Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 635

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 666759 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #9000 on: March 08, 2023, 10:57:51 pm »

i can and im one adult
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: March 08, 2023, 11:21:39 pm »

Does caffeine really darken blue eyes?
As near as I can tell from a googling, not exactly. It (apparently especially paired with salt, which most people have too much of in their diet) can exacerbate bags under the eyes, though, which due to biology nonsense can make your eyes look darker, even if there's no change to the structure of the stuff in your eyes that determine color.

So yes, but also no, or no, but also yes, depending on how you prefer to look at it. It doesn't appear to do anything to your eye color directly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: March 09, 2023, 03:15:04 am »

Can most adults touch their toes?
I've never been able to touch mine with out bending my knees a little, but if I bend my knees a lot I can touch my toes with my elbows.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: March 09, 2023, 03:42:44 am »

Ah that’s what the guy could do, I remember now…

I used to work with someone who was flexible enough to put the backs of his hands flat on the floor without bending his knees.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: March 09, 2023, 04:00:18 am »

I can touch my toes is it a big deal that I can?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: March 09, 2023, 06:57:04 am »

Can most adults touch their toes?
Never heard the first, can't do the second.

There's an exercise you can do to stretch out your legs. Lie on your back, have someone kneel and place a leg on their shoulder. Have them shuffle up to you to the point you feel strain (But not pain) then push down onto their shoulder until your leg is tired. Have them shuffle up a bit more (The exhaustion should loosen up your leg muscles, which is usually the cause of not being able to stretch fully), and repeat. Keep doing this until you either can't get any further or your leg is as far as you want. Then do the other leg.

Keep doing it and it should eventually loosen up the leg muscles permanently.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: March 09, 2023, 08:08:40 am »

Is general malaise while sick just the herd-protection response? Like am I supposed to just be easy prey right now?

Ah that’s what the guy could do, I remember now…

I used to work with someone who was flexible enough to put the backs of his hands flat on the floor without bending his knees.

Quite a while ago, I taught yoga - and let me tell you, getting paid to practice yoga makes you very flexible.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: March 09, 2023, 09:11:26 am »

Is general malaise while sick just the herd-protection response? Like am I supposed to just be easy prey right now?

I think it's more akin to your body telling you to stay put in your cave and don't put yourself into more danger while your immune system fights off the pathogen.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: March 09, 2023, 09:32:20 am »

Or maybe not even that, it might actually be your body using extra energy so you don't have as much to actually do things with.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: March 09, 2023, 10:50:09 am »

There is no "herd-protection response". Evolution never sacrifices the individual unless the individual is (biologically or synthetically) sterile (and even then, only for the sake of nuclear family); genes that promote self-sacrifice go to zero over even a modest term.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: March 09, 2023, 11:07:18 am »

Your feeling could be related to being cooped up inside. Try go outside getting fresh air, flexing tight muscles from staying too much in bed, some scenery change and distraction to relax could do you good. Also depending on what stage you are at, I might even suggest some light exercise, I find that all the above does wonders for my well being in the late stage of common diseases
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:12:16 pm by jipehog »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: March 09, 2023, 12:22:26 pm »

If there's an altruistic gene in a population which is widespread but rarely phenotypically active (e.g. it depends on an uncommon combination of multiple genes to manifest at all) the penalty selecting against it is minimized while the social benefit broader than immediate relatives may be significant enough to give the population harboring it an advantage over those without (and even in the temporary complete absence of positive selective pressure it will likely persist for a very long time as all commonly dormant genes do).

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9012 on: March 09, 2023, 04:10:46 pm »

sa

[can you post only 2 letters? yes]
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: March 10, 2023, 05:22:55 am »

[can you post only 2 letters? yes]
No
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: March 13, 2023, 06:29:18 am »

So the 'add an extra word' thread spat out 'SATAN’S LINGERIE STORE IN PASADENA, CALIFORNIA' a while back. Which I just read.

This prompted a few minutes of street-viewing around Pasadena. Specifically, around Cal-Tech. It looks.... so characterless. I couldn't think of, or see, anything a tourist would want to visit.

My question - - - is this a general rule of thumb for the US, or is it just that Pasadena sucks?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 635