Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UPDATED Let's Play: Prison Architect and Resonance (Complete)  (Read 4059 times)

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile

Hey there, Bay12. I just wanted to post this thread to draw some attention to my first video LP on youtube of a very obscure game called Hot Dog King. The game is all kinds of obscure it is not hard to see why it never drew a mass audience. Still, its interesting, and It was good enough to make me play it for a few hours. For those of you interested here is the link for the playlist. The Series is complete (with the last episode uploading at time of writing):

Hot Dog King

I'm hoping to do more LPs very soon. If you like what you see, please like, comment, subscribe, and share. It would really mean a lot to me. Let me know what you guys really think. I want to keep doing this, but I also want to improve. Also feel free to recommend titles for me to LP next!

------------
Update 8/1/2012

I've now got some way into both the flawed if not a total failure of an FPS Darkest of Days, as well as Wadjet Eye Game's latest adventure game offering, Resonance (The links lead to the playlist)

Also on display is a special one off of Kerbal Space Program. It isn't meant as a formal LP and it shows, but if you're interested, go ahead and watch.

----------------
Update 9/30/2012

After somewhat of a hiatus, I've finished Resonance as of tonight, and the final episodes are uploading as I'm typing this. Additionally, I did a brief play-through of Prison Architect. I can't say whats going to happen to darkest of days, its a pain to record and upload. I've also got over an hour of co-op footage of Revelations 2012 that needs either a mountain of patience to watch or some serious smash editing, which I'm not very good at, so who knows if that'll ever see the light of day. That said, I'm up for suggestions of new series. Feel free to let me know what you'd like to see.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:26:44 am by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Hot Dog King (Series Complete)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »

BoxLP! DOMINATE all three cities! Also, bikini-clad hotdog chick?

Wait. What the hell is happening? Your PDA gets infected by a space invaders virus, then UFOs attack and you have to kill them from a helicopter? I hope there's actual shop management at some point... :P
And now you have shoes that make your staff more confrontational. Maybe they'll chase away the next robber.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:20:33 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:27:14 pm »

Yeah, The series really ends in tears for reasons that aren't entirely my fault. But never fear, for recording of another game is starting literally after I post this and close out chrome!
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:03:49 pm »

This lp is so fucked up.

Now get to work on your Darkest of Days LP!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:07:04 pm »

Yes, yes. I will.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:01 pm »

Oh man, box has added 3 new lp's since the end of hot dog king but didn't post about it here for some strange reason.
Edit: wow double ninja great
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:53 pm »

The KSP video isn't a real Let's Play, and Darkest of Days is still very much early in progress. The time will come.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATED Let's Play: Darkest of Days and Resonance (In progress)
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 12:34:30 am »

Double-post bump for the Update. See the first post.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 12:59:12 am »

Darkest of Days? If you're going to play a bad game, at least have the decency to play a truly shit game like Damnation
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 01:41:43 am »

Funny thing, that. I tried to play Damnation when it came out. And I was unable to finish the tutorial due to a game-breaking bug at one of the half-dozen ziplines.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 01:57:48 am »

Funny thing, that. I tried to play Damnation when it came out. And I was unable to finish the tutorial due to a game-breaking bug at one of the half-dozen ziplines.

I've actually played through it 3 times. It's... bad. Rourke is the blandest character I have ever seen. Winslow was the best part.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

I have to ask; Why did you play it through three times?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATED Let's Play: Prison Architect and Resonance (Complete)
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 03:27:29 am »

After somewhat of a hiatus, I've finished Resonance as of tonight, and the final episodes are uploading as I'm typing this. Additionally, I did a brief play-through of Prison Architect. I can't say whats going to happen to darkest of days, its a pain to record and upload. I've also got over an hour of co-op footage of Revelations 2012 that needs either a mountain of patience to watch or some serious smash editing, which I'm not very good at, so who knows if that'll ever see the light of day. That said, I'm up for suggestions of new series. Feel free to let me know what you'd like to see.

(Shameless bump to correspond with updates.)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:14 pm »

No revelations 2012 for the love of god.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 11:37:03 pm »

Calhoun you fiend! You have sleep inducing voice!

Lucky for me I can criticise people all I want because I have no videos for people to pick on. HA HA HA! (Ps. They would suck anyway)

Also I left a comment on how you could have improved one of your letsplays just a bit.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:43:49 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: [1] 2