.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: September 28, 2021, 04:40:01 am »

You have a moral obligation to attempt piracy first.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: September 28, 2021, 04:54:49 am »

Also I'm pretty sure project diablo 2 is more fun. Bigger inventories (are they still tiny in resurected?), corruptions to gamble with endgame gear, endgame content (maps, übers are harder too), stackable runes and gems, inventory hotkeys, and only real d2 veterans playing.

If you own the original it's free to try out, i haven't played DR but I'm pretty sure PD2 is made with more love.
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: September 28, 2021, 08:12:01 am »

tbh being moral would axe like 90% of the games industry

it's like avoiding nestle at the supermarket
I consume
I purchase
I consume again