Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691548 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8235 on: June 01, 2022, 09:27:10 am »

Do you recall ever having a dream with the feeling of rage/anger?

Yes.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: June 01, 2022, 04:37:15 pm »

Dreams are one of the few times I can feel anger, precisely because there are fewer inhibitions in the way of feeling it.

I've had plenty of heated arguments in my dreams. Very heated. ...tend to be a bit off for the rest of the day after a fight like that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: June 02, 2022, 02:38:34 am »

Yes, had an alarm going off and no matter what I did to it, it wouldn't stop beeping even after I threw it out the front door.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: June 02, 2022, 11:48:46 am »

Yes, had an alarm going off and no matter what I did to it, it wouldn't stop beeping even after I threw it out the front door.
Yeah, I hate those dreams.
You have to wake up in order to turn off the alarm.  Once you figure that out, you wake up.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: June 02, 2022, 06:42:18 pm »

Sometimes I wake up punching the wall after particular nightmares, yes. Its been a while thankfully. But I once had a dream I had a kid and they got kidnapped and I felt only righteous fury and chased the guy down. It was a hella weird dream overall though

Do you ever have dreams where you're not yourself, like, at all, you're occupying the body of someone or something completely different?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: June 02, 2022, 07:01:21 pm »

Yeah pretty commonly, it's great.  Usually I'm still a human or at least humanoid, but one of my favorite dreams was as a Doom-style floating skull cruising around a waterfall+lake.  Sometimes I'm just a cloud or semisolid shapeshifter.

I've also gotten pretty angry in dreams, but it doesn't tend to go well because it seems to trigger that "molasses" effect when I try to lash out (people usually mention it happening when they try to flee in a dream).  Meanwhile I have dreams where I'm doing incredible feats of athletics and combat, but only when it's a chill videogame-like thing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: June 02, 2022, 07:11:58 pm »

Do you ever have dreams where you're not yourself, like, at all, you're occupying the body of someone or something completely different?
Pretty regularly, and it's ran the gamut of everything from gender flipping to barreling around my (at the time) living room as a goat. It's great when I'm a giant robot or Wolverine or somethin'.

If there's, like, one thing (and quite possibly the only singular thing, 'cause basically everything else about it sucks and I haven't woke up feeling genuinely rested at approximately any point in my life) that I like about sleeping it's that my dreams tend to be pretty hella' rad. For all I throw shade at dream brain occasionally, dream brain is freaking awesome at what it does most days.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 07:14:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: June 02, 2022, 08:10:12 pm »

Protip: If you take several 10 minute naps, you get several dreams!
It interrupts the REM cycle so you can actually remember the dreams, rather than waking up rested because the dreams have ended.
Dwarven Surgeon General Warning: This is probably not a healthy thing to do...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: June 03, 2022, 02:47:47 am »

I don't think I've ever had a dream where I was someone else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8244 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:00 am »

Yeah, I've even had dreams where I've occupied multiple points of view at the same time or dreams where I am completely different

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: June 03, 2022, 06:45:32 am »

Last night I dreamed I was just walking along minding my own business out in a huge, beautiful landscape.  Suddenly a man in a grey suit & tweed jacket came running and said "Come with me!".  It seemed I knew who he was but I'm not certain now.  He led me into a shelter in a hill or mountain side and said that an atomic bomb was about to go off.  Inside, we somehow watched from a vast distance as Fat Boy destroyed Hiroshima.  This time, however, it was the start of a global nuclear war.  I don't remember much more other than we tried to get other people inside until it was too late.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: June 03, 2022, 07:41:55 am »

I don't think I've ever had a dream where I was someone else.
Just this morning I was bouncing between a sheriff and a lady gunfighter in a weird west setting going after a cthulhu-entity powered gentleman might-as-well-have-been-a supervillain. The gunfighter had a raygun in one hand and the other hand had a gun with an underslung circular saw (if that sounds orky as hell to you it was because it was orky as hell, shit was some propa dakka). After a minor confrontation where the gunfighter barely managed to break the skin of the underworld cultist mogul (and in doing so, impress them!), the sheriff managed to talk him out of a fight and to leave town.

It was pretty great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: June 03, 2022, 07:45:38 am »

That sounds like a really good boomershooter.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: June 03, 2022, 10:10:38 am »

Last night I dreamed I was just walking along minding my own business out in a huge, beautiful landscape.  Suddenly a man in a grey suit & tweed jacket came running and said "Come with me!".

This was as far as I got then this song started playing in my head
Love, scriver~

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: June 05, 2022, 06:08:11 am »

What does political ''left'' and ''right'' mean? I see wildly varied definitions for both. They mean different things in different nations.

What are they?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 638