Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Eggs are out to get me.  (Read 15367 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs are out to get me.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 12:39:28 pm »

The trick is to get them on your side guys, make the suckers belive it's in their best interest to get killed in a horrible way, they even taste better when they go beliving that it's for a higher cause.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 01:04:36 pm »

Makes me wonder what your egg breaking technique is... Or if you are somehow getting poor quality eggs.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »

If you are having problems with uneven heat, a waffle iron could suit you just fine. It will crush their resistance like liquid nitrogen on a padlock.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »

This is why I make nothing but scrabbled eggs.  You want'em in a fancy shape, get in the kitchen and do it yourself, because an irregular pile of yellow puffs is good enough for me.

Now, am I the only person who goes to the trouble of picking out the umbilical?  They're all gummy and huge, which seems weird that I never find them in anyone else's cooking.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 02:35:03 pm »

... umbilical?

I don't even know what that is, in relation to chicken eggs. Crack egg, either put contents onto pan or into bowl. I... don't do anything else, personally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »

Yeah, pour a cracked egg and you'll see it, a little stringy white glob stuck to the yolk.  Egg embryos do have umbilici, they're left over from before the eggshell forms.  And they're gross.  And picking them off can break the yolk, which is usually why I just scramble then.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 02:38:20 pm »

Just fry that thing apart. It will not bother you when it has become one with the glorious mess.
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »

Recently I've discovered an aversion to the taste of chicken eggs. They're nutritious and all, but I really have to cover up the flavor to actually eat them. Usually by smothering them with cheese, of which I eat too much of already.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 02:43:48 pm »

Yeah, pour a cracked egg and you'll see it, a little stringy white glob stuck to the yolk.  Egg embryos do have umbilici, they're left over from before the eggshell forms.  And they're gross.  And picking them off can break the yolk, which is usually why I just scramble then.
Huh. I've never noticed. Or maybe I just assumed they were part of the white bits or something, I'unno.

But no, don't bother to take them off, or know anyone that does. I remove bits of egg shell if they manage to get in, but that's it.

Mind you, I can only really do scrambled or omelets, which is basically scrambled. That and just pouring the egg contents into rice a few minutes before the rice is finished cooking. Cooks the eggs, does nice things to the rice. Add cheese, breakfast! Or, well, eggs and rice. Breakfast rice needs bacon added in, too.
Ask not!
Ask!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 02:48:13 pm »

Recently I've discovered an aversion to the taste of chicken eggs. They're nutritious and all, but I really have to cover up the flavor to actually eat them. Usually by smothering them with cheese, of which I eat too much of already.

Nonsense, you can never eat too much cheese.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 02:48:59 pm »

Huh. I've never noticed. Or maybe I just assumed they were part of the white bits or something, I'unno.

But no, don't bother to take them off, or know anyone that does. I remove bits of egg shell if they manage to get in, but that's it.

Mind you, I can only really do scrambled or omelets, which is basically scrambled. That and just pouring the egg contents into rice a few minutes before the rice is finished cooking. Cooks the eggs, does nice things to the rice. Add cheese, breakfast! Or, well, eggs and rice. Breakfast rice needs bacon added in, too.
Just don't forget the dried chanterelle! They are the perfect icing to this mixed cake.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 02:51:48 pm »

That and just pouring the egg contents into rice a few minutes before the rice is finished cooking. Cooks the eggs, does nice things to the rice. Add cheese, breakfast! Or, well, eggs and rice. Breakfast rice needs bacon added in, too.

This sounds like an interesting recipe.  Care to elaborate?  I'd love to make egg rice.

I'm also now eating scrambled eggs.  Straight out the pan.  Being a bachelor is awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »

Chanterelle? Mushrooms as... cake icing?

... I'll, uh. I... I'm glad you enjoy it. Not particularly fond of mushrooms.

Re: egg rice, it's not too complicated. Take the desired amount of eggs, mix them up in a bowl like you're planning on making an omelet. Cook up some rice, probably by steaming or boiling, and then somewhere between three and five minutes before the rice is done, stir the eggs into the rice. Let rice finish cooking, and you're done. It is incredibly simple, and much easier than scrambling the eggs separately and stirring them into the rice.

As for the full on breakfast rice, you just cook up some bacon and tear it up, stir into the cooked egg+rice, probably along with the cheese. And... whatever else. You pretty much just take whatever you'd normally have for breakfast and stir it into a pot of rice.

E: Lunch rice, dinner rice, pizza rice... "take X and stir it into a pot of rice" is a pretty simple way to add some variety :P

E2: Yes, my basic cooking strategy is "take whatever I feel like eating, put it in a bowl, and stir." It's... surprisingly effective.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:01:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »

EGGS
Maybe I'm late to the party, and maybe I'm feeling a bit imbalanced for some reason, but that just might give me nightmares. Then again, maybe not. It's the strangest feeling. Is this what it's like to be Japanese?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks I've done scrambled this way (though I didn't have Crème fraîche, I used milk -- I'd probably use greek yogurt if I were trying it again) and it is delicious. Creamy, smooth, delightful.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5